• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wingfan24

Crosbys first 50 goal season

Rate this topic

Gotta give it to Crosby: Every time a weakness is exposed, he works to correct it.

I don't think he'll top Ovy this year, though (Which is ridiculous if you consider the GP difference). Ovy will likely explode in his last games.. I'm not sure his ego will let him lose to Crosby.

He's not, but he still may finish with more goals. Ovechkin hasn't been very hot lately. My guess is, with nothing else to play for, the Caps might make a more conscious effort to get the puck to AO, though.

Yeah, just think when Ovechkin's complete game revolves around scoring goals he'll find a way to score more. He's too gifted and competitive not to.

Ahh to play in the East. :lol:

He's not, but he still may finish with more goals. Ovechkin hasn't been very hot lately. My guess is, with nothing else to play for, the Caps might make a more conscious effort to get the puck to AO, though.

Ovechkin's played 10 fewer games. Ten.

Ovechkin has 8 less games, more points and his team won the President's trophy. Easily better this year than Crosby.

I still think Crosby is more valuable to his team.

Ovechkin has many great offensive players playing with him, and plays a system ideal for putting up points.

I know, Ovie is clearly the better goal scorer, but those missed games might still end up seeing him lose the goal scoring race. That it's been this close even with that factor is certainly a credit to Ovechkin's ability.

Agreed. :)

I still think Crosby is more valuable to his team.

Ovechkin has many great offensive players playing with him, and plays a system ideal for putting up points.

If only Crosby wasn't forced to play a defensive role on a Western team :( He only gets, what, 7 mins of PP time a night? Poor guy. That's what the Pens get for running the trap instead of playing a high offense system. :lol:

Agreed. :)

If only Crosby wasn't forced to play a defensive role on a Western team :( He only gets, what, 7 mins of PP time a night? Poor guy. That's what the Pens get for running the trap instead of playing a high offense system. :lol:

Well do you think Guerin/Dupuis are the same talent level of Ovie's linemates?

That's all I'm getting at.

I don't want to make comparisons to Gretzky, but I always think of Gretzky as a pass first guy, yet he scored almost 900 goals in his career.

Crosby is not the best goalscorer in the league, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him keep winning this award like Gretzky did, just because he has such great offensive instincts.

Well do you think Guerin/Dupuis are the same talent level of Ovie's linemates?

That's all I'm getting at.

Meh, Ovi put more goals up with crap linemates than he has this season. Both Ovi and Crosby are the engines of their teams. You could throw either of them out with a pair of peewee kids and they'd score buckets of goals. :P