• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wingfan24

Crosbys first 50 goal season

Rate this topic

Someone needs to create a thread about Crosby with a poll with many different choices to decide whether or not LGW respects and likes/dislikes him. And it should be the last Crosby thread ever on LGW. Any updates on his behavior will go/merge into that thread. Chances are that thread would keep a good portion of Carman's posts into one thread, thus making him a little easier to ignore. I see many advantages to this idea but I need the mods to back me on this.

Someone needs to create a thread about Crosby with a poll with many different choices to decide whether or not LGW respects and likes/dislikes him. And it should be the last Crosby thread ever on LGW.

It would probably be the most active thread in LGW history.

Crysby :puke: Too bad he whines and cries and flops around like a fish, then maybe I could congratulate 50 goals for him, but until he grows up, :puke: (how many of those goals were on power plays that he embellished and shouldn't have been penalties to begin with?) I don't know why you people keep posting Crysby stuff on here, we will never respect the baby especially for his whiney antics in 2008 (obstruction, obstruction, wah, wah, cry!) and then for his hand shake dis in 2009. Die Crysby, DIE...

:puke: :puke: :puke:

Oh and BTW: :puke:

Calm down dude...

Really hope Stamkos wins it, just to further prove Melrose is an idiot for starting him on the fourth line. Seriously, what coach in his right mind puts a #1 draft pick with all these scoring titles on the FOURTH LINE?!?

Sidney Crosby told them to change it to Guerin. Crosby with 49, Guerin with 21. Class Act yet again Crosby, nice job :thumbup:

The puck clearly hit Guerin before going in. I couldn't believe they announced it as Crosby's 50th. They must have just did that for the fans.

As for "class act" Crosby, he needs to stop taking cheap shots at opposing players.

Sidney Crosby told them to change it to Guerin. Crosby with 49, Guerin with 21. Class Act yet again Crosby, nice job :thumbup:

Based on? Can Crosby just give and take away goals now? The league reviews goals and they are changed after the fact. Sid didn't tell them to do jack. Funny tho.

The puck clearly hit Guerin before going in. I couldn't believe they announced it as Crosby's 50th. They must have just did that for the fans.

As for "class act" Crosby, he needs to stop taking cheap shots at opposing players.

I'm not so sure. While I haven't heard anyone reporting this outside of Carman, it wouldn't be the first time Crosby has done this. Also, I watched the game and based on the video I saw, I'm not sure how you can conclude it hit Guerin. Good chance it hit him, but you really couldn't tell.

Also, it took them forever to announce the goal, presummably to go over the video to make sure they got it right. Seems kinda strange.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=524585&cmpid=rss-News%20in%20English

Sidney Crosby's 50th goal of season given to Bill Guerin after post-game review

Thursday, 04.08.2010 / 11:38 PM / News

Canadian Press

PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh Penguins captain Sidney Crosby appeared to reach the 50-goal mark for the first time in his five-season career, only to have a goal taken away by video review long after the Penguins' 7-3 victory over the Islanders ended Thursday night.

Crosby scored his 49th goal in the final minute of the second period, making it 4-2. He appeared to reach the 50-goal mark on a slap shot from the right point on a power play at 14:34 of the second, but it was changed following review to Bill Guerin. Crosby did get the 500th point of his career on the play, an assist.

Crosby has two more games to try to get his 50th goal, Saturday at Atlanta and Sunday at the Islanders.

Edited by kook_10

Subtle.

:lol:

We have a genius here folks. He's discovered the secret to scoring 50+ goals in the NHL. All you have to do is shoot lots. No talent needed you can make up for it with tons and tons of shots. :clap:

Quick! Someone call Yashin and tell him it's not too late to be a superstar. :rolleyes:

:lol:

Gotta give it to Crosby: Every time a weakness is exposed, he works to correct it.

I don't think he'll top Ovy this year, though (Which is ridiculous if you consider the GP difference). Ovy will likely explode in his last games.. I'm not sure his ego will let him lose to Crosby.

? He's only ever been an offensive threat. He has no defensive skills and I haven't seen him work to correct this. Malkin was injured this year and so Crosby simply had to score more. I don't give him credit for being anything but a talented offensive player.

Lol at Carman. You make it seem like Crosby presented his 50th goal to Guerin out of the genuine kindness in his heart, as though he has such infinite power in this league that he can decide who the goal goes to.

More like.... Guerin CLEARLY scored the goal, and the NHL reviews this and got it correct. Give me a break.

Also, why don't you compare the +/- of Sid and Ovi? Just saying.

Also, I watched the game and based on the video I saw, I'm not sure how you can conclude it hit Guerin. Good chance it hit him, but you really couldn't tell.

Pucks don't change direction in mid air by themselves. I was watching the game too and they showed it like 100 times and in every replay, it changes direction when it gets to Guerin.

And I'm not even going to bother posting the numerous incidents Ovechkin has been in trouble for (and I love Ovechkin).

You people are completely asinine in your hate for Crosby. It is borderline pathetic.

It was classy for Crosby to go out of his way to tell people it his Guerin. He could have said nothing and just let it be, but he wanted to make sure the right player was given the goal. If a Wing captain did the same thing they would be heralded on this board for being such a classy move. But because Sid the Diving Whining Cheapshotting, no Defensive talent, Douchebag did it there has to be SOMETHING to discredit what he did. Just something.

Hate him or not, that is a classy move for any player.

And I'm not even going to bother posting the numerous incidents Ovechkin has been in trouble for (and I love Ovechkin).

You people are completely asinine in your hate for Crosby. It is borderline pathetic.

It was classy for Crosby to go out of his way to tell people it his Guerin. He could have said nothing and just let it be, but he wanted to make sure the right player was given the goal. If a Wing captain did the same thing they would be heralded on this board for being such a classy move. But because Sid the Diving Whining Cheapshotting, no Defensive talent, Douchebag did it there has to be SOMETHING to discredit what he did. Just something.

Hate him or not, that is a classy move for any player.

I still think it's a 'changed after video review' situation, but if he did do some convincing then sure, that is a classy move.

I still think it's a 'changed after video review' situation, but if he did do some convincing then sure, that is a classy move.

Well I'm not going to be silly and say that Crosby's statement caused the goal to be changed, but it is still classy that he said "hey, it wasn't mine" even though it would have been his first 50 goal season of his career.

There is nothing to hate on that move.

I still think Crosby is more valuable to his team.

Ovechkin has many great offensive players playing with him, and plays a system ideal for putting up points.

unfortunately i agree with you. and on top of all the great players ovie plays with, he plays in the weakest division in the league.

32 games/year against atlanta, carolina, florida and tampa. rated 10, 12-14 in the east...weak.

Crosby did get the 500th point of his career on the play, an assist.

y'know, I despise Crosby as much as the next man, but to get to 500 points so quickly is impressive, even with all the caveats.

I'm really pulling for Stamkos. For one, I'm tired of seeing (though I understand the reasons) the NHL only pushing Crosby/Pens and Ovechkin/Capitals. Good to see a young guy from a losing team come out of nowhere and steal the scoring title.

Oh, and if you haven't noticed Stamkos is a -4. How ridiculous would it be to have a scoring title goto a guy with a minus.

Well I'm not going to be silly and say that Crosby's statement caused the goal to be changed, but it is still classy that he said "hey, it wasn't mine" even though it would have been his first 50 goal season of his career.

There is nothing to hate on that move.

I definitely agree that there's no reason for the hate here. The kid got his 500th point last night. That's pretty sick.

unfortunately i agree with you. and on top of all the great players ovie plays with, he plays in the weakest division in the league.

32 games/year against atlanta, carolina, florida and tampa. rated 10, 12-14 in the east...weak.

Dude the entire East is like that. There's a reason why the top 3 goal scorers are from the Least.