I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 09:25 AM

http://www.nhl.com/i...News in English

Sidney Crosby's 50th goal of season given to Bill Guerin after post-game review
Thursday, 04.08.2010 / 11:38 PM / News
Canadian Press

PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh Penguins captain Sidney Crosby appeared to reach the 50-goal mark for the first time in his five-season career, only to have a goal taken away by video review long after the Penguins' 7-3 victory over the Islanders ended Thursday night.

Crosby scored his 49th goal in the final minute of the second period, making it 4-2. He appeared to reach the 50-goal mark on a slap shot from the right point on a power play at 14:34 of the second, but it was changed following review to Bill Guerin. Crosby did get the 500th point of his career on the play, an assist.

Crosby has two more games to try to get his 50th goal, Saturday at Atlanta and Sunday at the Islanders.

Edited by kook_10, 09 April 2010 - 09:25 AM.

works every time

#62 Frozen-Man

Frozen-Man

Thanks for the memories

• Gold Booster
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 10:22 AM

Subtle.

:lol:

We have a genius here folks. He's discovered the secret to scoring 50+ goals in the NHL. All you have to do is shoot lots. No talent needed you can make up for it with tons and tons of shots. :clap:

Quick! Someone call Yashin and tell him it's not too late to be a superstar. :rolleyes:

:lol:

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

#63 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 10:27 AM

Gotta give it to Crosby: Every time a weakness is exposed, he works to correct it.

I don't think he'll top Ovy this year, though (Which is ridiculous if you consider the GP difference). Ovy will likely explode in his last games.. I'm not sure his ego will let him lose to Crosby.

? He's only ever been an offensive threat. He has no defensive skills and I haven't seen him work to correct this. Malkin was injured this year and so Crosby simply had to score more. I don't give him credit for being anything but a talented offensive player.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#64 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 10:34 AM

Can I bribe a mod to delete this post off a RED WINGS board?

Edited by syntax, 09 April 2010 - 10:34 AM.

The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#65 ilmickeyli

ilmickeyli

Meatwad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 10:42 AM

hope this thread jinxed him
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#66 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 10:45 AM

Cindy is a cry baby whining little child still being spoon fed by Mario

Solid contribution :thumbup:
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#67 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,216 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 11:11 AM

Lol at Carman. You make it seem like Crosby presented his 50th goal to Guerin out of the genuine kindness in his heart, as though he has such infinite power in this league that he can decide who the goal goes to.

More like.... Guerin CLEARLY scored the goal, and the NHL reviews this and got it correct. Give me a break.

Also, why don't you compare the +/- of Sid and Ovi? Just saying.
Posted Image

#68 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 11:22 AM

Also, I watched the game and based on the video I saw, I'm not sure how you can conclude it hit Guerin. Good chance it hit him, but you really couldn't tell.

Pucks don't change direction in mid air by themselves. I was watching the game too and they showed it like 100 times and in every replay, it changes direction when it gets to Guerin.

#69 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 12:05 PM

The puck clearly hit Guerin before going in. I couldn't believe they announced it as Crosby's 50th. They must have just did that for the fans.

As for "class act" Crosby, he needs to stop taking cheap shots at opposing players.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjDgUYNvlsI

And I'm not even going to bother posting the numerous incidents Ovechkin has been in trouble for (and I love Ovechkin).

You people are completely asinine in your hate for Crosby. It is borderline pathetic.

It was classy for Crosby to go out of his way to tell people it his Guerin. He could have said nothing and just let it be, but he wanted to make sure the right player was given the goal. If a Wing captain did the same thing they would be heralded on this board for being such a classy move. But because Sid the Diving Whining Cheapshotting, no Defensive talent, Douchebag did it there has to be SOMETHING to discredit what he did. Just something.

Hate him or not, that is a classy move for any player.

Posted Image

#70 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 12:09 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjDgUYNvlsI

And I'm not even going to bother posting the numerous incidents Ovechkin has been in trouble for (and I love Ovechkin).

You people are completely asinine in your hate for Crosby. It is borderline pathetic.

It was classy for Crosby to go out of his way to tell people it his Guerin. He could have said nothing and just let it be, but he wanted to make sure the right player was given the goal. If a Wing captain did the same thing they would be heralded on this board for being such a classy move. But because Sid the Diving Whining Cheapshotting, no Defensive talent, Douchebag did it there has to be SOMETHING to discredit what he did. Just something.

I still think it's a 'changed after video review' situation, but if he did do some convincing then sure, that is a classy move.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#71 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 12:14 PM

I still think it's a 'changed after video review' situation, but if he did do some convincing then sure, that is a classy move.

Well I'm not going to be silly and say that Crosby's statement caused the goal to be changed, but it is still classy that he said "hey, it wasn't mine" even though it would have been his first 50 goal season of his career.

There is nothing to hate on that move.

Posted Image

#72 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,196 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 12:23 PM

I still think Crosby is more valuable to his team.

Ovechkin has many great offensive players playing with him, and plays a system ideal for putting up points.

unfortunately i agree with you. and on top of all the great players ovie plays with, he plays in the weakest division in the league.

32 games/year against atlanta, carolina, florida and tampa. rated 10, 12-14 in the east...weak.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#73 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 12:24 PM

Crosby did get the 500th point of his career on the play, an assist.

y'know, I despise Crosby as much as the next man, but to get to 500 points so quickly is impressive, even with all the caveats.
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#74 Redwing Hokie

Redwing Hokie

Prospect

• 32 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 12:25 PM

I'm really pulling for Stamkos. For one, I'm tired of seeing (though I understand the reasons) the NHL only pushing Crosby/Pens and Ovechkin/Capitals. Good to see a young guy from a losing team come out of nowhere and steal the scoring title.

Oh, and if you haven't noticed Stamkos is a -4. How ridiculous would it be to have a scoring title goto a guy with a minus.

#75 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 12:35 PM

Well I'm not going to be silly and say that Crosby's statement caused the goal to be changed, but it is still classy that he said "hey, it wasn't mine" even though it would have been his first 50 goal season of his career.

There is nothing to hate on that move.

I definitely agree that there's no reason for the hate here. The kid got his 500th point last night. That's pretty sick.

unfortunately i agree with you. and on top of all the great players ovie plays with, he plays in the weakest division in the league.

32 games/year against atlanta, carolina, florida and tampa. rated 10, 12-14 in the east...weak.

Dude the entire East is like that. There's a reason why the top 3 goal scorers are from the Least.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#76 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 12:40 PM

I definitely agree that there's no reason for the hate here. The kid got his 500th point last night. That's pretty sick.

Dude the entire East is like that. There's a reason why the top 3 goal scorers are from the Least.

OR maybe the entire East is like that BECAUSE there are players like that. Maybe Florida, Tampa Bay etc. are bad because the play against Ovechkin all the time?
Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#77 BUHdactyl

BUHdactyl

Rookie

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 12:54 PM

Bottom line is that this is a Red Wings forum, and nobody here gives two s***s about Crosby and his 49 goals this season. Majority of the people who bother to post on this forum love the sport for how great it is, and for no other reason. The thing about Sidney Crosby is that he's been built up to be the epic hockey master of all time, some even going as far as to compare him to Gretzky and so on even before he'd blossomed into the player he is today. He has been forced down the throats of hockey fans, and we're being forced to hear his name in nearly every broadcast, even if we aren't playing Pittsburgh. There's a reason why nearly everyone on this board would like to see Stamkos surpass both Ovechkin and Crosby and that's because Steve Stamkos is not being FORCED down our throats. We don't have to hear everyday how awesome and perfect he is - we're able to form our own opinions of him based on his game, rather than have someone elses opinions hammered into our ears day in and day out. There is no denying the fact that Crosby is great and he is an elite player, but I can't help but hate him because of the s***storm created in his name each day by every network/radio station.

Some of you piss and moan about how most of us hate the guy, but even Crosby himself must be on the verge of puking every time he logs onto NHL.com or watches a game on Versus. Take your Crosby love to another forum or just accept the fact that most people here aren't going to want to hear about him. We hear enough about him every time we turn on our TVs, and if anything LetsGoWings should be a sanctuary for us wishing nothing more than to enjoy the sport / team we love without the irritation of, "Crosby scores most," "Crosby Better Goalie than Brodeur," or "Sid the Kid : Olympic God."

It feels like this whole thing is like a bad joke and those of you who support him just don't get it. Go Stamkos.

#78 HelmerFan

HelmerFan

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 02:21 PM

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjDgUYNvlsI"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=QjDgUYNvlsI[/url]

Basically, Freedom of opinion is not tolerated unless said opinion matches your own?
And just because sid makes a classy move for one of his teammates does not excuse his childish behavior in losing situations.

Sid is great when he is winning, but he is a poor sport when he is losing.

#79 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,457 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 02:41 PM

I've been getting really accustomed to the irrational hate of Crosby around this site, but the hate got to a new level when I read this the other day....can't remember where, but it wasn't here.

"The only reason Crosby has a lot of goals this year is because he is so selfish" In some people's eyes, the guy really can do no right. When he only gets 35 goals or so.....he's okay, but he doesn't score many goals (even though 35-40 goals is a lot)....then, when he scores more goals...must be because he's selfish.

#80 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,915 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 02:43 PM

I found these on youtube :lol:

Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions