• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Zetts

Tampa Bay

Rate this topic

So, looking at Tampa Bay, they're near the bottom of the standings again. They've already got some young players who should be pretty good. Strangely, I haven't heard anything about Hedman this year though.

Since they'll be getting yet another high pick, I was wondering if people think they'll have a similar path to teams like Pittsburgh and Chicago, and be dominant in a year or two.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

To me it depends on whether or not Vinny Lecavalier can play like a franchise player. I mean, what happened to this guy? An injury I know but it seems like he's really fallen off mentally.

this thread needs some attention :blink:

yeah i totally agree..it just seems he disappeared this season. i never really started liking him until their cup run in 2004..ill never forget when he fought chara...i thought..man..this guy has major balls..lol

overall i think they will be a good team within the next couple years and if they draft the right players to contribute to make the team successful. i mean look what happened with stamkos.. :siren:

Guest mjtm77

Stamkos is the team if they can acually build a team around him then yea but iam thinking prob a good 4 years if they do it right

Hedman has quietly been having a solid season for a 19-year old d-man in his first year in the league. Stamkos has had a fantastic year.

They can build around those two for a long time.

I feel like they need some big changes though. Probably a new coach, better defense, a real starting goaltender etc.

this thread needs some attention :blink:

yeah i totally agree..it just seems he disappeared this season. i never really started liking him until their cup run in 2004..ill never forget when he fought chara...i thought..man..this guy has major balls..lol

overall i think they will be a good team within the next couple years and if they draft the right players to contribute to make the team successful. i mean look what happened with stamkos.. :siren:

Guarantee it had to do with the cluster-f that was ownership and management at the beginning of the year... I predict he will have a resurgence next season with a REAL owner and new leadership in TB... watch for it.

Vinny is still an awesome player. The problem is he was delegated to the second line with no real help. They have Tanguay but he wasn't near what they thought he could be. Downie brought the grittyness to the top line which made them formidable and that powerplay is sick. If they get some sort of finisher besides tanguay or if Purcell is actually as good as he was in the AHL he'll have a turn around year...if the management doesn't send him somewhere else.

They definatly have the beginnings of a really good team in Stamkos, St. Louis, Vinny, Hedman. But like everyone on here has been saying, they need more D and goaltending.

I hear Thomas will be on the trade block this summer because of Rask, and I'll bet Tampa Bay will be in the running for him. With that and drafting a D-man, they will be good in a couple years.

Vinny is still an awesome player. The problem is he was delegated to the second line with no real help. They have Tanguay but he wasn't near what they thought he could be. Downie brought the grittyness to the top line which made them formidable and that powerplay is sick. If they get some sort of finisher besides tanguay or if Purcell is actually as good as he was in the AHL he'll have a turn around year...if the management doesn't send him somewhere else.

I wouldn't worry about the management sending him elsewhere... that contract is untradeable right now. :P

Speaking to a person associated with the organization, the feeling is that Lecavalier has basically quit. He's got a huge guaranteed contract, a Cup ring, and a nice home in a sunny area with no real possibility of being traded. As the "focal point" in the locker room, that attitude has spread a bit. It's divided between people who now see TB as a retirement home/party van vs. those who actually want to win. It's pretty bad.

Guest Lidstromboli

Three great offensive players and some promising defensemen. Not enough to be a good team yet.

Besides, I expect them to move either St. Louis or Lecavalier.

St. Louis would probably be a lot easier to move, but getting rid of a guy like that would be dumb.

Edited by Lidstromboli

I've watched a good bit of TB games just to watch Stamkos. One of my favorite players in the league. Amazing talent and I do think TB can build around him. They just need more depth and better goaltending

To me it depends on whether or not Vinny Lecavalier can play like a franchise player. I mean, what happened to this guy? An injury I know but it seems like he's really fallen off mentally.

when you have a pretty good team and win the cup and then your captain retires and the GM has a firesale of role players and secondary scoring and then the owners are having their own squabble on the side...it really f***s things up on a hockey team. richards also went to dallas and left only st. louis and lecavalier seeing as boyle went to the sharks too. now their #1 d-man is meszaros, who just got hammered in the jugular with a slapshot last night...hope he's ok.

it's only a matter of time until stamkos is RFA and gets his payday and the lightning have issues with top 3 star players cap with vinny's huge salary always on the table, and one of the big 3 take the train.

vinny needs a fresh start in a new city. maybe he should have went to montreal when he had the chance...but then again if he didn't produce there, the home fans would boo him.

Given the direction they're heading under Yzerman, I think they'll be a solid contender a few years down the road.

Their defense is really the only question now that they've got Ellis. I guess next year will be important to see how Hedman does.

They've got quite a bit of young talent to look forward to.

Edited by Zetts

Given the direction they're heading under Yzerman, I think they'll be a solid contender a few years down the road.

Their defense is really the only question now that they've got Ellis. I guess next year will be important to see how Hedman does.

They've got quite a bit of young talent to look forward to.

They still have ALOT of questions to answer before anyone can legitimately think of them as a contender. Secondary scoring has still been an issue. Defense still has some holes in it, and Ellis has still not proven he can become a franchise goaltender.