• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingNutt

Tilted Visor Trend?

Rate this topic

ok well the reason some players have their visors up so high is they started their careers in the AHL where there required to wear visors so they just push them up all the way so it doesnt get in there vision, and when they make the move back to the NHL they are so used to it that they just keep it.(at least thats the reason for some players)

And as far as the mirrored visors it keeps the goalie and other players from seeing your eyes and where you might be looking to pass shoot etc. (and because it looks "cool")

the tinted visors it reduces the glare caused by normal visors(if youve worn them you know what im talking about)they also may wear them to look cool or they may have vision problems and their eyes may be sensitive to light

I am waiting for players to start putting LEDS and NOS Stickers on their helmets and spinners on the skates for +10 hp

lol @ NOS stickers

As for Ovie's, I remember a few years back when Brodeur was bitching about his mirror visor one game, because he couldn't see his eyes to make a read on Ovie's shots.

I think the mirrored visors are dumb. All fashion imo... but the blue one is cool for patriotism and all.

Tilted is definitely so when you play a puck at your feet you don't have to deal with a line intersecting your view and two ocular planes (different depth perception etc) caused by plastic vs. thin air.

Mirrored isn't for style or fashion: mirroring the plastic allows for a darker tint, and some NHL arenas are hideously bright when you're in the ice. The guys that have tinted visors probably don't like playing when it's that bright, so they get tinted visors.

Same reason that football players like LT wear mirrored visors on their helmets.

I don't really get the obstruction viewpoint that a lot of players have, since I've played lacrosse since I was nine, but I guess if you didn't grow up wearing huge bars in front of your face, you're not used to it.

Edited by Theophany

The reason you saw a lot of Tilted visor in the Olympics is due to the fact that players are forced to wear visors by IIHF rules. A lot of Players on the Canadian team do not wear a visor on a regular basis.... so this was the best way to wear it to feel like they weren't wearing a visor...

crash

Pronger didn't wear one the whole Olympics.

Yeah I'm pretty sure the visor tints were initially meant for different degrees of light sensitivity and etc, but I'm sure people like to look cool like Ovechkin and wear mirrored.

Ovie doesn't wear a mirrored visor. They're not allowed in the NHL.