• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

4/9 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Blue Jackets 0 (SO)

Rate this topic

Guest Shoreline

Translating mindflyspeak: It was a good defensive battle and a close game, with the Wings doing the usual outshooting opponents, and the Wings didn't win by 5 goals.

For those saying "Howard was saved by the posts" I have a little information for you:

Shots that go off the posts are not going in the net.

The goalie could be up on the concourse ordering a Hot & Ready and the shot would STILL not go in.

The only time the goalie could ever be considered to be "saved" by the post is if the shot went off the goalie's back and then bounced off the post back into the goalie again, slid towards the goal line, and then the goalie was able to stop it before it was knocked in. That or something similar is about the only situation you could consider the goalie saved by the post. Bouncing off the outside of the post and away from the net is not the goalie being saved by the post.

For those saying "Howard was saved by the posts" I have a little information for you:

The goalie could be up on the concourse ordering a Hot & Ready and the shot would STILL not go in.

The only time the goalie could ever be considered to be "saved" by the post is if the shot went off the goalie's back and then bounced off the post back into the goalie again, slid towards the goal line, and then the goalie was able to stop it before it was knocked in. That or something similar is about the only situation you could consider the goalie saved by the post. Bouncing off the outside of the post and away from the net is not the goalie being saved by the post.

Then they were saved by a bad shot? Like when Draper has a wide open net and shoots it super wide, the goalie was saved by a bad shot.

But if they start osgood its a sure loss...why give chicago more confidence than they already have?

red wing hockey is also; puck possesion, limited turnovers and offense... they had very little of that in this game. Howard got saved by the post 2 or 3 times as well.

were you watching the same damn game the rest of us where?

I was 5 rows from the ice, Columbus was completely selling out and Detroit still outshot them by 25. Only Mason was keeping this one from being a blowout and sometimes that happens. But since you've only been watching hockey since 2008 maybe you were unaware.

Columbus didn't have more than what 1 shot in the last 15 minutes of the game.

The offense will come around, but DEFENSE wins championships.

If you like your team to win games 6-5 but lose in the playoffs go be a Caps fan bandwagoner.

I was at the game tonight and I can verify that there were at LEAST 3 octopi thrown on the ice one during the shootout right after Datsyuk tied it, one at the end of regulation, and one after OT. I heard there were 4 didn't see it though.

I saw the 3....I didn't see the fourth either.

Edited by BuckeyeWingsfan80

Guest mindfly

Hell yes, just outshooting teams wont give you any wins come playoff time you need to have the skills to execute and finish also... I guess it comes down to I search for perfection so I'm really darn good to see what is missing in the detroit team, while the average fan just look at the positives drinking beer screaming LETS GO WINGS, I'm more like babcock..a coach...- hardly ever pleased always looking for improvement.

Edited by mindfly

Guest Crymson

Aye. I've never understood why posts are such a big deal. They make a big, dramatic noise, sure. But as far as its practical effect on the game, hitting the post and having the puck not go in the net is the same as shooting a puck a meter wide of the net. The puck did not go in; the player did not take a shot that was capable of beating the goalie and making it into the net.

Aye. I've never understood why posts are such a big deal. They make a big, dramatic noise, sure. But as far as its practical effect on the game, hitting the post and having the puck not go in the net is the same as shooting a puck a meter wide of the net. The puck did not go in; the player did not take a shot that was capable of beating the goalie and making it into the net.

I think the idea is that the shot was too close for comfort and had the goalie been able to get in front of the shot that hit the post he would have.. ie. the goalie is beaten, but not the post.

Guest mindfly

15-3-2

Jumped from 9th to 5th - what the hell else do you want?

You see 15-3-2 I see loss against edmonton, blowout loss to nucks 6-3, couldn't defend a 4goal lead against edmonton, buzzbeaters (yeah that's luck too), kicking motion goal, highstick goal, sloppy game against nashville, sloppy 3-2 win against columbus (players admitted themselves)

The record could have been much worse and for this team to go far in the playoffs they just gotta be better... can't wait until wedenesday/thursday and see if they are up for the task to tighten up on defense and EXECUTE on offense.

If we shoot the puck and hit the post, I think to myself, 'Damnnnnn we almost scored, we were so close". I don't think, "The goalie got so lucky the post was there". So i agree with you, why should it be the other way around.

You see 15-3-2 I see loss against edmonton, blowout loss to nucks 6-3, couldn't defend a 4goal lead against edmonton, buzzbeaters (yeah that's luck too), kicking motion goal, highstick goal, sloppy game against nashville, sloppy 3-2 win against columbus (players admitted themselves)

The record could have been much worse and for this team to go far in the playoffs they just gotta be better... can't wait until wedenesday/thursday and see if they are up for the task to tighten up on defense and EXECUTE on offense.

relax. wings got blown out a bunch of times in 07-08 And had a longer losing streak at one point in the season.

Guest mindfly

relax. wings got blown out a bunch of times in 07-08 And had a longer losing streak at one point in the season.

Yeah when lidstrom, rafalski, kronwall, and some other players were injured :hehe:

Edited by mindfly

Ok so you pointed out the 3 losses that you didn't like, but you post reads like every other game was 5-4 win. Barely able to pull it out when it counts.

What should be more important is the 15, you know the number that got them into the playoffs.

You act like just weeks ago the Wings weren't out of the playoffs.

It is not like the were in first all year and the 3 losses you mentioned were what put the Wings in 5th.

Weeks ago people were counting the Wings out and now very few teams want to face them.

How even you can spin the 15-3-2 that put this team in the postseason, and has been played like post season hockey (close games tough to score in), yet here we are with you and your constant drivel of how bad things are.

But in reality they are about 10 x's better than a month and a half ago.

But in reality all I did was feed the troll, so I guess I am as bad as you.

Unfortunately other teams do have good players as well. This is a professional sports league after all...

haha i knew kronny would have 3rd shot on the shootout list after the last shootout.

nice shutout for howard, seems like mason was a mad man 40 something saves.

who had the penalty shot?

Helm.

And Mason poke-checked him before he even got anything resembling a good move in....

We won a shoot-out? Sweet Jesus shortcake. Between this and CC Sabathia throwing a no-no for 7.2 innings, I think the stars and planets are aligned for me today. Nicely done, Wings!

Sorry, i threw up in my mouth a little.