• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest mindfly

Alex Burrows doesn't like Detroit

Rate this topic

guess that means their 3 times as beatable since we beat them 3 times more :P

Including that 4-0 deficit comeback? And the last meeting where we showed 'em how to play clutch.

Of course... Detroit IS beatable, we've seen it 38 times this year. Just don't tell Lidstrom and co. that.

So I found this looking up so stuff on Burrows.

Just a little to add the the fire of hate towards Burrows although this was sort of funny. This was a few years ago.

"I was complimenting him on his potato farm saying he must like the french fries the best because he's looking a little chubby."

- Alex Burrows, on what made Detroit's Aaron Downey (above) mad enough to spear the Canucks' pest during Saturday's pre-game warmup

So he said Detroit is beatable and said something mean and nasty about the Red Wings. Big whoopdie doo. Pretty much every team is beatable and no one team scares the bejesus out of me and this isn't the first time somebody has "talked", nor will it be the last time. Nothing to get our panties in a bunch about.

Guest Lidstromboli

He hatin'...

Patrolling they tryin to catch me ridin...

*divin dirty

So he said Detroit is beatable and said something mean and nasty about the Red Wings. Big whoopdie doo. Pretty much every team is beatable and no one team scares the bejesus out of me and this isn't the first time somebody has "talked", nor will it be the last time. Nothing to get our panties in a bunch about.

I really don't see anything wrong with having a thread like this. ...getting your army riled. casting Berserker Rage II on them before the war. I like it=)

My new best friend. Scratch all thoughts of wanting to avoid Vancouver in the first round.

"Once again-it's on"

-Ice Cube

You know,it's kinda funny that he says all this from the comfort of an interviewroom.I want Vancouver in the 1st round.I'd like to see him back up what he ******* has to say about this team and this city.I'm sure every time Vancouver comes into Detroit,he's silent as hell and doesn't say anything.He's a spineless little prick.This guy's a joke.Put him in the streets of Detroit and see if he disses the city itself.Detroit would eat him alive.Bring on the 'Nucks.

I really don't see anything wrong with having a thread like this. ...getting your army riled. casting Berserker Rage II on them before the war. I like it=)

Oh yeah, no doubt about it. Just overall in sports and in general "talking" isn't a brand new discovery all of a sudden and it's not like he said anything derogatory or whatever. Talking like that or press clipping really don't bug me all that much. Kinda like an "I've seen enough throughout my life to not get bothered by it" approach or whatever. Of course people can have their fun with it still, just not something I usually take much part in. Probably could've approached my first post less directly, so my bad there.

Post that comment up in the Wings' lockerroom and were all set.

My thoughts exactly. Let's see what he thinks after hitting a Kronwall at full speed.

Edited by The Nephilim

Just a little to add the the fire of hate towards Burrows although this was sort of funny. This was a few years ago.

"I was complimenting him on his potato farm saying he must like the french fries the best because he's looking a little chubby."

- Alex Burrows, on what made Detroit's Aaron Downey (above) mad enough to spear the Canucks' pest during Saturday's pre-game warmup

lol why would Downey get angry over that? And what kind of homo rips on another guy for his weight? That's a chick insult.

Haha, that's actually funny, but sounds like something a chick would say to another.

I don't mind him saying stuff like Wings are Beatable even saying things bad about Wings and Wings players isnt so bad. But why do people (especially people in the public eye) continue to bash a city and region that is struggling and suffering right now? The people of Detroit and it's surrounding area did nothing to Alex Burrows or the Vancouver Canucks. If he wants to say Nick Lidstrom wears dirty underwear, that's fine, but God Damn it leave Southeast Michigan ALONE! Detroit helped build America, Michigan helped build America, in a lot of ways, Michigan is still a huge contributor to the succcess of not only America, but all of North America. And that is because of its hard working people. Despite the fact that our Government and CEO's continue to screw us over, we only get stronger. Alex Burrows needs to apologize to the people of Detroit. He also needs to realize that if not for cities like Detroit, there wouldn't be cities like Vancouver. These kind of people disgust me. Hey Alex, there must be something good about our community, most players that come here and live here, never want to leave. Oh BTW, how many players in the NHL have either grown up here or gone to school here or just live here in the off-season. There is something special about Michigan, Southeast Michigan, Detroit and Hockeytown. It's unfortunate people cannot look past the cover and open the book to page 1 and see what kind of people we are. Not just as Hockey fans, but as people & communities. We live, we breathe and yes Alex, we bleed just like people in Vancouver, Los Angeles, Tallahassee & Edmonton.

I don't mind him saying stuff like Wings are Beatable even saying things bad about Wings and Wings players isnt so bad. But why do people (especially people in the public eye) continue to bash a city and region that is struggling and suffering right now? The people of Detroit and it's surrounding area did nothing to Alex Burrows or the Vancouver Canucks. If he wants to say Nick Lidstrom wears dirty underwear, that's fine, but God Damn it leave Southeast Michigan ALONE! Detroit helped build America, Michigan helped build America, in a lot of ways, Michigan is still a huge contributor to the succcess of not only America, but all of North America. And that is because of its hard working people. Despite the fact that our Government and CEO's continue to screw us over, we only get stronger. Alex Burrows needs to apologize to the people of Detroit. He also needs to realize that if not for cities like Detroit, there wouldn't be cities like Vancouver. These kind of people disgust me. Hey Alex, there must be something good about our community, most players that come here and live here, never want to leave. Oh BTW, how many players in the NHL have either grown up here or gone to school here or just live here in the off-season. There is something special about Michigan, Southeast Michigan, Detroit and Hockeytown. It's unfortunate people cannot look past the cover and open the book to page 1 and see what kind of people we are. Not just as Hockey fans, but as people & communities. We live, we breathe and yes Alex, we bleed just like people in Vancouver, Los Angeles, Tallahassee & Edmonton.

This guy is a ******* joke.I don't want him to apologize becuase it wouldn't be truthful.I'm really hoping for someone to beat the living s*** out of him tho.Detroit takes enough s*** and i will laugh my ******* ass off when he gets the s*** kicked outta him around here.Remember when Jimmy Kimmel thrashed Detroit?He wasn't treated very well.I expect the same to happen to Burrows.

Talk s***, get hit... you'd a mid-class player surrounded by two good players. You're very beatable Alexandre Burrows.

Also, your #1 goalie has been s***ting the bed as of late. Hope we see them first round a ******* spank them...

This guy is a ******* joke.I don't want him to apologize becuase it wouldn't be truthful.I'm really hoping for someone to beat the living s*** out of him tho.Detroit takes enough s*** and i will laugh my ******* ass off when he gets the s*** kicked outta him around here.Remember when Jimmy Kimmel thrashed Detroit?He wasn't treated very well.I expect the same to happen to Burrows.

The difference there was the Network made him apologize to the city and it's people, he said he was glad that the Pistons didn't win the game because those people would burn that city down. Do you think Gary Buttman or the Vancouver Canucks will make him apologize, doubt it...