• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest mindfly

Alex Burrows doesn't like Detroit

Rate this topic

The difference there was the Network made him apologize to the city and it's people, he said he was glad that the Pistons didn't win the game because those people would burn that city down. Do you think Gary Buttman or the Vancouver Canucks will make him apologize, doubt it...

No they won't make him apologize.I don't want him to.If he does,it's gonna be a bulls*** lie.

Burrows:

1. Beats up 65 year old refs while in the minors

2. Punches 19 year old goaltenders in the face during pick-up games

3. Is from Quebec (I say this half-jokingly)

4. Has an overbite.

Who gives a flying f*** what he has to say?

Canuck fan here. I want to commend the posters in this thread for not lowering themselves as to dis our city in retaliation. Alex Burrows is quite often an embarassment to Canuck fans and this is one of those times. We just wish he would STFU and do what he is good at. With his work ethic he should be an admired player in the NHL. Instead he acts like a little tool diving and whining all over the place. If he concentrated on just the game he would be better for it as a player and a person. I won't bother apologizing for him but I will tell you that any Canuck fan that says they are happy with getting the Wings in the 1st round are lying or heavily medicated. I'ld much rather meet you in the final or better yet not at all. If Luongo doesn't get his s*** together I think we're done in 5 or 6. If he miraculously finds his game, I like our chances. So here's to a great series and better yet here's to you guys getting 5th.

I think the city of Detroit dislikes having him there more than he dislikes being there. I've hated this guy since the Dallas vs. Vancouver series a couple of years ago. Anyone remember that series? It was a pretty amazing battle between Turco and Luongo. What I remember most about that series, however, was Burrows throwing cheapshot after cheapshot and every time Ott would try to get in his face, Burrows would run to the bench and hide behind Jeff Cowan. Where's Probert when you need him?

Pretty skimpy article. Taken out of context maybe? I would think so. He could be referring to the fact that playing the Wings will involve more travel than pretty-well any other team in the west.

It's like Kesler's often quoted "I hate Canada" comment. He wasn't referring to the country, he was referring to Team Canada and getting his game on. Still, every moron under the sun repeats it without explaining the context.

Jeez you guys. Get a grip. I honestly cannot see Burrows even implying that he hates any city.

Edited by Chairman Maouth

Pretty skimpy article. Taken out of context maybe? I would think so. He could be referring to the fact that playing the Wings will involve more travel than pretty-well any other team in the west.

It's like Kesler's often quoted "I hate Canada" comment. He wasn't referring to the country, he was referring to Team Canada and getting his game on. Still, every moron under the sun repeats it without explaining the context.

Jeez you guys. Get a grip. I honestly cannot see Burrows even implying that he hates any city.

You don't read much about Burrows do you? Good player, but he says stuff like this all the time.

lol why would Downey get angry over that? And what kind of homo rips on another guy for his weight? That's a chick insult.

maybe downey is a *** basher and he doesn't like fags checking him out??

Canuck fan here. I want to commend the posters in this thread for not lowering themselves as to dis our city in retaliation. Alex Burrows is quite often an embarassment to Canuck fans and this is one of those times. We just wish he would STFU and do what he is good at. With his work ethic he should be an admired player in the NHL. Instead he acts like a little tool diving and whining all over the place. If he concentrated on just the game he would be better for it as a player and a person. I won't bother apologizing for him but I will tell you that any Canuck fan that says they are happy with getting the Wings in the 1st round are lying or heavily medicated. I'ld much rather meet you in the final or better yet not at all. If Luongo doesn't get his s*** together I think we're done in 5 or 6. If he miraculously finds his game, I like our chances. So here's to a great series and better yet here's to you guys getting 5th.

well it's not like Detroit fans can really talk s*** about Vancouver, I mean come on now the only olympics we'd have is the ghetto ones; gold would be getting a book of food stamps.

You don't read much about Burrows do you? Good player, but he says stuff like this all the time.

Okay. Let's see the off-ice press quotes where he disses other cities, or even other players. You know of them. You find them. If he indeed does this "all the time", you should be able to come back with quite a few of a different variety.

I'll plant some drugs on him and make sure they put him the cell with my friend Big Bubba.

He seems like the type that needs some forced man love.

How did Bubba become your "friend" there puffy?

Edited by Chairman Maouth

Guest scottj

Fedde Le Grande likes detroit :(

f*** you Alexander Burrows. I hope when you come here next time, somebody gives you a reason to hate this city

So I found this looking up so stuff on Burrows.

Just a little to add the the fire of hate towards Burrows although this was sort of funny. This was a few years ago.

"I was complimenting him on his potato farm saying he must like the french fries the best because he's looking a little chubby."

- Alex Burrows, on what made Detroit's Aaron Downey (above) mad enough to spear the Canucks' pest during Saturday's pre-game warmup

Am I the only one who think that is pretty funny?