• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest mindfly

Alex Burrows doesn't like Detroit

Rate this topic

What's so bad with Detroit? Have I watched too many documentary's of detroit from the 60's? and not realised that maybe the movie 8-mile with eminem is more closer to the truth?

Let's play a game. Are we in the suburbs or are we in Detroit?

post-7632-1270942140995_thumb.jpg

I was chatting with a truck driver and he told me this joke:

Q: What's the difference between Detroit and New York City?

A: In Detroit, you can actually understand them when they say "Give me all your money!"

So he doesn't like Detroit. I don't blame him. I'd hate any city where I was going to get my butt kicked on a business trip.

Doesn't look too shabby IMO

Yeah, except 90% of the real estate within the lines of Detroit City looks more like a sewer. It is what it is.

Burrows is brainless. Any team can be beat on any night, lol. They may want to reserve talking too much until they actually win something.

Any of you actually live in Detroit, in the city not the suburbs...I do and I don't like it. Once I get enough money I am out of this s***ty city. Love the Wings hate the city

I live on 6 Mile and Livernois. There are bad parts, but there are also parts that are pretty nice. If the people were to care more about the city, it could be totally different. My schools architecture program does a lot of Urban/Community site work, and most of the professors that are licensed architects also do a lot for the city. Downtown Detroit (near the Ren Cen, Joe, Riverfront) is really nice. I've walked around there plenty of times in the day and at night and haven't ever felt threatened.

!! Kesler would have to be one of my top 5 non wings players. Burrows is a ****** bag though thats for sure.

And with me, living in Vancouver it doesn't help. I hear about those 2 on a daily basis. :(

I live on 6 Mile and Livernois. There are bad parts, but there are also parts that are pretty nice. If the people were to care more about the city, it could be totally different. My schools architecture program does a lot of Urban/Community site work, and most of the professors that are licensed architects also do a lot for the city. Downtown Detroit (near the Ren Cen, Joe, Riverfront) is really nice. I've walked around there plenty of times in the day and at night and haven't ever felt threatened.

What school?

Here's an example of how an innocent comment can be made to look slimy, and why it's never smart to judge a single quote that for all anyone knows, was taken out of context.

With the exception of the offending Burrows quote, that's totally made-up by me, but it could easily be a set of true quotes that no one in the world would have a problem with. Context; it's not in the Detroit News "article", and should therefore be suspect..

Holy cow, making up quotes is not a good way to fight the the mere idea that a quote could be taken out of context.

'spending time in that city.' Sounds pretty damning to me, if he wanted to say something about the travel, he would say something about the travel. He's known for running his mouth, it's far more possible that he was doing just that, and took it too far.

His last goal scored: March 30, 2010.

Lol, and you felt the need to drag this thread out of the back lot just to say that?

No worries as far as I'm concerned. He's had his chances, just hasn't capitalized. He will.

Besides....

Mikael Samuelsson - 7 goals in last 5 games.

That's gotta sting a little.