• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#41 Tommy_Like_Wingy

Tommy_Like_Wingy

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:20 PM

So I found this looking up so stuff on Burrows.

Just a little to add the the fire of hate towards Burrows although this was sort of funny. This was a few years ago.

"I was complimenting him on his potato farm saying he must like the french fries the best because he's looking a little chubby."

- Alex Burrows, on what made Detroit's Aaron Downey (above) mad enough to spear the Canucks' pest during Saturday's pre-game warmup

lol why would Downey get angry over that? And what kind of homo rips on another guy for his weight? That's a chick insult.

#42 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:21 PM

So I found this looking up so stuff on Burrows.

Just a little to add the the fire of hate towards Burrows although this was sort of funny. This was a few years ago.

"I was complimenting him on his potato farm saying he must like the french fries the best because he's looking a little chubby."

- Alex Burrows, on what made Detroit's Aaron Downey (above) mad enough to spear the Canucks' pest during Saturday's pre-game warmup

Haha, that's actually funny, but sounds like something a chick would say to another.

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.

#43 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,533 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:26 PM

Haha, that's actually funny, but sounds like something a chick would say to another.

NHL-instigator=no bulls*** like Burrows said to Downey :thumbup:
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#44 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,247 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:44 PM

I don't mind him saying stuff like Wings are Beatable even saying things bad about Wings and Wings players isnt so bad. But why do people (especially people in the public eye) continue to bash a city and region that is struggling and suffering right now? The people of Detroit and it's surrounding area did nothing to Alex Burrows or the Vancouver Canucks. If he wants to say Nick Lidstrom wears dirty underwear, that's fine, but God Damn it leave Southeast Michigan ALONE! Detroit helped build America, Michigan helped build America, in a lot of ways, Michigan is still a huge contributor to the succcess of not only America, but all of North America. And that is because of its hard working people. Despite the fact that our Government and CEO's continue to screw us over, we only get stronger. Alex Burrows needs to apologize to the people of Detroit. He also needs to realize that if not for cities like Detroit, there wouldn't be cities like Vancouver. These kind of people disgust me. Hey Alex, there must be something good about our community, most players that come here and live here, never want to leave. Oh BTW, how many players in the NHL have either grown up here or gone to school here or just live here in the off-season. There is something special about Michigan, Southeast Michigan, Detroit and Hockeytown. It's unfortunate people cannot look past the cover and open the book to page 1 and see what kind of people we are. Not just as Hockey fans, but as people & communities. We live, we breathe and yes Alex, we bleed just like people in Vancouver, Los Angeles, Tallahassee & Edmonton.

Laugh it up, delete it all, I'll be laughing when it happens! -4/17/14

#45 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,533 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:54 PM

I don't mind him saying stuff like Wings are Beatable even saying things bad about Wings and Wings players isnt so bad. But why do people (especially people in the public eye) continue to bash a city and region that is struggling and suffering right now? The people of Detroit and it's surrounding area did nothing to Alex Burrows or the Vancouver Canucks. If he wants to say Nick Lidstrom wears dirty underwear, that's fine, but God Damn it leave Southeast Michigan ALONE! Detroit helped build America, Michigan helped build America, in a lot of ways, Michigan is still a huge contributor to the succcess of not only America, but all of North America. And that is because of its hard working people. Despite the fact that our Government and CEO's continue to screw us over, we only get stronger. Alex Burrows needs to apologize to the people of Detroit. He also needs to realize that if not for cities like Detroit, there wouldn't be cities like Vancouver. These kind of people disgust me. Hey Alex, there must be something good about our community, most players that come here and live here, never want to leave. Oh BTW, how many players in the NHL have either grown up here or gone to school here or just live here in the off-season. There is something special about Michigan, Southeast Michigan, Detroit and Hockeytown. It's unfortunate people cannot look past the cover and open the book to page 1 and see what kind of people we are. Not just as Hockey fans, but as people & communities. We live, we breathe and yes Alex, we bleed just like people in Vancouver, Los Angeles, Tallahassee & Edmonton.

This guy is af****** joke.I don't want him to apologize becuase it wouldn't be truthful.I'm really hoping for someone to beat the living s*** out of him tho.Detroit takes enough s*** and i will laugh myf****** ass off when he gets the s*** kicked outta him around here.Remember when Jimmy Kimmel thrashed Detroit?He wasn't treated very well.I expect the same to happen to Burrows.

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#46 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,211 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:56 PM

Famous last words.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#47 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 05:00 PM

Talk s***, get hit... you'd a mid-class player surrounded by two good players. You're very beatable Alexandre Burrows.

Also, your #1 goalie has been s***ting the bed as of late. Hope we see them first round af****** spank them...

#48 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 05:00 PM

man i'm so mad about this who does he think he is

Posted Image

#49 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,533 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 05:06 PM

Talk s***, get hit... you'd a mid-class player surrounded by two good players. You're very beatable Alexandre Burrows.

Also, your #1 goalie has been s***ting the bed as of late. Hope we see them first round af****** spank them...

Exactly.He can start talking s*** once he stops hiding behind his visor.

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#50 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,247 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 05:11 PM

This guy is af****** joke.I don't want him to apologize becuase it wouldn't be truthful.I'm really hoping for someone to beat the living s*** out of him tho.Detroit takes enough s*** and i will laugh myf****** ass off when he gets the s*** kicked outta him around here.Remember when Jimmy Kimmel thrashed Detroit?He wasn't treated very well.I expect the same to happen to Burrows.

The difference there was the Network made him apologize to the city and it's people, he said he was glad that the Pistons didn't win the game because those people would burn that city down. Do you think Gary Buttman or the Vancouver Canucks will make him apologize, doubt it...

Laugh it up, delete it all, I'll be laughing when it happens! -4/17/14

#51 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,533 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 05:17 PM

The difference there was the Network made him apologize to the city and it's people, he said he was glad that the Pistons didn't win the game because those people would burn that city down. Do you think Gary Buttman or the Vancouver Canucks will make him apologize, doubt it...

No they won't make him apologize.I don't want him to.If he does,it's gonna be a bulls*** lie.

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#52 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,980 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 05:23 PM

Hey Alex, Stephane Auger can hear you.

Oh, funny how Burrows mentioned the Canucks ONLY win against the Red Wings in four tries.

Edited by GoWings1905, 09 April 2010 - 05:24 PM.

#53 Wings_Dynasty

Wings_Dynasty

The Greatest Ever

• HoF Booster
  • 3,773 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 05:25 PM

Count the rings *****.

"I think a tough team, a team that sticks together, is a lot better than leaving the onus on one guy to take care of business." - Brendan Shanahan

It still would be nice to have that one guy. (Jordin Tootoo, wish granted)

#54 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,332 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 05:27 PM

Hey Alex, Stephane Auger can hear you.

Oh, funny how Burrows mentioned the Canucks ONLY win against the Red Wings in four tries.

That part was LOL-tastic.

Posted Image

#55 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,533 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 05:29 PM

That part was LOL-tastic.

BRING ON THE 'NUCKS!!

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#56 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 05:42 PM

Burrows:

1. Beats up 65 year old refs while in the minors
2. Punches 19 year old goaltenders in the face during pick-up games
3. Is from Quebec (I say this half-jokingly)
4. Has an overbite.

Who gives a flying f*** what he has to say?
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#57 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,533 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 05:58 PM

Burrows:

1. Beats up 65 year old refs while in the minors
2. Punches 19 year old goaltenders in the face during pick-up games
3. Is from Quebec (I say this half-jokingly)
4. Has an overbite.

Who gives a flying f*** what he has to say?

*5.Wears a visor

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#58 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,160 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 06:09 PM

lmao. Motivation for a second concussion.. Lilja needs boxing lessons badly.

Lilja would murder Burrows.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#59 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 06:14 PM

Burrows is just agitating. Seems pretty good at it too.

#60 Greasewheel

Greasewheel

Draftee

• 1 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 06:34 PM

Canuck fan here. I want to commend the posters in this thread for not lowering themselves as to dis our city in retaliation. Alex Burrows is quite often an embarassment to Canuck fans and this is one of those times. We just wish he would STFU and do what he is good at. With his work ethic he should be an admired player in the NHL. Instead he acts like a little tool diving and whining all over the place. If he concentrated on just the game he would be better for it as a player and a person. I won't bother apologizing for him but I will tell you that any Canuck fan that says they are happy with getting the Wings in the 1st round are lying or heavily medicated. I'ld much rather meet you in the final or better yet not at all. If Luongo doesn't get his s*** together I think we're done in 5 or 6. If he miraculously finds his game, I like our chances. So here's to a great series and better yet here's to you guys getting 5th.