• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Blueliner

100 points!

Rate this topic

I don't know if it's record to have 100+ points for 10 years in a row but I sure am proud! Way to go Wings!!! If you had to put a roster together from our last 10 years, who would you put on it? Who would you not? This could get pretty controversial.

Edited by Marty Barry

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5

Woot, another year closer to breaking the NHL record (18 - Boston Bruins).

No, this is a record. 9 was a record last year.

Maybe he's alluding to the Bruins' record of consecutive playoff appearances?

Though, the number is wrong. The Bruins hold the current record at 29 straight years. This year marks 19 for Detroit

No, this is a record. 9 was a record last year.

9 is the consecutive 100 point seasons record.

18 is the total 100 point seasons record.

Edited by CanadaBoy

I would like to point out that despite the Wing's difficult season, they'd currently be second in points if they were in the East, behind only Washington.

I noticed this too. Remember early in the season when no one could beat the Pens? And we were struggling? My how we've come a long way!

Guest Crymson

how many points did this team have at the Olympic break?? they must have made up some serious ground on the playoff leaders

74, I believe. Maybe 72.

Considering what we've been through this season, we should look back on this accomplishment as one of the best. To think that when we were back in December we were despairing of even making the playoffs, and to come to this point says a lot about our guys. Their courage, determination and work ethic is nothing short of a wonder. We tend to take our good fortunes for granted. I think this season has proven that a) We shouldn't, and b) We've accumulated the best damned bunch of hockey players we could ever ask for.

I agree with everything that's been said (how could you not?).

It's amazing to reach 100 points when we weren't sure of anything a few months ago. It's even more amazing when you look back at seasons past and see that we're only about 6 wins away from the same point totals we've had in much less trying years.

This team and franchise is in a class of its own.

Lose nearly 100 goals in the off-season, have nine injured regulars out at one point, played more games than any other team the past three seasons, and compete in by far the superior conference... Yet, another 100-point season and a chance to make some noise again in the playoffs.

Yeah, we got it real tough.

I hate to be Negative Nancy, but as nice as 100 pt seasons are, the true measure of this franchise now is not anything in the regular season. As Wings fans, are expectations should be much higher, as in Stanley Cup or bust. The teams we have had for the last 15-20 years were Stanley Cup contenders. So, yes, I will break out the golf clap applauding 100 pts, but I want to celebrate in June!

Guest Crymson

I hate to be Negative Nancy, but as nice as 100 pt seasons are, the true measure of this franchise now is not anything in the regular season. As Wings fans, are expectations should be much higher, as in Stanley Cup or bust. The teams we have had for the last 15-20 years were Stanley Cup contenders. So, yes, I will break out the golf clap applauding 100 pts, but I want to celebrate in June!

Essentially what you're saying is that we should all be so spoiled by the team's success that we shouldn't be happy or appreciative about their regular season performance. And you do indeed sound utterly spoiled, given the challenges that this team has had to overcome so far this season.

That you are so spoiled and unappreciative of this team is sad. That you think the rest of us should mimic your behavior is beyond ludicrous.

Edited by Crymson

Essentially what you're saying is that we should all be so spoiled by the team's success that we shouldn't be happy or appreciative about their regular season performance. And you do indeed sound utterly spoiled, given the challenges that this team has had to overcome so far this season.

That you are so spoiled and unappreciative of this team is sad. That you think the rest of us should mimic your behavior is beyond ludicrous.

He's recognizing that it was a solid regular season and giving it proper kudos. The most important season though is just a few days away. He's not saying anything all that out of the ordinary.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan