• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Icesurfer

Blackhawks officially eliminated as first round opponent

Rate this topic

Guest CaliWingsNut

Why do people keep forgetting about the Kings?

The who? Is that where Gretzky used to play?

The who? Is that where Gretzky used to play?

:thumbup:

The Kings need a new logo or color scheme or something. They're a good team this year, but for some reason, seem to be forgotten easily. Those colors just don't stand out in my mind...lol.

Obviously, I'd rather see the Wings play the Coyotes in round 1.

Why do you guys think the Caps would win?

Because the Caps (like the Pens of the last few years) have been steadily improving over the years and now are solid in every category, with an amazing offense. They won the President's cup.

Pittsburgh, on the other hand, has to fight the Stanley Cup hangover, has less points than Detroit despite Detroit's struggles, and they generally collapse when things don't go their way. It'd be a close series but barring any bizarre refereeing I don't see a way the Caps could lose to the Pens this year.

Pittsburgh can finish no higher than FOURTH seed. If the Wings win tomorrow they would have HOME ICE advantage in a Stanley Cup rematch as the Wings would finish with more points.

Edited by Icesurfer

Updated Possible Seeding of 5th - 7th

The Wings can get 5th place if:

-Detroit wins last game and LA wins last game

-Detroit wins last game and LA gets one point from last game

-Detroit wins last game and LA loses last game

-Detroit gets one point from last game and LA gets one point from last game

-Detroit gets one point from last game and LA loses last game

The Wings can get 6th place if:

-Detroit gets one point from last game and LA wins last game

-Detroit loses last game and LA loses last game

The Wings can get 7th place if:

-Detroit loses last game and LA wins last game

-Detroit loses last game and LA gets one point from last game

Correct me if I'm wrong. Looks like we stand a better chance of playing the Yotes.

Updated Possible Seeding of 5th - 7th

The Wings can get 5th place if:

-Detroit wins last game

-Detroit gets one point from last game and LA loses in regulation or overtime

The Wings can get 6th place if:

-Detroit gets one point from last game and LA wins last game

-Detroit loses last game and LA loses last game

The Wings can get 7th place if:

-Detroit loses last game and LA wins last game

-Detroit loses last game and LA gets one point from last game

Correct me if I'm wrong. Looks like we stand a better chance of playing the Yotes.

A bit cleaner ;)

Guest mjtm77

Because the Caps (like the Pens of the last few years) have been steadily improving over the years and now are solid in every category, with an amazing offense. They won the President's cup.

Pittsburgh, on the other hand, has to fight the Stanley Cup hangover, has less points than Detroit despite Detroit's struggles, and they generally collapse when things don't go their way. It'd be a close series but barring any bizarre refereeing I don't see a way the Caps could lose to the Pens this year.

The Pens have had injuries to

But you get to see every game ;) are you a true fan or not? haha :hehe:

I chose not to pay for it since I have a problem paying a league that needs fans and exposure. Why should I not get to choose which team I want to see play? - I already pay near $100 per month for Directv - don't feel like adding another $175 or whatever it is.

In the good old "early" days of satellite you just beamed your dish (the whole huge thing in your backyard) towards Detroit and watched whatever you wanted. Then some FCC bureaucrats thought we viewers were having too much fun/freedom. <_<

Anyhow I just stream for free if the Wings are not on tv. I cannot watch many of the games anyways since they start at 5pm my time - yet another reason to not purchase CI.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1. Sharks vs Nucks

2. Sharks vs Hawks

3 Hawks vs Nucks

4. Yotes vs Kings

5. Yotes vs preds

6. Caps vs Pens

Why do you guys think the Caps would win?

Because they're a superior team in every single facet of the game. (which is funny considering the lulzy defense the Caps have)

Don't forget that their reigning mvp has been injured on and off all year. The Pens are screwed without Malkin in the postseason. Shutting Crosby down is pretty damn easy without having to split your defensive assignments between him and Malkin.

Because they're a superior team in every single facet of the game. (which is funny considering the lulzy defense the Caps have)

The Caps back end is better than Orpik, Letang, Eaton, Gonchar, Leopold and Goligoski?

The Pens definitely have another gear for the playoffs though. A lot of their personnel have been pacing themselves for this time of year. I'm thinking that they know exactly the kind of team defense that can beat the Caps.

The Caps back end is better than Orpik, Letang, Eaton, Gonchar, Leopold and Goligoski?

The Pens definitely have another gear for the playoffs though. A lot of their personnel have been pacing themselves for this time of year. I'm thinking that they know exactly the kind of team defense that can beat the Caps.

On paper? No. In practice? The Caps have allowed 3 fewer goals, so yes. Add to that the fact that Green is an offensive monster (and a hilarious defensive liability).