• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Textbook

Zetterberg Playoff Suite Contest MISCOUNT!

Rate this topic

If you head over to DetroitRedWings.com or just watch the video below, you will see that the Detroit Red Wings have really screwed up on a contest they were doing. During Sunday's game against the Philadelphia Flyers that was broadcast on NBC, you were supposed to count the number of times Doc Emerick, Ed Olczyk, and Pierre Mcguire said the name "Zetterberg." You could then enter your count on a form and if you were correct, you would qualify for a chance to win a luxury suite at Game 3 (first home game) of the Western Conference Quarterfinals. Well they MISCOUNTED! I have the proof too. They say "Zetterberg" 21 times in the third period, so that's what I entered multiple times with, then award a woman (Wendy) and you can hear Zetterberg say "You counted 20 times, you're the winner".

This upsets me. I watched the game and listened intently for every time they called Zetterberg , and I counted 21 times. But just for good measure, I also had it recorded on the DVR so I went back and watched the third period again, pausing after every one and writing down what was said and how much time was left. Again, I reached 21, so that's what I submitted ... multiple times. I spent a lot of time and a lot of work making sure I had counted correctly. Sadly, the Detroit Red Wings did not do the same. Because of their mistake, I didn't even stand a chance of winning. Does this seem right to anybody else? I believe I'm at the least entitled to a re-drawing out of all the "21" entries for an equal value prize , maybe a game 4 suite? It doesn't seem fair that I shouldn't have a chance to win because somebody else miscounted.

I've posted this link on their official Facebook as a comment, but I doubt anything will happen. I wish they would make it right somehow.

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

I'll give you props for finding that, but unforunately, I doubt the Red Wings organization will do anything about it. If they do though and say you get a suite at the Joe for you and 20 of your closest friends, don't forget the LGW community! :D

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

That sucks. I would make a big deal about it, b/c that is not very fair.

However, maybe the mistake is in what Zetterberg says? Maybe he was supposed to say 21 times, but said 20 instead? And they actually chose from the 21 pool?

This probably the most likely scenario

That sucks. I would make a big deal about it, b/c that is not very fair.

However, maybe the mistake is in what Zetterberg says? Maybe he was supposed to say 21 times, but said 20 instead? And they actually chose from the 21 pool?

Since the winner lives just down the road, I hoped it wouldn't be too creepy to call and ask. I talked to her husband, who actually entered the contest , he said he put 20 times.

http://www.mediafire.com/?lacjj3vnlrt

041010_02.wav

im willing to bet z messed up and was supposed to say 21. But if he didnt and there was a miscount then i would be calling and emailing the wings like crazy asking for a re-count.

I called the winner, and he verified that he entered 20. So there was a miscount. I have emailed them and tried calling, but so far have received no answer from either.

that is strange that you contacted the winner.Plus like he will help. I wouldn't give up the prize for something I didn't screw up on.

I didn't call with the intention of asking for help or did I even notify him that they were wrong. I just wanted to see if they did indeed submit that it was called 20 times as Zetterberg said, and not 21. That's all. I just congratulated them on winning, and said "enjoy the game."

In no way am I suggesting that the Detroit Red Wings should take back the prize they've already awarded the Hickmotts. That would be a terrible move on their part. At the same time, I do think they need to do something for the people who did actually qualify for the contest by submitting an entry with the # of times being 21. I don't think it is fair for myself and others who took the time to take part, watch, and re-watch, and pay attention to not even have a chance of winning anything because of somebody else's mistake. Maybe they should do a re-drawing out of the "21" entries for another prize. I don't think that is too much to ask, considering the Detroit Red Wings are the ones who screwed up, not us.

Edited by Textbook

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

I can't believe you called their house and then recorded the conversation. Dude, that is awesome. You deserve justice. However, you just have to make sure you talk the right people with the Wings. Make sure you don't get some assistant who doesn't know anything. They can just dismiss you and that's it. If I were you, I would try to go as high up as possible...that or maybe get in contact with Ken Daniels and have him mention it on air haha

Edited by DatsyukianDeke13