• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
high_stick69

Future stud for the Wings D?

Rate this topic

Kindl and Quincey have nothing in common. I've seen them both regularly in their first three years of their career.

Quincey - big, physical with a heck of a hard shot and a good hitter. More of a stay at home D-man. Not a fighter, but will drop his gloves in a second if it means protecting his teammates.

Kindl - faster, better skater than Quincey. More offensive upside, but far less defensively. Not a fighter nor a hitter. Not a stay-at-home D-Man...often caught behind the play in break away situations. Needs a D partner that can cover both spots. Has always finished the season with a negative +/- (-34 his first year; -14 last year; -4 this year to date).

Question: Does anyone remember who Kindl was generally paired up with 3 seasons ago when he almost made the Wings' roster?

I think when he said like Quincy he meant that he was god up with Detroit for a stint then went to GR and didn't play so hot, then when he came up to the NHL for good he was really good. I don't think he's comparing styles because Lashoff is a lot like Quincy I would say, not Kindl.