• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeymom1960

Evander Kane vs Matt Cooke

Rate this topic

I'm sure Marc Savard will consider inviting the guy out to dinner the next time Boston plays Atlanta. I would.

Way to go, kid. I haven't seen a good shot like that since Jiri Fischer took out Scott Hartnell with one punch.

And apparently this all happened because (per TSN)...

Sidney Crosby didn't like getting checked by Thrashers rookie Evander Kane.

So it seemed the Pittsburgh Penguins spent most of their energy antagonizing Kane instead of focusing on the Eastern Conference standings.

Wah.

Atlanta coach John Anderson's take on the situation:

Atlanta coach John Anderson was disappointed that the Penguins played with a hard edge that could have injured Kane. "If they take exception to who gets hit out there, does that mean you are supposed to start a fight?" Anderson said. "I don't get it. Crosby is so great for this game, but when you're always around the puck, you're going to get hit a little bit. Every time he gets body checked, does that mean somebody is going to get attacked?"

"Cooke came at an 18-year-old. What goes around, comes around. That's all I can tell you."

Good on Atlanta to show the entire set of Eastern Conference playoff teams how to get the Penguins off their game - simply body check Crosby. They'll come absolutely unhinged and forget that they're playing hockey.

Edited by edicius

And apparently this all happened because (per TSN)...

Wah.

Atlanta coach John Anderson's take on the situation:

Good on Atlanta to show the entire set of Eastern Conference playoff teams how to get the Penguins off their game - simply body check Crosby. They'll come absolutely unhinged and forget that they're playing hockey.

*In before Carman tells you that you are just hating on Crosby's pure, raw, unadulterated, 100% hetereosexual talent. :D

God, I miss Jiri.

Now I'm not trying to start an argument or anything but I would like to see what posters on here who are praising Kane for this were saying in the "should fighting be banned" threads. This is a fight just like the ones where a guy got KO'ed and posters were saying fighting should be banned.

I wonder if those same people are in here praising Kane now hmmm..