• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MacK_Attack

Henrik Sedin laying it down for Ovechkin

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

Daniel Sedin scored a beautiful between-the-legs goal against Kipper tonight.

Any points earned in this game should be erased. Calgary isn't even trying. Just end the game, this is unfair to Ovechkin, who deserves both titles because hes played 7 less games.

Edited by TheOwl

Any points earned in this game should be erased. Calgary isn't even trying. Just end the game, this is unfair to Ovechkin, who deserves both titles because hes played 7 less games.

Yeah, he should get pity because of his suspensions.

Henrik with four points (so far) tonight puts him at 112 points, three up on Ovechkin. Caps play Boston tomorrow.

I just watched that game. It was epic. I still have to question the intelligencer of not resting the Sedins after they've played 25 mins just so Henrik can try and get a fifth point. Are individual awards more important than playoff success? What if one of the Sedin's got hurt? It was completely asinine to leave them out there after the Canucks were up 6-2 with 15mins left. Henrik already had 4pts at that point-- just rest your stars and look ahead. :rolleyes:

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

yeah...i think calgary just gave up tonight...no effort whatsoever...well..what do they have to play for anyways...? just cant stand it when a team doesnt give it their all..i mean come on..its the last game..go out with some fire!

all feelings aside kudos to h sedin. fantastic year and really..putting a lot of pressure on ovie. all in all i feel for whoever wins it. both players did outstandingly well this year. :clap:

Steven Stamkos became the 2nd youngest player ever to score 50 goals tonight. Only Gretzky did it at a younger age.

3rd youngest according to the nhl.com article.

For one of his suspensions, yes. The other from the Campbell hit, no.

Regardless, he's got a superior point per game rating which means he's a more significant point scorer.

Even with all the games he's missed his numbers are still sick. Henrik will get all the accolades but Daniel is just as good.

Agreed, Daniel is the shooter I'm sure he'd be right up there with Stamkos/Ovie/Crosby.

Agreed, Daniel is the shooter I'm sure he'd be right up there with Stamkos/Ovie/Crosby.

Those two really scare me. The Canucks offense is pretty scary.

I'm just glad Luongo's struggled so much since the Olympics... he's pretty much our only chance of killing them.

Those two really scare me. The Canucks offense is pretty scary.

I'm just glad Luongo's struggled so much since the Olympics... he's pretty much our only chance of killing them.

Luckily the Sedin's don't have a third brother to play goalie. :thumbup:

Although I have a feeling Luongo is actually going to show up in the playoffs eventually :(

If I were a Redwings fan I'd have a lot of confidence going up against Vancouver. Wings have the mystique, the experience and proven playoff performers. Sure they have a no-name Goalie, but Luongo has STUNK (believe me I've been watching) since before the Olympics.

He's head phucked right now, and if I've learned anything being a Canuck fan for 20 years, if something can go wrong it will.

Zetterberg and Datsyuk will own the Canuck defense. It might be a shootout series and the Canucks COULD win it, but if I were betting I'd put my money on Lidstrom any day.

Just my opinion, not trying to put down my team. I just have a lot of respect for the Wings (and I think players do to). Warranted (this season) or not, they have a a reputation for getting it done and that can affect anyone's psychological approach to playing them.

I hope the Bruins swarm Ovie with 3 players every shift.. and start RASK!! They need to keep Ovie to less than 3 points and no goals.

Stamkos and Sedin FTW!

Also to the guy saying these points shouldn't count because Calgary wasn't trying, have you seen Washington's division this year?? They have been facing 4 teams that haven't been trying all year.