• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MacK_Attack

Henrik Sedin laying it down for Ovechkin

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

Who wins the rocket richard trophy if both stamkos and ovechkin ends up at 50?

Who wins the rocket richard trophy if both stamkos and ovechkin ends up at 50?

I think when it comes to the Rocket Richard they just do a tie if players end up on the same total, it's not like the Art Ross where the player with the least games played wins it.

Steven Stamkos became the 2nd youngest player ever to score 50 goals tonight. Only Gretzky did it at a younger age.

Third youngest from what I read, Jimmy Carson did it at a younger age too.

And Calgary is just awful. Wow.

And Calgary is just awful. Wow.

Its funny how things change, I think it was in 08, Calgary lit up the Canucks in their last game. The Flames were headed to the post season and the Canucks were outside looking in. I remember luongo caused a fuss when he basically said he didn't give a s*** after the game :lol:

Even with all the games he's missed his numbers are still sick. Henrik will get all the accolades but Daniel is just as good.

Daniel would have 110 points now if he had played 82 games like Henrik has. I also think he'd have more goals than Henrik.

TOI

Henrik Sedin 19:41

Alex Ovechkin 21:44

Sidney Crosby 21:56

That's a good point. However, TOI for the season as of right now:

Sedin: 1614:24

Ovechkin: 1543:30

Crosby: 1755:41

Edit: The Caps are through the second period of their final game and still no points for Ovechkin. He has 4 shots. Things are looking good for Sedin.

Edited by Zetts

Could it be the goal of the season. What do you think ? Was it better than Stamkos´goal against the Ducks ?

They were both absolutely disgusting. I'm going to give the edge to Stamkos though. While the between the legs thing is nice, we've seen it before. The issue there was more that Calgary's D was pathetic and gave him WAY too much time and space. In Stamkos's situation he was played properly and still scored.

I think the Sedin goal last night is the goal of the year.. I'm usually not that impressed by the between-the-legs move, but that was slick as hell because it was actually the right thing to do because of Kipper poke-checking, instead of just someting he did to be flashy, and the UNBELIEVABLE no-look pass by Henrik puts it over the top.

Stamkos goal was fantastic too, but on a pure "beauty" level the Sedin goal wins.

Ovechkin deserves both titles. 10 less games played. This will be a travesty if he doesn't win.

Geeeez. You don't think he has himself to blame for getting suspended or making knee-on-knee hits that ended up hurting himself?

The way Ovie plays leads to him getting a ton of points. It also leads, and will continue to lead, to him getting injured or suspended. Better get used to saying "ovie would have won it if he hadn't missed X games" because that is what his career will look like.

The Art Ross is about total points. Not best points-per-game or most points by a player who missed a minimum of 10 games.

Henrik Sedin hasn't missed a game in 4 seasons. That is impressive.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

The Art Ross is Henrik's. No way Ovie can catch him at this point.

I think when it comes to the Rocket Richard they just do a tie if players end up on the same total, it's not like the Art Ross where the player with the least games played wins it.

I was under the impression the Art Ross goes to goals as a tiebreaker?

They were both absolutely disgusting. I'm going to give the edge to Stamkos though. While the between the legs thing is nice, we've seen it before. The issue there was more that Calgary's D was pathetic and gave him WAY too much time and space. In Stamkos's situation he was played properly and still scored.

I disagree. There's so much more to Sedin's goal.

There was a sick set-up tip-pass from Henrik.

The between the legs thing was done as well as it's ever been done.

It was a hat-trick goal.

And it put the icing on the cake for the Art Ross trophy for Henrik.

You take all those things into consideration and it's as epic a goal as you will find in the regular season. It wasn't just one player scoring a goal. It was everything.

Edited by Chairman Maouth

Stamkos FTW.

I'm pretty tired of AO and CC. I admit they're both great players, but come on already.

And go Sedin even if you are damned creepy looking. LOL

I disagree. There's so much more to Sedin's goal.

There was a sick set-up tip-pass from Henrik.

The between the legs thing was done as well as it's ever been done.

It was a hat-trick goal.

And it put the icing on the cake for the Art Ross trophy for Henrik.

You take all those things into consideration and it's as epic a goal as you will find in the regular season. It wasn't just one player scoring a goal. It was everything.

Sure it was a good goal, but it wasn't everything. Who did he score it on? Toskela, the worst goalie in the league (stats wise), playing for a defeated Calgary team. Stop this stupid Sedin loving, last nights game was a joke. Toskela isn't an NHL caliber goalie.

Edited by TheOwl

Sure it was a good goal, but it wasn't everything. Who did he score it on? Toskela, the worst goalie in the league (stats wise), playing for a defeated Calgary team. Stop this stupid Sedin loving, last nights game was a joke. Toskela isn't an NHL caliber goalie.

Haters will hate I guess.