• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FunkedUp

Wings 4th line?

Rate this topic

Well this I have an answer for that I actually buy. It's a matter of minute distribution. Only Lidstrom, Kronwall and sometimes Zetterberg play in all situations this year. Stuart doesn't play on the PP because they need his minutes to be on the PK; just like Rafalski doesn't play on the PK because they need him on the PP. It's why Eaves can't play the PP point either. It's supposed to be Williams' job but he sucks at doing good things with the puck even when he has time with it.

Ah i see, that makes sense I guess.

As bad as Big-E has been this year, I wonder how he would go on the PP. He does seem to be more offensive minded. More so than Williams is apparently.

Yeah, that's a good point. Other than Williams, Eaves is our only right handed shot right now with Maltby not playing.

I wonder how many other teams only have 1 or 2 players who shoot right handed?

At this point I would rather have Rafalski play the whole 2 minute power play than have Williams out there. Yeah he'll get tired out. But honestly, doesn't that seem like such a good option right now?

...effectively lowering the value of professional hockey players in general due to his complete lack of effort or heart. Does that count?

...effectively pissing me right the f*ck off. Does that count?

...effectively making me s*** my pants on a bi-nightly basis. That one doesn't count, because its just not true.

Seriously. He's good at all those things and NONE of them are related to being a good professional hockey player. None.

soo....anyone missing samuelson? :ph34r:

Atleast he could score and setup from time to time. Much more than Williams.

And at least Sammy had some sex appeal.

Even the old chicks on that water cooler thread don't have anything nice to say about Williams.

And at least Sammy had some sex appeal.

Even the old chicks on that water cooler thread don't have anything nice to say about Williams.

Well, I mean, from their point of view Williams and Lebda probably look like those ****** hambones wanna be Abercrombie and Fitch morons.

To the best of my knowledge, Williams only uses professional hockey as a source of income to support his primary career, professional D-Bag.

Though I'll happily admit that I know absolutely nothing about Williams personal, non-hockey ventures, from what little tid-bits I've gathered, I can only assume that he meets at least half of the above criteria.

To the best of my knowledge, Williams only uses professional hockey as a source of income to support his primary career, professional D-Bag.

Though I'll happily admit that I know absolutely nothing about Williams personal, non-hockey ventures, from what little tid-bits I've gathered, I can only assume that he meets at least half of the above criteria.

Hah! I think Williams and Lebda directed that video.

You're definitely not.We should have another piece to that dream in the lineup on Friday.

If we don't I'm seriously going to question if Willy is blowing Babs behind the scenes or something. Ridiculous.

If we don't I'm seriously going to question if Willy is blowing Babs behind the scenes or something. Ridiculous.

My theory is that Williams has a whole series of compromising photos of Babcock, which he's threatening to release to the press.

Guest micah

I miss the original grind line with Kocur.

The same Kocur that beat up Shane Doan when Doan was running his teammates?

The Wings should ice the following forward lineup IMHO:

Franzen/Datsyuk/Holmstrom

Bertuzzi/Zetterberg/Cleary

Miller/Filppula/Abdelkader

Draper/Helm/Eaves

And that can morph into this for next year, assuming the likely situation that only one of Bertuzzi and Homer return:

Franzen/Datsyuk/Holmstrom (Bertuzzi)

Hudler/Zetterberg/Cleary

Draper/Helm/Eaves

How much of a raise should guys like Helm, Eaves, Miller and Abdelkader actually get?

Abdelkader has been in the minors for the past two years, which means he's only made a sliver of his 850K NHL contract. Shouldn't his new contract be around 700-800K?

Leino for example had a contract of 875K and had some real promise after his first year. He ended up with a one-way 800K contract. I'm thinking Abdelkader will go through a similar negotiation.

In regards to Helm, Eaves and Miller, they'll surely look for a raise from their 500K contracts. My thinking is that the number for those three shouldn't be all that different if not exactly the same for each player. So, what, 900K-1mil?

Edited by titanium2

Guest mindfly

I think there is some kind of rule the NHLPA made out so re-signed RFA's get a certain salary raise autimatically.

Edited by mindfly

The Wings should ice the following forward lineup IMHO:

Franzen/Datsyuk/Holmstrom

Bertuzzi/Zetterberg/Cleary

Draper/Helm/Eaves

And that can morph into this for next year, assuming the likely situation that only one of Bertuzzi and Homer return:

Franzen/Datsyuk/Holmstrom (Bertuzzi)

Hudler/Zetterberg/Cleary

Draper/Helm/Eaves

Outstanding idea. Lets get Filppula, playing the best hockey of his career, off the 2nd line where he has chemistry onto a line with two grinders. He played with Miller earlier this year and the results weren't pretty. Simply put, Miller's style doesn't mesh with Filppula.

Don't fix what aint broke.

Edited by Aussie_Wing