• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

4/11 GDT: Red Wings 3 at Blackhawks 2 (OT)

Rate this topic

Detroit_Red_Wings.jpgVersusChicago_Blackhawks.jpg

aerial.jpg

FSN_logo_color.jpg1699678.jpg

Tonight's Stream

See drumnj's profile

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/index.php?showuser=15741

340x.jpg

Preview: Red Wings at Blackhawks

nhl_logo.png

Tonight's Officials

riples187e.png

Detroit: 43-24-14, 100 PTS Recap

Last Game: Defeated CBJ 1-0 (SO)

Columbus: 52-22-7, 111 Pts

Last Game: Defeated COL 5-2 Recap

Last CBJ-DET Meeting: 3/7, DET 5 at CHI 4 Recap

riples187f.png

Goals

DET Pavel Datsyuk: 27

COL Patrick Kane: 30

Assists

DET Henrik Zetterberg: 46

CHI Patrick Kane: 57

Plus/Minus

DET Brian Rafalski: 22

CHI Jonathan Toews, Patrick Sharp, Marian Hossa: 24

----

DET Jonathan Ericsson: -16

CHI Dustin Byfuglien: -7

PIM

DET Todd Bertuzzi: 78

CHI Ben Eager: 120

riples187g.png

Franzen-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Filppula-Zetterberg-Bertuzzi

Cleary-Helm-Eaves

Draper-Miller-Williams

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Ericsson-Lilja

Lebda, Meech scratched

CHI.gifProjected CHI Lines

Sharp-Toews-Hossa

Byfuglien-Versteeg-Kane

Ladd-Bolland-Brouwer

Eager-Madden-Burish

Keith-Seabrook

Sopel-Hjalmarsson

Hendry-Boynton

riples187h.png

95909249.jpg.24123_feature.jpg?1265051906

DET Jimmy Howard

36-15-10, 2.27 GAA, .924 SV %, 3 SO

43333_cropped.jpg

CHI Antti Niemi

26-7-3, 2.23 GAA, .910 SV %, 7 SO

riples187i.png

DET Kirk Maltby (shoulder surgery) out

CHI Brian Campbell (clavicle, ribs) out, Kim Johnsson (concussion) questionable

Next Game

2009-nhl-playoffs.jpg

Edited by Hockeytown0001

Let's see...we leave town for a week, come back and the Wings have 100 points and are in 5th place. :satisfied: We couldn't watch any of the games, but from what I read here last night about the Philly game, their goons took advantage of the fact that our guys had to be playing tired from the day before.

If I'm reading the standings correctly, they mean that we'll probably be playing the Coyotes in the first round. Not thrilled about that so if I'm wrong, somebody please correct me!

Other than that, it's gonna be a great game and I'm thinking we'll beat them. They're under the pressure in this one, not us.

GO, WINGS!!! And congrats!!!!

If I'm reading the standings correctly, they mean that we'll probably be playing the Coyotes in the first round. Not thrilled about that so if I'm wrong, somebody please correct me!

Nope you're correct.

Personally I think its a good thing, Phoenix over Nucks any day!

Edited by crotty99

Let's see...we leave town for a week, come back and the Wings have 100 points and are in 5th place. :satisfied: We couldn't watch any of the games, but from what I read here last night about the Philly game, their goons took advantage of the fact that our guys had to be playing tired from the day before.

Other than that, it's gonna be a great game and I'm thinking we'll beat them. They're under the pressure in this one, not us.

GO, WINGS!!! And congrats!!!!

Here it is -

Red Wings control own destiny in race to finish fifth in Western Conference

By Ansar Khan

April 10, 2010, 10:39PM

DETROIT -- The Detroit Red Wings control their own destiny in the three-way race for fifth place in the Western Conference.

Detroit and Nashville are tied for fifth with 100 points each. Los Angeles is in seventh with 99 points. The Predators have no more games left but are assured of having the tie-breaker against the Red Wings and the Kings due to more wins.

If the Red Wings beat Chicago on Sunday, they will clinch fifth place and draw Phoenix in the first round of the playoffs, regardless of what happens in the L.A.-Colorado game.

If Detroit loses in overtime or a shootout and the Kings lose to Colorado in regulation or OT/shootout, Detroit still will finish fifth and play Phoenix.

If the Red Wings lose in overtime or a shootout and the Kings beat Colorado, Detroit will finish sixth and play Vancouver.

If the Red Wings and Kings both lose in regulation, Detroit will finish sixth and play Vancouver.

If the Wings lose in regulation, and the Kings gain at least one point against the Avalanche, Detroit will finish seventh and play San Jose.

The Blackhawks have something to play for Sunday. They need a win to clinch the No. 1 seed in the Western Conference. Chicago trails San Jose by two points but owns the tie-breaker by having more wins.

I don't understand why anybody is afraid of the 'Nucks. Weren't they the same team we beat on the way to the last 2 cups? Luongo has done NOTHING in the "real season". He is great in the regular season, but playoffs is another story. I think all of the top 4 teams will be watching because ANY of them can play the Wings depending on what today's result is of the important games.

None of the 4 teams want to play the hottest team the last 6 weeks. They have only lost 8 points since the break!

Did we get bumped off of NBC? Lame, I was looking forward to watching this in HD. Guess I'll be streaming it instead.

Edit: BTW, you have Columbus mentioned a couple times where it should be Chicago.

Edited by banzaiwolfe

Gotta love people here in PHX. Just like the team that literally doubles regular season single ticket prices for Wings games, playoff tix on CL state '$25 more if we play Wings.' And yet, gonna grab me some of those.

Plz win. I do not want to see NSH or LAK here.

Edited by TheWestWing

Funny the B's and Caps are now on NBC?

Yet that game has no playoff implications.

The only spot in question is the 8th.

The Wings and Kings games could affect 3-4 teams.

I understand the Caps are hot and AO is a star of the league, but to pull the Wings Hawks (not to mention the history here) for B's Caps.

Meh not super happy with that call.

Maybe my local game was always the B's and I never looked before today? I am in NH.

Guest mindfly

Do you think the wings rather wanna play phoenix? then they must win... how much do they wanna win this one you think? will they rest lidstrom?

Season Finales and Road Finales

Current Streaks

Season Finale: 1-game losing streak (shutout)

Road Finale: 4-game losing streak (1 shootout & 1 shutout).

Season Finale

This is the 83rd Season Finale. The Club’s record in the previous 82 games:

28W-48L-5T-1OTL.

In their last 10 Season Finales, the Club’s record:

3W-6L-0T-1OTL.

Road Finale

This is the 83rd Road Finale. The Club’s record in the previous 82 games:

19W-47L-13T-2OTL-1SOL.

Their record in the last 10 Road Finales:

1W-6L-2OTL-1SOL.

Current Streaks

Regular Season Streaks

Overall: 2-game winning streak (1 shootout shutout)

Road: 1-game winning streak.

Historical Regular Season Streaks vs. Chicago

Overall: 1-game winning streak

Road: 1-game winning streak.

Last Ten Games

Last Ten Games – Regular Season

Overall: 8W-1L-1OTL

Road: 6W-2L-0OTL-2SOL.

Last Ten Games - Historical Regular Season vs. Chicago

Overall: 5W-4L-0OTL-1SOL

Road: 4W-4L-0OTL-2OTL.

Record on this Date

April 11.

This is the 7th regular season game played on this date. The Club's record in the previous 6 games:

3W-3L.

LGW.

Um... The Yotes have more points... They are not going to be any easier then the Nucks. Nonetheless, the Wings can handle either team. Plus, there are always tons of Wings fans when we play in Phx so that would be nice to see in the playoffs. Go Wings lets take 5th and head into the playoffs playing very well! :siren:

Here it is -

Thanks, HT to you and Crotty for the info and input. I'm still not thrilled with playing the Yotes but I'm not sure Vancouver would be that much easier for us. But I really do BELIEVE that the Wings are on a roll and they like the Winning Thing.

We shall see, eh? :ph34r:

I don't believe in picking your poison but let me explain why people would rather play the Yotes over the Canucks.

Phoenix is ridiculously inexperienced when it comes to the playoffs. They look a lot like Columbus did last year, everyone said they had strong goaltending and some decent offense. But the inexperience and the lack any stars will hurt them in many people's eyes.

Contrast that with Vancouver, whose goalie is world-class and just won the Gold medal by saving his collapsing team and proving he can play under immense pressure. Their offense is on fire and they have multiple threats.

The Wings can beat both, but that's why people think the Coyotes would be the easier path.

I don't believe in picking your poison but let me explain why people would rather play the Yotes over the Canucks.

Phoenix is ridiculously inexperienced when it comes to the playoffs. They look a lot like Columbus did last year, everyone said they had strong goaltending and some decent offense. But the inexperience and the lack any stars will hurt them in many people's eyes.

Contrast that with Vancouver, whose goalie is world-class and just won the Gold medal by saving his collapsing team and proving he can play under immense pressure. Their offense is on fire and they have multiple threats.

The Wings can beat both, but that's why people think the Coyotes would be the easier path.

I thought Phoenix was the better match up until yesterday when my dad brought up an interesting idea. Since Phoenix is Bettmans team and with the s*** they pulled last year to help Pittsburgh win, the fix could be in to give Phoenix a deep playoff run.

My Dad is kinda a conspiracy theorist and I really doubt they would really rig it. But after the no suspension on Malkin and the too many men last year, it kinda makes you wonder.

GO WINGS

Oh I forgot to mention, this could hopefully be the last game Wiliams plays in a wings jersey for a very long time!

Edited by newfy