Photo
- - - - -

4/11 GDT: Red Wings 3 at Blackhawks 2 (OT)

• Please log in to reply
484 replies to this topic

#21 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,564 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 12:47 PM

I don't believe in picking your poison but let me explain why people would rather play the Yotes over the Canucks.

Phoenix is ridiculously inexperienced when it comes to the playoffs. They look a lot like Columbus did last year, everyone said they had strong goaltending and some decent offense. But the inexperience and the lack any stars will hurt them in many people's eyes.

Contrast that with Vancouver, whose goalie is world-class and just won the Gold medal by saving his collapsing team and proving he can play under immense pressure. Their offense is on fire and they have multiple threats.

The Wings can beat both, but that's why people think the Coyotes would be the easier path.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#22 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,360 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 01:26 PM

Only two words.....JUST WIN!!

GO WINGS!!!

#23 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 01:34 PM

Go Wings!!!!

Posted Image

#24 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 01:40 PM

I don't believe in picking your poison but let me explain why people would rather play the Yotes over the Canucks.

Phoenix is ridiculously inexperienced when it comes to the playoffs. They look a lot like Columbus did last year, everyone said they had strong goaltending and some decent offense. But the inexperience and the lack any stars will hurt them in many people's eyes.

Contrast that with Vancouver, whose goalie is world-class and just won the Gold medal by saving his collapsing team and proving he can play under immense pressure. Their offense is on fire and they have multiple threats.

The Wings can beat both, but that's why people think the Coyotes would be the easier path.

I thought Phoenix was the better match up until yesterday when my dad brought up an interesting idea. Since Phoenix is Bettmans team and with the s*** they pulled last year to help Pittsburgh win, the fix could be in to give Phoenix a deep playoff run.

My Dad is kinda a conspiracy theorist and I really doubt they would really rig it. But after the no suspension on Malkin and the too many men last year, it kinda makes you wonder.

GO WINGS

Oh I forgot to mention, this could hopefully be the last game Wiliams plays in a wings jersey for a very long time!

Edited by newfy, 11 April 2010 - 01:42 PM.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#25 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 01:44 PM

Hopefully we play up to the better clubs like we have all year.

LGW!
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#26 MissyLKS8

MissyLKS8

Détroit du Kat

• Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 01:44 PM

Did we get bumped off of NBC? Lame, I was looking forward to watching this in HD. Guess I'll be streaming it instead.

Yeah, so my cable is down... where can I stream?
Hit it hard in Royal Oak... but I'll see you all in Detroit. Friday 11am.

Pav's going to dance for Hank. -Osgood on Zed's birthday
I love the dark meat. -Homer on turkey
Hey, is that Journey? OOH, WHAT A STOP BY OSGOOD!! Hey, that IS Journey! - Steve Dangle

"I don't care what my tickets says, Lady. Why should I move my seat for you, 45 minutes late with your non-Red Wings apparel, to sit behind the glass here with your little friend who just asked who #5 is?"

Made in Detroit

#27 drumnj

drumnj

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 01:47 PM

I won't be able to stream today's game as I am out of town and can't access my computer.

Should have Griffins game later on (will be late)

Edited by drumnj, 11 April 2010 - 01:48 PM.

Your any-time FSD online source, with pre and post game coverage along with any Red Wings specials.  Youtube page: RedWingsLive1

Red Wings and Griffins Live Games Check my profile
Always looking for people to help with the site, be it coding (PHP & JS) or design work. PM me if you'd be interested.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!
Dan's World, Dan's World... Mediocrity!... Excellent!

#28 cmonster

cmonster

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 01:49 PM

Yeah, so my cable is down... where can I stream?

if you find one can you let me know?

#29 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 01:52 PM

I will be watching the Wings game on my tv and the Rangers/Flyers game on my computer. Both should be great games.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#30 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 01:53 PM

I don't understand why anybody is afraid of the 'Nucks. Weren't they the same team we beat on the way to the last 2 cups? Luongo has done NOTHING in the "real season". He is great in the regular season, but playoffs is another story. I think all of the top 4 teams will be watching because ANY of them can play the Wings depending on what today's result is of the important games.

None of the 4 teams want to play the hottest team the last 6 weeks. They have only lost 8 points since the break!

luongo sucks in regular season
Posted Image

#31 2guns

2guns

Rookie

• Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 01:54 PM

Yeah,
I live in Texas and I pay for FS-D and still can't watch the games due to market blackouts and restrictions.
Lame, huh?

Anyone that knows a good stream, mind sending a PM?

#32 Dave

Dave

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 01:58 PM

I won't be able to stream today's game as I am out of town and can't access my computer.

Should have Griffins game later on (will be late)

If you need technical help about remote access just hit me up.

#33 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 02:05 PM

Hawks announcers

but better than nothing.

Plus the guy streaming is some sort of a moron who babbles and plays music instead of letting us listen to the announcers.

Edited by 55fan, 11 April 2010 - 02:06 PM.

#34 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

game time

Posted Image

#35 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

This :thumbup:

It's 3am over here, struggling to keep awake. I have class at 10.

Make it worth it Wings!

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#36 MissyLKS8

MissyLKS8

Détroit du Kat

• Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 02:06 PM

if you find one can you let me know?

Here you go buddy: http://www.justin.tv...rts2#r=05v79bs~
Hit it hard in Royal Oak... but I'll see you all in Detroit. Friday 11am.

Pav's going to dance for Hank. -Osgood on Zed's birthday
I love the dark meat. -Homer on turkey
Hey, is that Journey? OOH, WHAT A STOP BY OSGOOD!! Hey, that IS Journey! - Steve Dangle

"I don't care what my tickets says, Lady. Why should I move my seat for you, 45 minutes late with your non-Red Wings apparel, to sit behind the glass here with your little friend who just asked who #5 is?"

Made in Detroit

#37 skyphoenix

skyphoenix

JIMMEH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 02:09 PM

The difference between Columbus last year and Phoenix this year is that Phoenix did not sneak into the playoffs, they are in 3rd place. Also, they don't have a rookie goaltender. Bryzgalov isn't as unproven as Mason was and Mason has shown since last year's playoffs that he's not as good as his regular season implied.

Either way, I think it'll be a good series no matter what team we play.

Posted Image

#38 cmonster

cmonster

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 02:09 PM

Here you go buddy: http://www.justin.tv...rts2#r=05v79bs~

Thanks! Much appreciated! I just moved to MN and I am missing my Wings!

#39 Russian Houdini

Russian Houdini

Russian Houdini

• Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 02:13 PM

Big.. big game...

LGW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ајмо Црвена Крила!!!!

#40 NGKEIB

NGKEIB

eltit rebmem motsuC

• PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 02:14 PM

It's nice to hear the anthem sung properly...
"Summa pia gratia nostra conservando corpora et custodita, de gente fera Normannica nos libera, quae nostra vastat, Deus, regna."