• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest DatsyukianDeke13

Red Wings will sign Joakim Andersson

Rate this topic

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2010/04/red_wings_will_sign_joakim_and.html

According to Aftonbladet's Malin Wahlberg, the Detroit Red Wings will sign prospect Joakim Andersson to an entry-level contract on Monday, for what appears to be a 3-year, two-way NHL entry level cotract with a signing bonus of about $140,000 and per-year bonuses of about $277,000:

April 11, Aftonbladet (roughly translated): Andersson leaves Frölunda - for the NHL

Will earn two million Swedish Kronor [$277,104 in U.S. dollars per season] for three years

Joakim Andersson to leave Frolunda.

On Monday he'll sign a contract with Detroit.

And he'll become 1.9 million Swedish Kronor [$138,522] richer

The Swedish colony in the Red Wings is growing.

Henrik Zetterberg, Tomas Holmstrom, Nicklas Lidstrom and the other Swedes will now be joined on the club by club Frölunda's Joakim Andersson.

1.9 million [swedish Kronor]

Centre has signed a three year contract with the Red Wings, but will probably start with its farm team in the AHL.

"Of course I hope to earn a spot right away with Detroit, but I'm well aware of the fact that it's not so easy. Then I can just do my best to fight my way up," said Andersson to Sportbladet.

According to Sportbladet the Swede will earn a bonus of approximately [$263,249], which means about $1.9 million Swedish Kronor during the three years.

"[Expletive] the money. But it's important that they show they believe in me. You'd rather play for a club that wants you," he said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"[Expletive] the money" :clap:

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

That translation isn't quite accurate, he said something more like "damn good money".

Leave it MLIVE to screw that up :no:

Excellent news! Just hope the Wings give him a better idea of what to expect if/when he comes to GR, so that he doesn't end up giving up and going home ala Axelsson, Ryno and Grigorenko.

What is the potential of this guy? His stats arent too flashy...

Axelsson is a better player isn't it? Is there a chance he come back in GR next year? I pretty doubt it, but anyone is an insider?

What is the potential of this guy? His stats arent too flashy...

Axelsson is a better player isn't it? Is there a chance he come back in GR next year? I pretty doubt it, but anyone is an insider?

Axelson has better scoring potential but Andersson has the potential to be a great shutdown centerman like Sam Pauhlson(sp?) and anchor a third line. He's also supposed to be fairly physical.

Axelson has better scoring potential but Andersson has the potential to be a great shutdown centerman like Sam Pauhlson(sp?) and anchor a third line. He's also supposed to be fairly physical.

That sums him up pretty well. I am well excited for Joaks to be in GR next season!

Andersson has the potential to be a great shutdown centerman like Sam Pauhlson(sp?) and anchor a third line. He's also supposed to be fairly physical.

We've heard that comparison a lot but it's not really true in what some of us here hope. He has good defensive aptitude and he competes hard but he won't lead the forwards in hits like Pahlsson does. Not even close. He can take a hit and keep going and play tough on the puck but he's not really a player like Pahlsson who loves to hit. That's why Hakan Andersson said a better comparison for him is Filppula without the skating ability. Kind of a buzzkill you know? But still, guys like Jocke are always pretty useful.

Anyone catch how much he'll be making?

"Damn good money" apparently, hehe.

No but seriously, two-way contracts are weird. The player makes a certain salary if they're in GR and then a different salary if they're playing in the NHL.

From what I understand, he'll get a signing bonus of 140K, which I think means that he'll receive 140K just for signing.

He'll get at least 277K as a yearly salary.

But if he finds a way to get a spot on the Red Wings then he'll have an additional 263K.

We've heard that comparison a lot but it's not really true in what some of us here hope. He has good defensive aptitude and he competes hard but he won't lead the forwards in hits like Pahlsson does. Not even close. He can take a hit and keep going and play tough on the puck but he's not really a player like Pahlsson who loves to hit. That's why Hakan Andersson said a better comparison for him is Filppula without the skating ability. Kind of a buzzkill you know? But still, guys like Jocke are always pretty useful.

Awe really? That is a buzzkill. I wasn't expecting him to be like an Abdelakder when it comes to hitting but I was expecting him to be able to throw one and like doing it. Oh well, he's still a fairly solid prospect.