• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
NBCnothingbutcrosby

Chicago gets Nashville

Rate this topic

I have to admit out of all the teams that made the playoffs... Nashville worried me most. They have excellent goaltending, a strong defense, good coaching, and a good defensive scheme. With Chicago's suspect goaltending, blueline injuries, and good offense - I don't think they'll match up well. I can actually see Nashville winning in 6. Perhaps we won't meet up with Chicago in the WCF. Any thoughts?

Edited by NBCnothingbutcrosby

This game was huge for the hawks. With 2 points they would have faced Colorado and probably would have ran them through the ice and instead they get a very tough and frustrating nashville. Just another reason to be pumped about the win!

Edited by pirateasaurus

I think Chicago will handle Nashville easily.

We always match up poorly with Nashville, but I don't think that's true for other teams. Chicago's defensive injuries will hurt them in later rounds, but probably not here.

This. Unfortunately.

I hate Nashville games.

Having said that...go preds!

Guest Crymson

Today turned out absolutely PERFECTLY.

1) The Yotes are the best playoff matchup for us.

2) L.A. and Vancouver are evenly matched and very familiar with one another, which very well may lead to a seven-game series.

3) Chicago misses out on playing Colorado, a team they'd probably have obliterated; they don't play L.A., a team they'd probably also have had their way with; and they play a Nashville team with excellent goaltending and a very physical lineup.

4) San Jose gets to play Colorado, and Colorado will have a chance in that one.

Booyah.

Nashville might be able to beat Chicago over a 7 game series. They're a team that never quits and even if they go down 2-0 (which they probably will) they'll stretch that series out with a frustrating comeback.

Let's just hope Phoenix doesn't pull any of that magic on us, being the storybook team and all.

Chicago is 4-2 against them

I'm looking forward to this matchup. For whatever reason, all 6 of their games were played before the new year, so they haven't faced each other in 3 1/2 months. I can see this series going 7.

Today turned out absolutely PERFECTLY.

1) The Yotes are the best playoff matchup for us.

2) L.A. and Vancouver are evenly matched and very familiar with one another, which very well may lead to a seven-game series.

3) Chicago misses out on playing Colorado, a team they'd probably have obliterated; they don't play L.A., a team they'd probably also have had their way with; and they play a Nashville team with excellent goaltending and a very physical lineup.

4) San Jose gets to play Colorado, and Colorado will have a chance in that one.

Booyah.

Why do you think Colorado has a chance against San Jose?

I think they'll get obliterated as well.

...what in the hell are you talking about? In the playoffs we're 2-0 in series' against Trashville.

Yeah, but they scared the s*** out of us in both series.

They've played us tough in regular seasons and playoffs with their style of hockey.

I'd rather avoid that team altogether.

Guest CaliWingsNut

Why do you think Colorado has a chance against San Jose?

I think they'll get obliterated as well.

This is really bad, as it poses the possibility of SJ actually making it to Round 2.

Edited by CaliWingsNut

This is really bad, as it poses the possibility of SJ actually making it to Round 2.

San Jose usually loses in the second round, yet people are acting like they always lose in the first round.

Last year they played a tough Ducks team which almost knocked us out of the playoffs. This Colorado team isn't nearly that good.