• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 09:55 PM

Why do you think Colorado has a chance against San Jose?

I think they'll get obliterated as well.

This is really bad, as it poses the possibility of SJ actually making it to Round 2.

Edited by CaliWingsNut, 11 April 2010 - 09:55 PM.

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#22 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,656 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 10:01 PM

This is really bad, as it poses the possibility of SJ actually making it to Round 2.

San Jose usually loses in the second round, yet people are acting like they always lose in the first round.

Last year they played a tough Ducks team which almost knocked us out of the playoffs. This Colorado team isn't nearly that good.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#23 stuck in socal

stuck in socal

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 10:03 PM

Nashville gives Chicago a run for the money. I think it goes 6 tops.
Playoff Time. Let's Go Red Wings!!!!

#24 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 10:05 PM

Nashville with the upset.
Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#25 servo

servo

Where will we hang this one?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 11:28 PM

With Chicago's mounting injuries on the backend, their mediocre and inexperienced goaltending all pose for an upset for Chicago.
I know exactly what I'm saying, so that when I'm fired, it won't be a slip of the tounge. Everything I say, I want to say. Don Cherry

#26 sherwood40

sherwood40

Rookie

• Pip
  • 175 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 11:33 PM

I think this will be a great series, both teams play a fast and hard checking hockey. both teams will wear eachother down really good, which ever teams pulls out the win they will be tired for there next round. I give the advantage to Nashville.

#27 Grim

Grim

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 12:29 AM

everyone is annointing the Hawks... we shall see. I feel the Sharks are due for a long run.

#28 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 12:41 AM

everyone is annointing the Hawks... we shall see. I feel the Sharks are due for a long run.

If you want to crown them, then crown their asses already! But they ARE who we THOUGHT they were!

#29 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 12:44 AM

If you want to crown them, then crown their asses already! But they ARE who we THOUGHT they were!

People have explained that episode to me before and I still don't understand exactly what that whole rant was about and where it came from and the point of it all.

#30 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,335 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 01:12 AM

Chicago should win that series easily but the important part is that Nashville will wear them down physically.

Like others have said, though, Nashville has very good goaltending so anything can happen.

It'd be very, very, very satisfying to watch Chicago go down in the first. So very satisfying.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#31 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 01:43 AM

With Chicago's mounting injuries on the backend, their mediocre and inexperienced goaltending all pose for an upset for Chicago.

Don't forget to factor this into the equation too. Yikes. Everything is working against them.
Posted Image

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.

#32 clutchngrab

clutchngrab

clutchngrab

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:27 AM

Possible - but the same argument can be applied to the wings yotes series.
Are you kidding? Block you? And miss watching you stumble around the forum looking for an argument like a dog sniffing butts? It would be like turning off a bad episode of Jerry Springer. You know you shouldn't be watching, but you just... can't... help... it...

#33 Learn2LuvIt

Learn2LuvIt

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:31 AM

I'm going with Hawks in 6. Even further, I think at least two of these games will go into OT. All tough, grueling games. Hawks will come out of this series with at least one major additional injury (not hoping for injury, just my gut feel).

No offense to Nashville, but the Hawks are too deep to succumb to a physical grind down team like they are. Nashville isn't going to make it easy by any stretch of the imagination, but in the end the Hawks have just too much over all.

I mean come on... we've said this about Nashville for the last 4 out of 5 seasons and they've NEVER gotten past the first round and NEVER taken anyone to a game 7.

Edit:spelling

Edited by Learn2LuvIt, 12 April 2010 - 09:35 AM.

ENJOY THE RIDE

#34 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:39 AM

Nashville was always a team I hated to see us draw. They always seem to play insanely hard in the post-season. I think the Hawks take it, but Nashville will definitely wear them out.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#35 Louisville

Louisville

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:46 AM

I think Chicago will win either way, they are too deep and too offensively powerful.

BUT since the Olympics Chicago has been a tired team and their injuries on defense don't help either. Nashville can at least wear them down even more.

#36 2guns

2guns

Rookie

• Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:50 AM

So much doubt for the preds. I think they have the ability to pull an upset. Chicago is a good team, but like everyone knows, they have weak goaltending, hossa, over-confidence and worst of all: the expectations to be the best.

The preds are better this year and I think we'll all see that they are capable of winning more than just road games in the playoffs.

#37 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,656 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 12:11 PM

Don't forget to factor this into the equation too. Yikes. Everything is working against them.
Posted Image

Tyler Kennedy looks weird in a Hawks uniform.

:D
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#38 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,178 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 12:53 PM

Why do you think Colorado has a chance against San Jose?

I think they'll get obliterated as well.

come playoff time, all bets are off with the sharks. google "choke artist"...you;ll understand

Free darkmanx!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#39 Jericho613

Jericho613

Give Nothing, Take Everything

• PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 01:09 PM

I see the Preds taking out the Hawks in 6. Regular season doesn't matter. The Hawks could have taking all 6 and I would still take the Preds over them.