• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wing Across The Pond

Beard time!

Rate this topic

Just wondering people's rituals for the playoff beard, when to shave, trimming, etc.

Personally I shaved every morning for the last two weeks (which I haven't done since working before University) just to prepare and shall shave tomorrow morning for the last time. But does anyone else have their own rituals? For example do some people shave after every loss? Or just wait until after the final game? Plus what are your views on trimming. I'm planning for two months of unkempt growth! I shall also wear my two jerseys every day, regardless of occasion.

Plus ladies, let us know your rituals as I know in recent years the bracelets have worked well!

Feel free to post periodical pictures of beards as well.

Just wondering people's rituals for the playoff beard, when to shave, trimming, etc.

Personally I shaved every morning for the last two weeks (which I haven't done since working before University) just to prepare and shall shave tomorrow morning for the last time. But does anyone else have their own rituals? For example do some people shave after every loss? Or just wait until after the final game? Plus what are your views on trimming. I'm planning for two months of unkempt growth! I shall also wear my two jerseys every day, regardless of occasion.

Plus ladies, let us know your rituals as I know in recent years the bracelets have worked well!

Feel free to post periodical pictures of beards as well.

I do a final shave the morning the playoffs start and then go all out until the playoffs end for the Wings, win or lose. NO TRIMMING ALLOWED!

Guest Howard He Do It?!

My thinking is in line with Ozzie's on playoff beards.

I started my playoff beard when the Olympics ended because I decided it was pretty much playoff time at that point. So far, so good. It stays til the Wings are done. GO WINGS GO!

I did this too mostly be cause I was lazy towards the end of the olympic break, and decided what the heck, I'll start early this year. Has worked like a charm.

The girls on this board have been doing a thread/wristband thing based on the Wings wins and losses in the playoffs.

Unfortunately for me, my job requires clean shaven everyday.

I can't do it. I can grow facial hair absurdly fast, I can probably get a good beard in 3-4 days, but I can't stand the itching and scratching at it. Every time I grow a goatee I get too impatient and shave it off after a week usually. No facial hair for me.

I started my playoff beard when the Olympics ended because I decided it was pretty much playoff time at that point. So far, so good. It stays til the Wings are done. GO WINGS GO!

+1. And it's already getting pretty beardy.

I'm shaving tonight and not again until the Wings get eliminated. I have graduation in a few weeks (college), so I might have to shave then though. This year I will probably grow it for a few weeks and then shave it into a terrible mustache. I grow terrible facial hair- spotty, thin, disconnected.

Edited by WorkingOvertime

I can't do it. I can grow facial hair absurdly fast, I can probably get a good beard in 3-4 days, but I can't stand the itching and scratching at it. Every time I grow a goatee I get too impatient and shave it off after a week usually. No facial hair for me.

THIS. I'm sorry, but I just can't. Those who can put up with it deserve some serious praise. It. Feels. Terrible.

Its kinda funny for me because the first day of Wings playoffs is when I actually do shave! I start of fresh every playoffs on Wings 1st playoff game then let it go until Wings are done. I do have to admit that I have to trim my upper lip cuz I can't stand facial hair curling over my upper lip and getting in the way of eating/drinking.