• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wing Across The Pond

Beard time!

Rate this topic

I'm torn... I did it last year for the first time, no shaving at all. It was awful looking, on so many levels. My brothers told me I looked amish and called it a Neard (neck beard)... We lost in game 7 so I think it might be bad luck... I think I am going to try it again this year with MINIMAL neard trimming. Also, I think my jersey may be cursed... I don't know if I should wear that either... Some big decisions coming my way.

I honestly have the worst facial hair ever... like blond Sydney Crosby facial hair (that bad, honest). Either way I can't grow facial hair in while I am working... we are only allowed to grow it in when we are off and then keep it neatly trimmed once we are back in the office.

:thumbup: Good going guys. Can't wait to see the pics again this year. Here's hoping for some long ole Rumplestilskin beards!!

Me? I'll be rocking the bracelets again - love that tradition!

What's do you gals do with the bracelets? Do you make old-school friendship bracelets or something? I've never heard of that, but it's definitely an alternative since I can't grow a beard. I can stop shaving though . . . :P

red for a win, white for a loss. There are a few variations, some people use beads with the initials of those who scored, some add a special one at the end of a series. This was mine after game 7 last year....hoping for 1 more red this year!

4819_90987893127_508083127_1923042_1244500_n.jpg

I just took the clippers to my beard and am probably going to take a razor to it on wednesday, depending on how much growth happens between now and then.

This is the first time i've had 0 facial hair since i was in high school.

I go all out with the beard and I'll allow myself to trim the upper cheek area and the neckline at the end of each series, but the bulk of the beard doesn't get touched.

This is the first time I've been unemployed during playoffs so I can actually grow one out! I think I'll plan on trimming cheeks and neck between series as well. I always figured you would shave the same day the team hits the ice for game 1. So I shaved off my beard this morning and am excited for playoff hockey. :octo: There is no bearded smiley! :beerbuddy:

This is the first time I've been unemployed during playoffs so I can actually grow one out! I think I'll plan on trimming cheeks and neck between series as well. I always figured you would shave the same day the team hits the ice for game 1. So I shaved off my beard this morning and am excited for playoff hockey. :octo: There is no bearded smiley! :beerbuddy:

I shaved last night for the last time as well

I will also be keeping the neck and cheeks cleaned up, but that will be it, the rest I will only trim between rounds to keep in maintained... this was the ritual I had in 08 - last year I just let it go beard crazy and didn't shave at all... and well... lets just say out of superstition, I'm reverting to 08 ritual over 09 ritual...

to add to your point, there should be a long bearded smiley for playoffs at bare minimum...

Edited by stevkrause