#21 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 06:51 PM

I'm pretty sure Detroit can't play them in the second round

Okay...suppose I was wrong

Simple. IF Detroit and Chicago both win, then there are 4 possible scenarios depending on if Vancouver and San Jose win:

San Jose vs Detroit and Chicago vs Vancouver
San Jose vs Detroit and Chicago vs LA
Chicago vs Colorado and Vancouver vs Detroit
Chicago vs Colorado and Detroit vs LA

So you are correct, it is not possible for Detroit and Chicago to meet in the 2nd round.
Do or do not. There is no try

#22 TheOwl

TheOwl

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 06:56 PM

Simple. IF Detroit and Chicago both win, then there are 4 possible scenarios depending on if Vancouver and San Jose win:

So you are correct, it is not possible for Detroit and Chicago to meet in the 2nd round.

Sure they can. If San Jose beats the Avs, LA beats Vancouver, Detroit wins, Chicago wins. Then San Jose will play LA, Detroit will play Chicago.

#23 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 06:56 PM

LA is the #6 seed and the Wings are the #5 seed. San Jose would face the Kings, not the Wings.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#24 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 06:58 PM

HAHA! I love these picks with the top seeds all beating the lower ones.

One easy one to predict is the Sharks/Avs matchup. Sorry, but Avs in 6. I don't care if its the 1st seed versus the 8th.
IPB Image

#25 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 06:59 PM

I'm picking the Wings in 7 and the hell with the rest of the teams. Kill 'em all and let god sort them out.

OK, now really

Sharks over Avs in 5 -- Heads swell in SJ and parade routes are discussed. Fools gold starts early in NoCal as Detroit gives the Sharkies a bleeding, ill swimming first round opponent.

Hawks over Predators in 6 -- The Hawks have just too much up front to be drawn into the Nashville quicksand. A couple of these games could go into overtime, it will be tough but Hawks prevail.

Canucks over Kings in 7 -- This will be a great series. I can't wait to watch it. The Kings will see if the Luongo slide is real or he just got bored watching the sisters pile up numbers on secondary assists.

Wings over Coyotes in 7 -- Duh, I have to pick them. This will be a hard, nasty, nightly beatings kind of series. Will the Wings overwhelm the Coyotes on special teams? Great storyline about the Vezina candidate for Phoenix vs the rookie who should be in the Vezina discussion in Jimmy Howard. Franzen is the X factor.

East

Washington over Montreal in 4 because it can't be 3. Unless the Canadiens powerplay which is good goes nuts I think the Habs will be overwhelmed. See San Jose premature proclamations of greatness after round one above.

Devils over Failadelphia in 6 -- The Devils powerplay is good and the Flyers take a lot of penalties. Brodeur is slipping, he is but he will be good enough to win here. The Flyers netminding is as solid as the skiing Capital One goat. Has been for eons. Kovalchuk had better wake the hell up and start doing something. I'm not paying him to skate around the perimeter or skate like gangbusters across the opponents blueline then pull up or head to the sideboards (As a ticket buyer I pay his salary yes I do lol).

Sabres over Bruins in 7. This'll be harder than many think. In the end the Bruins glass jaw presents itself. If it weren't for San Jose the Bruins would be known as the biggest headcases.

Penguins over the Senators in 5. The reasons are obvious, besides the Simpsons are on...

Detroit would like to welcome the Eastern Conference

13416406403_264f5aaa63_o.jpg

#26 Zion

Zion

Hall-of-Famer

• Bronze Booster
  • 2,930 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 07:03 PM

San Jose (1) vs. Colorado (8) - SJ in 5
Chicago (2) vs. Nashville (7) - CHI in 6
Vancouver (3) vs. Los Angeles (6) - VAN in 5
Phoenix (4) vs. Detroit (5) - DET in 6

Washington (1) vs. Montreal (8) - WSH in 4
New Jersey (2) vs. Philadelphia (7) - NJ in 5
Buffalo (3) vs. Boston (6) - BUF in 6
Pittsburgh (4) vs. Ottawa (5) - PIT in 5

Pretty easy, actually. I can't believe some of you think Ottawa will win. Take your Haterade-sponsored goggles off. I hate 'em, too, but Ottawa stands little chance.
Hockeytown - No Limits

#27 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,722 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 07:04 PM

1. San Jose Sharks vs. 8. Colorado Avalanche = SJ in 5

2. Chicago Blackhawks vs. 7. Nashville Predators = CHI in 5

3. Vancouver Canucks vs. 6. Los Angeles Kings = VAN in 5

4. Phoenix Coyotes vs. 5. Detroit Red Wings = DET in 5

1. Washington Capitals vs. 8. Montreal Canadiens = WASH in 4

2. New Jersey Devils vs. 7. Philadelphia Flyers = NJ in 6

3. Buffalo Sabers vs. 6. Boston Bruins = BUFF in 7

4. Pittsburgh Penguins vs. 5. Ottawa Senators = PIT in 7
[/quote]
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#28 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 07:04 PM

HAHA! I love these picks with the top seeds all beating the lower ones.

One easy one to predict is the Sharks/Avs matchup. Sorry, but Avs in 6. I don't care if its the 1st seed versus the 8th.

The Avs have been pretty bad for the last weeks/months. I guess if Anderson finds his mojo again they could pull an upset but in my eyes they're easily the worst playoff team in the West. Too young, overachieved for most of the season and almost ended up missing the playoffs.

#29 russianswede919293

russianswede919293

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,535 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 07:05 PM

I love that in the first Gretzky-less year the Coyotes get a good coach in Tippet and finally make the playoffs in decisive manner.

#30 FedorovMan91

FedorovMan91

Legend

• PipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 07:11 PM

The Avs had been bad last one month. Although the playoff is unpredictable, I would say small chance for the Avs to beat the Sharks; but I also do not see the Sharks can pass the 2nd round. The Preds have been good this year and although they are 7th, they have been really solid at the end of the year. The Kings have not been good at the late of the season but if they can solve Luongo, I say they may have a chance to pass the first round.

For the Wings, if Howard can stay calm, I say the Wings in 6. The Yotes really deserved a playoff this year and they look stronger than the Sharks in my opinion.
Anyone asks about the life? It is very simple. You have all or none. You have a success or failure. There can be only one winner. However, you need a failure to accomplish a success. You never look back. You only look forward. What you are doing right now for even a second or a minute shape your future. It can be deadly gloomy or very bright. Don't be frustrated by the present situation. Think positively. Good thing will happen to you soon

#31 Trapt1307

Trapt1307

Tootoo + Hem = Win

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 07:17 PM

Anybody know when the schedules are released?
"Scotty hated the world and treated everybody the same, from me to Steve Yzerman,'' Legace said. ''Scotty would rip anybody, and had the personality of ant."

#32 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 07:22 PM

Anybody know when the schedules are released?

"Dates for these series will be announced later. A complete list of start times and broadcast information will be released when available. The 2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs open Wednesday, Apr. 14."
- NHL.com

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#33 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 07:25 PM

Western Conference

1. San Jose Sharks vs. 8. Colorado Avalanche Sharks in six

2. Chicago Blackhawks vs. 7. Nashville Predators Blackhawks in seven

3. Vancouver Canucks vs. 6. Los Angeles Kings Kings in seven

4. Phoenix Coyotes vs. 5. Detroit Red Wings Wings in five

Eastern Conference

1. Washington Capitals vs. 8. Montreal Canadiens Capitals in four

2. New Jersey Devils vs. 7. Philadelphia Flyers Devils in seven

3. Buffalo Sabers vs. 6. Boston Bruins Sabres in six

4. Pittsburgh Penguins vs. 5. Ottawa Senators Penguins in five

Edited by Crymson, 11 April 2010 - 07:25 PM.

#34 Zion

Zion

Hall-of-Famer

• Bronze Booster
  • 2,930 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 07:25 PM

[quote name='Firehawk' date='11 April 2010 - 07:04 PM' timestamp='1271030679' post='1937965']
1. San Jose Sharks vs. 8. Colorado Avalanche = SJ in 5

2. Chicago Blackhawks vs. 7. Nashville Predators = CHI in 5

3. Vancouver Canucks vs. 6. Los Angeles Kings = VAN in 5

4. Phoenix Coyotes vs. 5. Detroit Red Wings = DET in 5

1. Washington Capitals vs. 8. Montreal Canadiens = WASH in 4

2. New Jersey Devils vs. 7. Philadelphia Flyers = NJ in 6

3. Buffalo Sabers vs. 6. Boston Bruins = BUFF in 7

4. Pittsburgh Penguins vs. 5. Ottawa Senators = PIT in 7
[/quote]
[/quote]
You seriously have the East being this competitive?
Hockeytown - No Limits

#35 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,722 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 07:27 PM

I'm surprised people are picking the Hawks to not win, or require more than 5 games to beat Nashville. Nashville has never won a road game in the playoffs, and they just don't appear to be an impressive team. In my opinion, none of the bottom 4 other than Detroit are scary at all. It's surprising to me about the Nashville respect though. I think Nashville will be able to stay in the game, but that's about it. Chicago is too fast and has too much offense to lose more than a game. If it goes six i will be shocked. Nashvile isn't winning a game in Chicago either. Also if Nashville were to upset CHicago, I think all of CHicago will collectively set themselves on fire. What a meltdown that would be!

Same with SJ.

Luongo is totally overrated, but it won't appear that way in the first round. It will in the second though.

These playoffs will be fantastic.

[quote name='Zion' date='11 April 2010 - 08:25 PM' timestamp='1271031910' post='1937992']
[/quote]
[/quote]

Yeah, you know why? Because they all suck and they're playing each other, LOL. If they were playing western teams I'd predict every west team in 5 or less ;).
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#36 FedorovMan91

FedorovMan91

Legend

• PipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 07:31 PM

[quote name='Firehawk' date='11 April 2010 - 05:27 PM' timestamp='1271032053' post='1937993']
I'm surprised people are picking the Hawks to not win, or require more than 5 games to beat Nashville. Nashville has never won a road game in the playoffs, and they just don't appear to be an impressive team. In my opinion, none of the bottom 4 other than Detroit are scary at all. It's surprising to me about the Nashville respect though. I think Nashville will be able to stay in the game, but that's about it. Chicago is too fast and has too much offense to lose more than a game. If it goes six i will be shocked. Nashvile isn't winning a game in Chicago either. Also if Nashville were to upset CHicago, I think all of CHicago will collectively set themselves on fire. What a meltdown that would be!

Same with SJ.

Luongo is totally overrated, but it won't appear that way in the first round. It will in the second though.

These playoffs will be fantastic.

[/quote]

Yeah, you know why? Because they all suck and they're playing each other, LOL. If they were playing western teams I'd predict every west team in 5 or less ;).
[/quote]

We all know the Hawks are good this year and may go to the 2nd round but it is just prediction; besides, the Preds may not have offenses but they have good D and goaltending. It is just the fact that the Preds play the hockey not to lose; tough to beat.
Anyone asks about the life? It is very simple. You have all or none. You have a success or failure. There can be only one winner. However, you need a failure to accomplish a success. You never look back. You only look forward. What you are doing right now for even a second or a minute shape your future. It can be deadly gloomy or very bright. Don't be frustrated by the present situation. Think positively. Good thing will happen to you soon

#37 marcaractac

marcaractac

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 08:03 PM

Western Conference

1. San Jose Sharks vs. 8. Colorado Avalanche - Sharks in 5

2. Chicago Blackhawks vs. 7. Nashville Predators - Blackhawks in 7

3. Vancouver Canucks vs. 6. Los Angeles Kings - Canucks in 6

4. Phoenix Coyotes vs. 5. Detroit Red Wings - Red Wings in 6

Eastern Conference

1. Washington Capitals vs. 8. Montreal Canadiens - Capitals in 4

2. New Jersey Devils vs. 7. Philadelphia Flyers - Flyers in 7

3. Buffalo Sabers vs. 6. Boston Bruins - Bruins in 7

4. Pittsburgh Penguins vs. 5. Ottawa Senators - Penguins in 5

#38 vangvace

vangvace

no such thing as overkill

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 08:07 PM

Western Conference

1. San Jose Sharks vs. 8. Colorado Avalanche 7

2. Chicago Blackhawks vs. 7. Nashville Predators 6

3. Vancouver Canucks vs. 6. Los Angeles Kings 6 (toughest one to call for me)

4. Phoenix Coyotes vs. 5. Detroit Red Wings 6

Eastern Conference

1. Washington Capitals vs. 8. Montreal Canadiens 5

2. New Jersey Devils vs. 7. Philadelphia Flyers 6

3. Buffalo Sabers vs. 6. Boston Bruins 5

4. Pittsburgh Penguins
vs. 5. Ottawa Senators 7

I make 1 or 2 posts a week tops. Sometimes they're gold, sometimes they're crap, but the end weight is the same.

http://www.letsgowin...tion=boardrules

#39 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 08:12 PM

Western Conference

1. San Jose Sharks vs. 8. Colorado Avalanche San Jose in 6

2. Chicago Blackhawks vs. 7. Nashville Predators Preds in 7

3. Vancouver Canucks vs. 6. Los Angeles Kings Vancouver in 6

4. Phoenix Coyotes vs. 5. Detroit Red Wings Red Wings in 5

Eastern Conference

1. Washington Capitals vs. 8. Montreal Canadiens Caps in 5

2. New Jersey Devils vs. 7. Philadelphia Flyers NJ in 6

3. Buffalo Sabers vs. 6. Boston Bruins Bruins in 7

4. Pittsburgh Penguins vs. 5. Ottawa Senators Penguins in 7
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#40 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 08:20 PM

East:

WSH/MTL - 4
NJD/PHI - 5
BUF/BOS - 6
PIT/OTT - 5

West:

SJS/COL- 4
CHI/NSH- 6
VAN/LAK - 6
PHX/DET - 5
In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.