• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Icesurfer

Will Buttman try to fix the playoffs?

Rate this topic

So we all know by now that Buttman is trying to save the Phoenix franchise. And we all know that the Red Wing-Phoenix matchup will bring a ton of money into Phoenix and the franchise.

So how far will Buttman and his cronies go to try to fix the games so it goes 7 full games?

We know that Phoenix does not score a ton of goals as they have relied on the shootout to put them where they are.

So we just may see a lot of bad penalty calls and power plays for the Coyotes.

IMHO, if we see Screw-You-LaRue, Way-To-Go-Leggo, Me-An-Ian-Walsh, Blunder-Land-Sutherland, Marc-Joanie-Cronie and Sad-Brad-Watson as the refs, especially at Jobing.com Arena, I think I would be highly suspicious.

Edited by Icesurfer

Guest Howard He Do It?!

The playoffs haven't even started. Hell, the regular season isn't even over and you are already complaining about the officiating? Unbelievable.

And I will bet there was NOT one person on this board last year who was NOT upset with this call last year. That Duck series last year, IMHO, cost the Wings the cup because it was long, exhausting and injury causing:

STORY:

"Detroit-Anaheim: Red Wings Robbed"

Zac Herr by

Zac Herr

Contributor Written on May 06, 2009

ANAHEIM, CA - MAY 05: Goaltender Jonas Hiller #1 and James Wisniewski #34 of the Anaheim Ducks defend the goals against Tomas Holmstrom #96 of the Detroit Red Wings during Game Three of the Western Conference Semifinal Round of the 2009 Stanley Cup Playoffs at the Honda Center on May 5, 2009 in Anaheim, California. (Photo by Kevork Djansezianl/Getty Images) (Photo by Kevork Djansezianl/Getty Images)

As I wrote in my last article, I want to see the playoffs called more evenly. The Pittsburgh Penguins aren't the only ones that have lost out because of the bad refereeing throughout the playoffs.

Now the reigning Stanley Cup Champs are being subjected to bad calls. In Game Three of the Detroit-Anaheim series, the Wings were burned several times by bad calls.

Not only did the refs miss obvious penalties on Tomas Holmstrom, but they disallowed a great—potentially game-tying—goal by Marian Hossa with just over one minute to play.

The missed calls on Holmstrom don't make me that angry. I know that he works in front of the goalie, and that the refs will try to protect the goalie as much as possible.

But the calls they missed are so obvious that someone sitting in the nosebleeds could have called them. Just look at the picture where Holmstrom is being cross-checked in front of the goal and you'll understand why.

But the most aggravating call of the night was the disallowing of Hossa's goal.

The ref made a bad mistake by blowing the whistle early—and he was halfway down the ice! Many times refs let plays go that should have been blown dead 10 seconds earlier to prevent such mistakes.

The NHL needs to do something about the bad referees this year.

Maybe send them back to ref school so they know how to call a game.

Maybe we need new referees.

The only thing that I know for sure is that the refs have blown two obvious calls—two days in a row—and have hurt teams because of it."

Sometime you need to look ahead!

Edited by Icesurfer

Guest Howard He Do It?!

And I will bet there was NOT one person on this board last year who was NOT upset with this call last year. That Duck series last year, IMHO< cost the Wings the cup because it was long, exhausting and injury causing:

STORY:

"Detroit-Anaheim: Red Wings Robbed"

Zac Herr by

Zac Herr

Contributor Written on May 06, 2009

ANAHEIM, CA - MAY 05: Goaltender Jonas Hiller #1 and James Wisniewski #34 of the Anaheim Ducks defend the goals against Tomas Holmstrom #96 of the Detroit Red Wings during Game Three of the Western Conference Semifinal Round of the 2009 Stanley Cup Playoffs at the Honda Center on May 5, 2009 in Anaheim, California. (Photo by Kevork Djansezianl/Getty Images) (Photo by Kevork Djansezianl/Getty Images)

As I wrote in my last article, I want to see the playoffs called more evenly. The Pittsburgh Penguins aren't the only ones that have lost out because of the bad refereeing throughout the playoffs.

Now the reigning Stanley Cup Champs are being subjected to bad calls. In Game Three of the Detroit-Anaheim series, the Wings were burned several times by bad calls.

Not only did the refs miss obvious penalties on Tomas Holmstrom, but they disallowed a great—potentially game-tying—goal by Marian Hossa with just over one minute to play.

The missed calls on Holmstrom don't make me that angry. I know that he works in front of the goalie, and that the refs will try to protect the goalie as much as possible.

But the calls they missed are so obvious that someone sitting in the nosebleeds could have called them. Just look at the picture where Holmstrom is being cross-checked in front of the goal and you'll understand why.

But the most aggravating call of the night was the disallowing of Hossa's goal.

The ref made a bad mistake by blowing the whistle early—and he was halfway down the ice! Many times refs let plays go that should have been blown dead 10 seconds earlier to prevent such mistakes.

The NHL needs to do something about the bad referees this year.

Maybe send them back to ref school so they know how to call a game.

Maybe we need new referees.

The only thing that I know for sure is that the refs have blown two obvious calls—two days in a row—and have hurt teams because of it.

The difference is that the debated occurred after the bad calls, not before the series even started. Surely you aren't that dumb?

Give the guy a break... You know this is crossing many of our minds right now. This is the one team Buttman would love to see succeed. I wouldn't go as far to say they would fix any games but playoff officiating is so horrendous to begin with I guess we will just have to wait and see.

All I am doing is ANTICIPATING and just trying to make it a FAIR series!!!!!!

You have no impact on this series. And just because you believe there is a conspiracy doesn't mean Bettman will do everything possible to screw the Wings. Please, just stop.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

All I am doing is ANTICIPATING and just trying to make it a FAIR series!!!!!!

After the fact ...... it is TOO LATE!!!!

You're complaining about bad officiating in a series that hasn't even started. That's not anticipation. it's crazy talk.

You have no impact on this series. And just because you believe there is a conspiracy doesn't mean Bettman will do everything possible to screw the Wings. Please, just stop.

Refs can read too!.... I think..... LOL. Doesn't hurt to put some ideas in someones head!

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Refs can read too!.... I think..... LOL. Doesn't hurt to put some ideas in someones head!

You're right. The refs that will be working the Wings/Coyotes series will come to LGW to read this specific thread and decide to call the games fairly because of your words.

That literally makes no sense.

You're complaining about bad officiating in a series that hasn't even started. That's not anticipation. it's crazy talk.

We all know that refs have a way of evening things out. And in that regard I think it is unlikely for the Wings to sweep in four games considering the aforementioned benefits to the Coyotes.

You're right. The refs that will be working the Wings/Coyotes series will come to LGW to read this specific thread and decide to call the games fairly because of your words.

That literally makes no sense.

Get real......this is NOT the only Wings forum..... there are many forums and a few that I read have already talked about it!

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Get real......this is NOT the only Wings forum..... there are many forums and a few that I read have already talked about it!

No NHL ref is going to read any sort of Red Wings forum. You get real.

And what exactly does that have to do with the refs? You're talking in circles.

They are not necessarily Wings forums.... they are general hockey forums..

This is Letsgowings.com not Letsgonhlrefs.com

Your point is mute, see how the series goes before you start complaining.

And based on previous playoffs I am sure this had crossed the minds of many Wings fans. And it crossed my mind mostly because everyone knows the NHL is trying to save the Phoenix franchise and everyone knows how a Wings series can resurrect a team.... especially if they happen to beat the almighty Wings!

Edited by Icesurfer

All I know is that the Coyotes are a very good defensive team that's well coached and has a goalie who's a legitimate Vezina candidate.

No one should take them lightly.

:siren: Go Wings! :siren:

Oh, and this type of conspiracy thinking is going to be impossible to ignore since the NHL owns the Coyotes and they employ the refs. That's why it's not ideal for the league to own a team-- it's a clear conflict of interest. Whether they do something wrong or not people will still have suspicions.

All I know is that the Coyotes are a very good defensive team that's well coached and has a goalie who's a legitimate Vezina candidate.

No one should take them lightly.

:siren: Go Wings! :siren:

Oh, and this type of conspiracy thinking is going to be impossible to ignore since the NHL owns the Coyotes and they employ the refs. That's why it's not ideal for the league to own a team-- it's a clear conflict of interest. Whether they do something wrong or not people will still have suspicions.

VERY GOOD POINT!!!! I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THAT!!!!!

Guest Howard He Do It?!

They are not necessarily Wings forums.... they are general hockey forums..

You're point is still ridiculous. No ref is taking pointers on how to officiate from hockey forums. Get real.

Edited by Howard He Do It?!

:scared: It took less than an hour.

I was just thinking to myself. about 20 minutes ago "With how many Wings fans believe in the 'NHL conspiracy against us' I wonder how crazy it will be here if the Wings lose to the Coyotes."

Now I thought that because every game has bad calls. It just happens. But since the NHL owns the Coyotes people are going to go crazy over every single one.

Granted in jest when I realized who we were playing, I said we were playing the Phoenix Bettmans. But it was in jest. This thread was 100% will Bettman fix the series and serious.

It took less than an hour to start. This is going to be one crazy series on LGW forums.

EDIT: Spelling mistakes and clarity

Edited by russianswede919293

So we all know by now that Buttman is trying to save the Phoenix franchise. And we all know that the Red Wing-Phoenix matchup will bring a ton of money into Phoenix and the franchise.

So how far will Buttman and his cronies go to try to fix the games so it goes 7 full games?

We know that Phoenix does not score a ton of goals as they have relied on the shootout to put them where they are.

So we just may see a lot of bad penalty calls and power plays for the Coyotes.

IMHO, if we see Screw-You-LaRue, Way-To-Go-Leggo, Me-An-Ian-Walsh, Blunder-Land-Sutherland and Sad-Brad-Watson as the refs, especially at Jobing.com Arena, I think I would be highly suspicious.

While the Wings have gotten their fair share of calls against them, they've gotten a fair amount of breaks this year, at least more towards the latter part of the season.

It's not so much the referees, but the interpretation of ridiculous rules like phantom interference or intent to blow the whistle. It's impossible not to be an idiot when stuff like this comes up because it isn't a clearly black and white rule.

The Red Wings have certainly gotten shafted a few times here and there, but they certainly aren't the only team. I'd lower the paranoid level.