• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

10 Minute Misconduct

Brad Stuart Appreciation Thread

Rate this topic

I wouldn't mind seeing a Lids Stuart pairing this season a little.

Ralf Kronwall is a decent pairing as well so it is not like the move would really hinder either pairing.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Lids Stuart pairing this season a little.

Ralf Kronwall is a decent pairing as well so it is not like the move would really hinder either pairing.

I think you have the right thought of splitting it up, but I think you're pairings are off...

We basically are molding Kronwall to take over for Lidstrom when the day comes and what better way for him to truly mold, rather than playing with him... also, Stuart is a very solid defensive defensman and adds the physical element that Rafalski sorely misses... plus, they looked VERY good together when Babs paired them up at the end of the season and really compliment one another...

I think if anything, it should go:

Lidstrom-Kronwall

Stuart-Rafalski

Back to the topic at hand though, Stuart fits here GREAT and adds exactly what we need from a 2-4 defenseman, he shouldn't be asked to play top 2 minutes, because he is his best at this role and fills it VERY well.

I really like Brad Stuart, he is so consistent and plays a solid game. He may not put up numbers but he sure as hell does play a good defensive game. Not to mention his BEA-U-TI-FUL game 7 goal against the Coyotes. He stole the puck and had that breakaway and scored. Man that pumped me up!

Stewie needs to get back to (in the most eloquent ways I could put it) rocking mofo's. I realize he was playing the entire year banged up but his game and all out effort back on the blue line is one of the more under looked parts of this team. Brings an edge like no other but yes him and Kronner need to be broken up. That pairing was real good for the last couple Cup runs but this year I would have to say we need to mix it up. Nick and Kronner Stewie and Raffi would be a nice fit. But Stewie is appreciated bottom line.

Guest Crymson

I really like Brad Stuart, he is so consistent and plays a solid game. He may not put up numbers but he sure as hell does play a good defensive game. Not to mention his BEA-U-TI-FUL game 7 goal against the Coyotes. He stole the puck and had that breakaway and scored. Man that pumped me up!

That was pretty awesome. It was also very amusing that Schneider absolutely got left in the dust.

I think you have the right thought of splitting it up, but I think you're pairings are off...

We basically are molding Kronwall to take over for Lidstrom when the day comes and what better way for him to truly mold, rather than playing with him... also, Stuart is a very solid defensive defensman and adds the physical element that Rafalski sorely misses... plus, they looked VERY good together when Babs paired them up at the end of the season and really compliment one another...

I think if anything, it should go:

Lidstrom-Kronwall

Stuart-Rafalski

Back to the topic at hand though, Stuart fits here GREAT and adds exactly what we need from a 2-4 defenseman, he shouldn't be asked to play top 2 minutes, because he is his best at this role and fills it VERY well.

OK you sold me!

I was not stuck on either pairing, but I think the Lids Ralf pairing needs a break, and while Kronner and Stewie are great together they are a little to similar and that physical aspect they bring is missing on the Lids Ralf pairing.

And I agree 100% Stewie is and has been a great fit here!