• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeytownRules19

Wings-Coyotes Official Schedule Announced

Rate this topic

Sorry man. That's why I study from home. ;)

If by studying at home you mean playing nhl10 while my books lay open on the desk behind me, then I do plenty of that too ;)

Edited by crotty99

I'm sitting in one of the "Quite Zones" at my university library.

I laughed out loud at this, you just made me an outcast <_<

ah, you poor bastard. i graduated last spring and i do not miss school *at all*.

although, now i'm working a third-shift job to pay back my loans, which means i'm probably going to miss most of the games (i'm off friday though...w00t!)

hmm...let's see. i work wednesday night, but my job allows me to have an MP3 player (with fm tuner) on at work...the only problem is that in GR 107.3 is the only local sports radio station, and i think that tigers games trump even playoff NHL games just because of ratings (which bums me out). tigers play at 1:05 wednesday, though, so HOPEfully that game will be on 107.3. friday i can watch live. sunday afternoon game = win. next tuesday with the wings on at 6.30 the tigers are not on until 10:10...so they might air that one, too! sweet! next friday might suck with the tigers being in texas and the wings on at ten. hopefully they'll at least join in progress...which sometimes they do and sometimes they have an hour of postgame instead of playing a live sporting event, which drives me crazy.

don't get me wrong, i love the tigers, and will listen to them all summer. but there's no way that early-season anything should trump playoff anything. i'd feel the same way in october if the tigers were in the POs and they had an early season wings game on.

now, if the whitecaps are on instead of the wings this spring WBBL WILL be getting an angry call from me. i realize more people watch baseball than hockey, but SURELY there are more wings fans in GR than whitecaps fans.

Haha, lucky for me, If I ever miss a game through work or uni no ones going to spoil it for me because no one cares!

...of course that's actually a bad thing. Wish Australia was hockey crazy..I can only dream.

Guest mindfly

And hawks starts friday, they get two more days of rest.... wtf is up with the scheduling?

And hawks starts friday, they get two more days of rest.... wtf is up with the scheduling?

It could end up being a good thing if they have a long series. It would mean they end later than the others. That means a tired West team in the next round, and they're not us.

Wednesday, April 14 at Phoenix, 10:00 p.m. TBA

Friday, April 16 at Phoenix, 10:00 p.m. TBA

Sunday, April 18 at Detroit, 3:00 p.m. TBA

Tuesday, April 20 at Detroit, 6:30 p.m. TBA

*Friday, April 23 at Phoenix, 10:00 p.m. TBA

*Sunday, April 25 at Detroit, 2:00 p.m. TBA

*Tuesday, April 27 at Phoenix, TBD TBA

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=524941

One good thing about this schedule is that it doesn't interfere with the NFL draft. 1st round of the draft is on Thur the 22nd, 2nd and 3rd round of the draft is on Friday the 23rd and should be over by 10pm or 11pm. And the last rounds are on Saturday the 24th.

Edited by Johnny Diamonds

yeah... 6:30 start?? how about the Phoenix tv audience... won't it be like 4:30 in the afternoon over there? what a joke.

No. That's 3:30pm in Arizona. We're 3 hours behind Eastern time zone until you guys move your clocks back in the fall.

Guest mindfly

No. That's 3:30pm in Arizona. We're 3 hours behind Eastern time zone until you guys move your clocks back in the fall.

Is Glendale AZ in the same timezone as San Jose, L.A, Anaheim, Vancouver etc?

It's not, but they don't observe Daily Savings Time so for the time being, it might as well be. Glendale is currently 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.

No but since they don't have DST like we do in Michigan, they are 3 hours behind and it seems that they are in the same timezone as the other westcoast teams

Guest mindfly

Thanks for the confirmation.. weird that AZ dont do the DST... cause i know florida does it and it's doooown south as well

Thanks for the confirmation.. much much better that AZ dont do the DST... cause i know florida does it and it's doooown south as well

Fixed. I've been in Arizona for 7+ years and love that we don't observe DST.

I guess Bettman is saving the back to back games for when we're against his favourite team AND injured. Too healthy to waste that trick on us now. :rolleyes:

They probably did but it won't change anything now.

No biggy, this team is rolling forward with a murderous 16-2-3 record. No need to mess with a good thing. :cool:

hopefully their next batch of games also go 16-2-3. i can deal with that.

From Toronto Star :

PHOENIX (4) VS. DETROIT (5): And here the fairytale season ends for the Coyotes, although it appears more likely they’ll be staying put in the desert beyond this spring. The Wings have lost only five games since the Olympics and were 8-1-1 in their final 10. Rookie goalie Jimmy Howard looks rock solid. If Coyotes goalie Ilya Bryzgalov can stand on his head the Coyotes might be able to extend the two-time defending Western Conference champs to six games.