• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

The Hart Trophy

Rate this topic

Personally, I think it'll be interesting to see who gets the Hart Trophy this year. There's no clear-cut winner like there usually is by this point.

Candidates:

Henrik Sedin - Art Ross Trophy winner

Sidney Crosby - Rocket Richard Trophy co-winner

Martin Brodeur - Jennings winner, 45 wins, 9 shutouts, 3rd in G.A.A.

Ryan Miller - Top five in almost all goaltending categories.

Alex Ovechkin - Top five in goals & points, team won President's Trophy

Who's it gonna be?

I really don't like giving the Hart to a goaltender, Miller should be happy with the Vezina. I don't think he was dominate enough to win a Hart like Hasek was.

Henrik was great, but I think the lack of goals might hurt him.

I think it's up to Crosby/Ovechkin in my eyes.

In my opinion it's between Sedin and Crosby. Leaning towards Crosby due to lesser skilled line mates.

Ovechkin won't win it because of his high powered team and superstar line mates. Also missed some games due to injuries and suspensions which won't help him.

I think Miller would be the favorite. Although I'd like to see a skater win it personally. Henrik has impressive point totals but i'm not so sure he is the MVP, especially when Daniel is just as important to the Canucks as Henrik.

I think Crosby has been brilliant, he has had to carry the pens goal scoring this year, which hes never needed to do before.

edit: confusing the twins

Edited by crotty99

I think Miller would be the favorite. Although I'd like to see a skater win it personally. Daniel has impressive point totals but i'm not so sure he is the MVP, especially when Henrik is just as important to the Canucks as Daniel.

I think Crosby has been brilliant, he has had to carry the pens goal scoring this year, which hes never needed to do before.

You got Daniel and Henrik mixed up....which is funny, because that's one of the reasons I think Crosby is more deserving than Henrik for the Hart.

I tend to believe that Crosby will get a lot of votes in large part because of how poor Malkin's year was (by his standards).

Crosby - 51 goals, 109pts +15

Malkin - 28 goals, 77pts -6

Gonchar - 11 goals, 50pts -4

I think Crosby's got a pretty good chance, but I still wouldn't be surprised to see Bryzgalov win it.

You got Daniel and Henrik mixed up....which is funny, because that's one of the reasons I think Crosby is more deserving than Henrik for the Hart.

Haha I did too!

That definitely strengthens the argument though :lol:

I realise that Daniel was injured, but still I think Henrik wouldn't be as nearly as good without him. I wouldn't give it to him.

Miller, Crosby or Ovechkin depending on the way you look at it. Ovechkin's team won the President's trophy, so obviously that's a positive thing. Miller was the best goalie in the league easily and has made decent team a great team. Crosby won the Rocket Richard and Pittsburgh have been good, he's also almost had the most points too. Malkin has been out so that gives more importance for Crosby.

It kinda depends whether the Hart is given to most valuable player to his team or the best player. Ovechkin obviously missed almost 10 games so that kinda makes his performance for impressive. Although by missing 10 games and the team still winning the President, I don't think he was the MVP.

They may give it to Crosby because Miller gets the Vezina.

I realise that Daniel was injured, but still I think Henrik wouldn't be as nearly as good without him. I wouldn't give it to him.

Miller, Crosby or Ovechkin depending on the way you look at it. Ovechkin's team won the President's trophy, so obviously that's a positive thing. Miller was the best goalie in the league easily and has made decent team a great team. Crosby won the Rocket Richard and Pittsburgh have been good, he's also almost had the most points too. Malkin has been out so that gives more importance for Crosby.

It kinda depends whether the Hart is given to most valuable player to his team or the best player. Ovechkin obviously missed almost 10 games so that kinda makes his performance for impressive. Although by missing 10 games and the team still winning the President, I don't think he was the MVP.

They may give it to Crosby because Miller gets the Vezina.

Ovechkin doesn't make my top 3 for the Hart...not the most goals, not the most points and if you compare his stats to his teammates, it's not like he's carrying the team on his back. I think he has a better shot at the Pearson.

Ovechkin doesn't make my top 3 for the Hart...not the most goals, not the most points and if you compare his stats to his teammates, it's not like he's carrying the team on his back. I think he has a better shot at the Pearson.

:lol: He's got the same number of points as your boy Crosby and one less goal in 9 fewer games? yeah, I thought so.

Ovechkin's ppg is 1.51. Crosby's is 1.35. Ovechkin has a +45 and Crosby has a +15 on a team that only had 4 more goals against than Ovechkin's.

Think about that-- the Penguins let 237 goals in and the Caps let 233 goals in. Yet Crosby is only a +15 compared to Ovechkin's +45.

It's actually hilarious that you would say Ovechkin's not in the top 3. Hilarious.

:lol: He's got the same number of points as your boy Crosby and one less goal in 9 fewer games? yeah, I thought so.

Ovechkin's ppg is 1.51. Crosby's is 1.35. Ovechkin has a +45 and Crosby has a +15 on a team that only had 4 more goals against than Ovechkin's.

Think about that-- the Penguins let 237 goals in and the Caps let 233 goals in. Yet Crosby is only a +15 compared to Ovechkin's +45.

It's actually hilarious that you would say Ovechkin's not in the top 3. Hilarious.

Oveckhin gets my Pearson vote over Crosby, but not my vote for Hart over Crosby...if you go by the definition of the awards. The fact that Ovechkin had the same number of points as Crosby in 9 fewer games doesn't really mean much when you are talking about an MVP award, in fact, if you look at what his team has been able to accomplish in those 9 games he missed, probably hurs his chances at the Hart.

Ovechkin has 8 points over the next best person on his team.

Crosby has 32 points over the next best person on his team.

I agree that by definition it's hard to call him MVP. However it's still an impressive indiviual performance, especially considering the games he missed. Then again you could always make the argument that he plays in a weak division...regardless I'd be shocked if he wasn't nominated.

Out of curiosity, who are your top three?

I agree that by definition it's hard to call him MVP. However it's still an impressive indiviual performance, especially considering the games he missed. Then again you could always make the argument that he plays in a weak division...regardless I'd be shocked if he wasn't nominated.

Out of curiosity, who are your top three?

Crosby

Ovechkin

H. Sedin

Ovechkin has 8 points over the next best person on his team.

Crosby has 32 points over the next best person on his team.

We're not comparing teams or teammates. You could use the same numbers to show Ovie makes his line mates better, if you wanted.

We're not comparing teams or teammates. You could use the same numbers to show Ovie makes his line mates better, if you wanted.

For an MVP award I think comparing team mates is very important.

That was Toby not me. haha

Haha, oh yea.

As long as you admit that the linemates improved output reflects on the main player...

Of course they will improve the players around them but it still takes a certain type of player. Backstrom would be a star center with or with out Ovy.

I just feel that the Capitals wouldn't fall apart without Ovechkin. Semin has 40 goals i believe?

The pens would have been in serious trouble without Crosby this season, throw Buffalo in the same category. No way they get 3rd seed without Miller.

Edited by crotty99