• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest DatsyukianDeke13

Draper and the Playoffs

Rate this topic

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

Does anybody think that Draper should/should not be in the line up come playoffs? State your case.

Personally, I would rather see Abdelkader with Williams and Miller than have Draper. I just don't see what he brings to the table anymore.

Feel free to add input!

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

Bascially the line combos we would have are as follows:

A) Abdelkader-Draper-Miller

B) Miller-Draper-Williams

C) Miller-Draper-Abdelkader

D) Miller-Abdelkader-Williams

For some reason I like the last option best

If Williams regularly produced in a fashion that he's (rarely) shown himself capable of - then I might sign a different tune.

As it stands, I'll take Draper's leadership, defensive responsibility, and skill on the draw.

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

After doing a little research, I found that Williams has never scored more than 1 goal in the playoffs....

You want Draper out yet you're fine with having Williams in? :blink:

This is where I lost the OP too. I agree that Draper has looked plain awful lately and on this team his position is becoming a little redundant with several players able to do it better, but over Williams? Williams has looked the worst on the team and DEFINITELY is not fourth line material. Scratch Williams for Abdelkader before scratching Draper, but Draper needs to pick up his game a lot.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

My preferred playoff lines:

ABW*-ABW-ABW

ABW-ABW-ABW

ABW-ABW-ABW

ABW-ABW-ABW

*ABW= Anyone But Williams

I loled

Draper has certain aspects you'd want in the playoffs from a fourth liner. Defensive responsibility, grittyness, experience, and leadership. These things are very key. He'll do what he has to in the situations he's put in. I don't think he will take over a game by any means, and his offensive output is down of course but when you need a line to stop that second or third scoring line it could be beneficial to have someone like that. Playoff hockey is a grind, williams doesn't play with that sort of extra effort that is needed. Williams just hasn't cut it during the regular season, and im pretty sure he won't in the playoffs. Fortunately the series will be won with our first 3 lines. That fourth line are role players mostly.

After the game yesterday Ken and Mick said chances are Abdelkadar will be in the lineup for either Draper or Williams

It's gotta be Williams. I just don't see Babcock sitting Draper right off the bat. True he's not quite up to par, but I think he'd rather take a gamble with Draper than Jason "I Can't Do Anything At All" Williams.

I would definitely rather see Williams out than Draper. He has just looked lost out there since the Olympics, makes weak passes, and skates himself into situations where he loses the puck. However, I would not be surprised to see both of them sat for perhaps the first game to bring in Abby and May to refresh those guys with the team style. Draper will only sit though if May's services might be needed.

You want Draper out yet you're fine with having Williams in? :blink:

that's what i was thinking. atleast draper brings speed and grit to the table...something which williams completely lacks.

williams out - abby in.

draper's an older horse, but he still wins races to the puck. williams, not so much.