• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
drewicho

Wings fan in Chicago

Rate this topic

Hey, guys. Anyone know of a place in Chicago that has a TSN feed for Game #4? There is NO WAY I'm missing a playoff game (haven't missed ONE since 1991). I know that the Tin Lizzie is a Red Wings bar, but is that my only option? Are they even going to have a Fox Sports Detroit feed (I've only been there for NBC broadcasts). Thanks, and GO WINGS!!!

I know the Avenue Tavern in Lakeview has been a Wings place in the past. If I recall, the owner is a diehard Detroit fan, but I ALSO recall that they didn't have Center Ice package and were showing the Versus or NBC games.

I always hear about Tin Lizzie but haven't ever been. The Gin Mill is another place that is friendly to Wings fans and shows games I believe.

Someone else probably knows better than I.

I know the Avenue Tavern in Lakeview has been a Wings place in the past. If I recall, the owner is a diehard Detroit fan, but I ALSO recall that they didn't have Center Ice package and were showing the Versus or NBC games.

I always hear about Tin Lizzie but haven't ever been. The Gin Mill is another place that is friendly to Wings fans and shows games I believe.

Someone else probably knows better than I.

Cool, I'll check out the Avenue Tavern. Thanks!

P.S. Everyone, it's hilario how scared the Chicago media and fans are of meeting the Wings in the playoffs.

Duffies is a bar i just thought of that had Detroit on, along with hawks on some of hte other tv's. Not exactly a sports bar but they might have it.

It would be hard to find a place not showing whats on versus unless you know that they are DET fans.

Does it have to be at a bar, because if not its pretty easy to see online through various different streams?

Actually, I'd prefer it to NOT be a bar (save some moolah), but I'm not sure if I trust a stream. We have a Mac at home. Any suggestions for a good, free stream? Or even a pay one? Thanks.

I use channelsurfing.net My computer runs fine on all the plugins and streams they have. Havn't had any viruses or anything. I've always had a good enough stream. I've had 1 bad stream but i've watched probably 15 games on it and it has been good most the time. So i'd suggest that one for a free one.

The Gin Mill is another place that is friendly to Wings fans and shows games I believe.

The Gin Mill is now Hi-Tops, but it's still a Michigan bar. It's right next to Bdubs in Lincoln Park

Actually, I'd prefer it to NOT be a bar (save some moolah), but I'm not sure if I trust a stream. We have a Mac at home. Any suggestions for a good, free stream? Or even a pay one? Thanks.

You can always check here in the GDT... there are always kinds folks to point you in the right direction!

I've been going to the Tin Lizzie for the last two years for basically all the playoff games. The atmosphere is awesome on gamedays and usually they'll have good specials. If my memory serves me right they usually put on the FSN Detroit feed for the first couple rounds.

I highly recommend it.