• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

Souray asks for trade out of Edmonton

Rate this topic

He hasn't been the same since Andreas Lilja punched him down to the ice last year.

He's a good defenseman who has a great shot, but his health is too much of a risk for anyone, especially since he'll be asking for a big contract like everyone else is doing.

He hasn't been the same since Andreas Lilja punched him down to the ice last year.

He's a good defenseman who has a great shot, but his health is too much of a risk for anyone, especially since he'll be asking for a big contract like everyone else is doing.

At $5.4 million for two more seasons, I'd say he's already got the big contract.

Sure he wants a trade. The good news for him is that the Oilers have most of their cap eaten up by a handful of bloated contracts next season and want to make some serious changes.

The bad news? Souray is an aging, one-dimensional, injury prone defenseman who makes 5.4 million a season for two more years.

Who's going to take him at that price? Any team that takes him will want to trade a bloated contract back...

Somewhere out there, Brian Burke has a hard-on.

Only if Edmonton wants to take Jeff Finger and Grabovski. Leafs don't really have room for a defenceman, though. Phaneuf, Komisarek, Beauchemin, Schenn, Gunnarsson and Kaberle (on his way out).

what about Chicago... salary cap doesn't matter to them...

That's true. They can use his leadership qualities and his bloated contract fits right in line with their idea of how the cap works.

Sure he wants a trade. The good news for him is that the Oilers have most of their cap eaten up by a handful of bloated contracts next season and want to make some serious changes.

The bad news? Souray is an aging, one-dimensional, injury prone defenseman who makes 5.4 million a season for two more years.

Who's going to take him at that price? Any team that takes him will want to trade a bloated contract back...

Sounds like a job for the Chicago Blackhawks!!

What about Boston ? i have heard a few tims now they might try and move Thomas no that Raask is there #1 and ive also heard Oilers want to make a deal with the Bruins for that Leafs pick and are willing to move almost anyone on or in that system....

To Oilers: Thomas and Leafs 1st Round

To Bruins: Souray,Cogliano and Eberle(good young forward which the bruins could use i realize they would be passing up on Hall or Seguin, but if Souray can stay healthy he would be a good 2nd pair D for them

What about Boston ? i have heard a few tims now they might try and move Thomas no that Raask is there #1 and ive also heard Oilers want to make a deal with the Bruins for that Leafs pick and are willing to move almost anyone on or in that system....

To Oilers: Thomas and Leafs 1st Round

To Bruins: Souray,Cogliano and Eberle(good young forward which the bruins could use i realize they would be passing up on Hall or Seguin, but if Souray can stay healthy he would be a good 2nd pair D for them

A Vezina winner and a top five draft pick? The only thing the Oilers have that could match that is their own 1st round pick.

A Vezina winner and a top five draft pick? The only thing the Oilers have that could match that is their own 1st round pick.

Yeah even without moving THomas i m not sure the bruins would do it. I actually do not think

Only if Edmonton wants to take Jeff Finger and Grabovski. Leafs don't really have room for a defenceman, though. Phaneuf, Komisarek, Beauchemin, Schenn, Gunnarsson and Kaberle (on his way out).

You're right, after making the post I was thinking of adding Finger + pick/player for Souray.

A Vezina winner backup goalie and a top five draft pick? The only thing the Oilers have that could match that is their own 1st round pick.

That's clever... Well, Thomas is both. He's not that valuable to Boston anymore, but he would be very valuable to someone else so they can still ask a high price of him. His numbers are still good this season, even though Rask outplayed him. There are teams that would probably like to have a goalie of his caliber. Imagine him in Washington.