• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#21 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:47 PM

What about Boston ? i have heard a few tims now they might try and move Thomas no that Raask is there #1 and ive also heard Oilers want to make a deal with the Bruins for that Leafs pick and are willing to move almost anyone on or in that system....

To Oilers: Thomas and Leafs 1st Round
To Bruins: Souray,Cogliano and Eberle(good young forward which the bruins could use i realize they would be passing up on Hall or Seguin, but if Souray can stay healthy he would be a good 2nd pair D for them

A Vezina winner and a top five draft pick? The only thing the Oilers have that could match that is their own 1st round pick.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic | | Mike Grier? |

#22 swiss_fan

swiss_fan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:49 PM

A Vezina winner and a top five draft pick? The only thing the Oilers have that could match that is their own 1st round pick.

Yeah even without moving THomas i m not sure the bruins would do it. I actually do not think

#23 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:50 PM

A Vezina winner backup goalie and a top five draft pick? The only thing the Oilers have that could match that is their own 1st round pick.

Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#24 CanadaBoy

CanadaBoy

The Red Wing Ring

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:54 PM

Only if Edmonton wants to take Jeff Finger and Grabovski. Leafs don't really have room for a defenceman, though. Phaneuf, Komisarek, Beauchemin, Schenn, Gunnarsson and Kaberle (on his way out).

You're right, after making the post I was thinking of adding Finger + pick/player for Souray.
But my most coveted thing is a high self-esteem
And a low tolerance for them telling me how to lean
See the most important parts are the ones that are unseen
The Wings don't make you fly and the Crown don't make you king
Now God don't like ugly, ain't too happy bout pretty
I am ignorance's enemy so stay out of the vicinity of...
~ Lupe Fiasco - Gold Watch

#25 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 04:00 PM

A Vezina winner backup goalie and a top five draft pick? The only thing the Oilers have that could match that is their own 1st round pick.

That's clever... Well, Thomas is both. He's not that valuable to Boston anymore, but he would be very valuable to someone else so they can still ask a high price of him. His numbers are still good this season, even though Rask outplayed him. There are teams that would probably like to have a goalie of his caliber. Imagine him in Washington.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic | | Mike Grier? |

#26 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 04:06 PM

What about Boston ? i have heard a few tims now they might try and move Thomas no that Raask is there #1 and ive also heard Oilers want to make a deal with the Bruins for that Leafs pick and are willing to move almost anyone on or in that system....

To Bruins: Souray,Cogliano and Eberle(good young forward which the bruins could use i realize they would be passing up on Hall or Seguin, but if Souray can stay healthy he would be a good 2nd pair D for them

There's no way the Bruins would trade that pick but I do think they might be interested in moving Thomas for Souray and something else. You make a good point.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#27 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 04:11 PM

There's no way the Bruins would trade that pick but I do think they might be interested in moving Thomas for Souray and something else. You make a good point.

They would have to get rid of Khabibulin who is signed through 2012-13 (just like Thomas is). Signing/trading for another veteran goalie with many years left in his contract is just what Oilers might actually do.

-- Mitch Albom

#28 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 04:16 PM

That's clever... Well, Thomas is both. He's not that valuable to Boston anymore, but he would be very valuable to someone else so they can still ask a high price of him. His numbers are still good this season, even though Rask outplayed him. There are teams that would probably like to have a goalie of his caliber. Imagine him in Washington.

But he's already 36. He won the Vezina last year, but if he'd be traded he would be two years older at the start of the next season. He's skills are declining rapidly. That 5M cap hit is obviously an overpayment as well.

I think he's far from that goalie who won the Vezina.
Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#29 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,750 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 06:12 PM

Sure he wants a trade. The good news for him is that the Oilers have most of their cap eaten up by a handful of bloated contracts next season and want to make some serious changes.

The bad news? Souray is an aging, one-dimensional, injury prone defenseman who makes 5.4 million a season for two more years.

Who's going to take him at that price? Any team that takes him will want to trade a bloated contract back...

Agreed.

Apparently he's not aware of the fact that his stock/demand for his services/trade value are at an all time low.

Then he goes off, and says he wants to be the 1st rat off that sinking ship :lol:

Not very sharp is he?

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#30 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 06:24 PM

I'd take him on re-entry waivers maybe.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#31 miller76

miller76

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:04 PM

Oh now he wants out of Edmonton who was the only team who would sign him to that over inflated 5.4 million cap hit, he claimed he was worth. Now that the team has tanked, he wants out. Fortunately for Edmonton Sourays NTC/NMC has officially expired with the end of their season. I wouldn't want him. To injury plagued as of lately.
lighten up people, it's the internet!

#32 Yzerfan1999

Yzerfan1999

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:26 PM

Oh now he wants out of Edmonton who was the only team who would sign him to that over inflated 5.4 million cap hit, he claimed he was worth. Now that the team has tanked, he wants out. Fortunately for Edmonton Sourays NTC/NMC has officially expired with the end of their season. I wouldn't want him. To injury plagued as of lately.

Did you read the article? There is a little more to it than him just wanting out, and the injuries have something to do with it.
When you lose, say little. When you win, say less.

--Thanks for the Sig. Offsides--

#33 miller76

miller76

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:42 PM

Did you read the article? There is a little more to it than him just wanting out, and the injuries have something to do with it.

I read the article and listened to his interview on xm 204 this afternoon.
lighten up people, it's the internet!

#34 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:50 PM

I'd take him on re-entry waivers maybe.

I'd love to get him on re-entry waivers. He's definitely worth 2.7 million... it's his full salary that's the problem.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#35 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:36 PM

[speculation]Pittsburgh?[/speculation]

Do you think?

I thought they were struggling to keep Gonch so how could they afford Souray?

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#36 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 10:17 PM

Somewhere out there, Brian Burke has a hard-on.

LMAO
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#37 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,698 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 10:36 PM

Andrew Cogliano is really having a horrible year.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#38 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 11:38 PM

Sure he wants a trade. The good news for him is that the Oilers have most of their cap eaten up by a handful of bloated contracts next season and want to make some serious changes.

The bad news? Souray is an aging, one-dimensional, injury prone defenseman who makes 5.4 million a season for two more years.

Who's going to take him at that price? Any team that takes him will want to trade a bloated contract back...

This is what I don't understand. Why don't players realize that by overstating their worth to such a huge degree they are actually hurting their future prospects?

If I were a player and I was after money I'd take short contracts. If I wanted to stay in a team (obviously a successful franchise where I'm happy) I take a reasonable amount for a longer term in case I ever want to be traded it would actually be feasible.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#39 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 03:02 AM

Chirelli or however you spell it has said he might move that pick(Leafs) if the right deal comes along they have been rumored to want to move Ryder and Thomas.

To Oilers: Ryder,Thomas,1st rounder(Leafs)
To Bruins: Souray,Eberle,Penner,Comrie or someone else

Don't forget Bruins have there other pick to i believe its like 13th or something like that, i seen today on TV they were saying the top 15 players in the Prospect rankings are all going to be good picks no matter the order. I realize ya they would be passing up on Seguin or Hall but they do have that other pick and a chance to make your team all around better thoughout the roster with one pick would be hard to pass up, if the rumors are true about the Oilers offering a big package like that.Either Way the Bruins will have alot of options with Thomas,Ryder,Chara ive heard also and the picks they have.

Penner-Savard-Lucic
Eberle-Comrie-Krejci
Sturm-Begin-Recchi
Thornton-Sobotka-Wheeler

Chara-Wideman
Souray-Stuart
Boychuk-Ference

Raask
Sabourin

Edited by king_malice, 13 April 2010 - 03:13 AM.

#40 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 08:50 AM

Souray isn't worth Thomas, and he isn't worth the Leafs' 1st. Furthermore, the Oil won't trade for Thomas when they already have Khabibulin.

Sorry, this is just a ridiculous trade idea. Maybe if it were Thomas from two seasons ago and the Leafs' 2nd pick, then I could see it.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."