74 replies to this topic

#21 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,871 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 05:47 PM

Well that's one way to say "not in attendance"

Well empty seats do appear to be "reserved" when no one is sitting in them :lol:

most of the idiots on that forum likely can't even afford to go to the games much less have the time to attend them. Those mall concourses and Burger Kings need swept after all :P
Don't take it from fans on LGW, take it from his peers. NHL players have spoken and they think Tootoo is the dirtiest player in the league.

Get a clue already.

#22 Lidstrom for life

Lidstrom for life

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 05:50 PM

Bring signs to the game. It doesn't matter what they say because they aren't to show support, but just in case you have Wing fans behind you you can totally ruin their game experience and discourage them from coming to future games.

Wow. Just wow.
credits to hobbit-face for my icon.

#23 finalfilppula

finalfilppula

Happy Together

• PipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 05:55 PM

at the same time, we shouldn't kid ourselves: idiot fans Do exist in detroit. hell, they exist in every fan base. we just need to purge them and we'd have a lot less trouble.

#24 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,337 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 05:56 PM

Was at a Red Wings/Yotes game in Glendale 4 years ago...75% of the sold-out crowd were Red Wing fans...'Nuff said.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#25 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 05:56 PM

Do you work at the beer stand at the arena? When you see a Wings Jersey the taps are suddenly all malfunctioning. All you have left is Fresca

Posted Image

Edited by Konnan511, 12 April 2010 - 05:57 PM.

The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#26 dobbles

dobbles

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 06:04 PM

have you guys never heard of sarcasm? while it wasn't laugh out loud funny, some of them were decent for a smirk. i didn't read the comments to see how dumb the fans are, but the article itself seemed pretty innocent.

though as someone else noted, the part about holmstrom was super stupid as it wasn't his stick. stuff has to make sense to be funny, and that part didnt make sense.

I love Maltby, but to say he wasn't a ****** is a dis-service to his career of douchebaggery.

#27 Creasemonkey

Creasemonkey

Goaltender for Hire

• HoF Booster
  • 487 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 06:21 PM

All jokes aside, first mofo that tries getting silly with my Lidstrom jersey is going to see some right hands thrown like you'd never expect from #5, and if a sign comes up in my face its getting launched like a frisbee. I'm not there to be nasty to their fans, I have no intention of walking in there cocky or doing anything other than cheering my team on. I'm a pretty humble and nice guy...til you do something stupid. It's not the guy who wrote it that concerns me...there are bound to be a few, shall we say "simple" people with that article on their minds Wednesday, however.

#28 Mors

Mors

The Red Death

• HoF Booster
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 06:26 PM

The comments are even more ridiculous than the article written by some 14 year old internet toughguy

"i donít care if we lose game one, as long as we take every redwings star player and murder them."

...really man?

Where were all these super fans when the Coyotes were ranking last in attendance all season?

#29 RedWingAbner

RedWingAbner

My Loony Bun Is Fine, Benny Lava

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 06:42 PM

I think it's absolutely amazing that the Coyotes HAVE a devoted blogger.

How old is the site? Was it just created?

Can we just stop, Phoenix? Wasn't it a "Save the Coyotes" pep rally that produced 250 people last year? Come-*******-on. It would be cute for them to win a series if the "fanbase" wasn't so much the epitome of "bandwagon."

#30 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 06:44 PM

I will praise the man or woman as a god/goddess who throws an octopus on the ice in Glendale. You may get kicked out so you could wait til the end but if it was during a time when the cameras are rolling aka the National Anthem... Yotes fans would be sooo pissed haha especially this guy.

#31 stormboy

stormboy

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 06:50 PM

oh boo hoo. i like how we can post pictures of dogs getting run over and then judge someone else for being unclassy for writing a blog that is designed to hype people for a hockey game.

go wings.

#32 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 06:52 PM

do you people actually care

Posted Image

#33 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,418 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 06:52 PM

seriously the only team that we won't hear the empty seat argument from all playoff series long. As I doubt the yote fan will show up to this forum.

Edited by Opie, 12 April 2010 - 06:53 PM.

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#34 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 06:56 PM

do you people actually care

Posted Image

#35 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,247 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 06:59 PM

I like that this is the best someone can come up with for an edited picture, it was so stupid that another fan had to ask what exactly was hanging from the large rat's mouth....

[attachment=2451:Untitled-1.jpg]

I also wonder if the fans out there know how bad our Coyote problem is getting, so bad that some landowners have been told they can shoot them when seen! I think we have more Coyotes rummaging through garbage cans in Michigan than they have fans in Arizona. Don't worry Phoenix, the Cardinals will be starting training camp in August...

Laugh it up, delete it all, I'll be laughing when it happens! -4/17/14

#36 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,418 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 06:59 PM

what do YOU mean YOU people!

Sorry couldn't resist. I know it was a known joke but I had to.

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#37 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:02 PM

hey hey hey i hope henrik zetterberg falls and hurts his knee!

lol,
that was a good one, right guys?

well show that what a powerful fan base we have. uncle gary even helped us out this season, if(when) we will the Cup, does his name get put on it?

#38 wmubronco420

wmubronco420

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:08 PM

ahhhh... its good to have playoff hockey back

Posted Image

#39 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,876 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:33 PM

Wow, that's sad!

Yea wouldn't there be more Red Wings fans there than Coyotes fans? I think we'll be seeing more red than white in the crowd there.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#40 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,876 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:46 PM

Of all the western conference first round matchups, this is the most vicious.

i donít care if we lose game one, as long as we take every redwings star player and murder them.

Detroitís been mediocre all year, and once their stars came back, they gaained steam. Best way to end steam? Put out the fire.

I am concerned with the Wings fans that might attend the playoff games. I may end up in jail. This is our time to claim our barn. Iíll be damned if we are overrun with the douchiest fans in the league, in our stadium.

I hope you hear me, Wings fans. Show up during our moment to pull your regular holier-than-thou, youíre gonna get hit. I will personally rip the jerseys from your carcasses and burn them in effigy while urinating on them at the gates.

Wear your ugly, Original Six toiletries into my barn. Iím ready to wipe my ass.

I like my goals like I like my booze..... Top shelf.

by GhostOfLinkGaetz on Apr 11, 2010 4:15 PM MST reply actions 0 recs

Loser!
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons