45 replies to this topic

#1 CupChamps979802

CupChamps979802

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:08 PM

Link

It has been trending on twitter and has even gotten attention from the Media...

Discuss!
Posted Image

#2 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:22 PM

Link

It has been trending on twitter and has even gotten attention from the Media...

Discuss!

From the comments:

Do it, they wont throw out the entire arena

Of course not. Why would all those Wings fans be throwing snakes?

Oh, they meant the 250 Coyotes fans. My mistake.

Edited by edicius, 12 April 2010 - 07:22 PM.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#3 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:22 PM

How many Octopi throwing knockoff's will have to get swept in the playoffs until they shut up?

#4 Creasemonkey

Creasemonkey

Goaltender for Hire

• HoF Booster
  • 487 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:30 PM

If they had any clue what the octopus toss originally stood for, perhaps they'd change their minds about using an animal that looks like a one. I don't even want them to win that many, but hey, if tossing a snake gets them their one playoff victory and a bunch of their fans kicked out of the arena Wednesday, well I guess they've proved their point.

#5 2guns

2guns

Rookie

• Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:34 PM

We can only hope some toolbags stuff live rattlesnakes down their pants attempting to smuggle them into the game.

#6 Four

Four

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:34 PM

Let them throw it, we'll throw more.

O.o

#7 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:44 PM

As a python breeder I'm just happy they plan on using plastic snakes instead of dead ones.

Oh, and it's funny that they think the issue is that they'd be thrown out. The NHL has had a rule for this since the crazy rat throwing incident in the Panthers-Aves finals and the result is that the home team would be assessed a minor penalty for delay of game.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#8 2guns

2guns

Rookie

• Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:46 PM

As a python breeder I'm just happy they plan on using plastic snakes instead of dead ones.

I used to breed carpets, jungle carpets, green trees and piebald balls.

Now I live in prairie and western diamondback rattlesnake country and lemme tell ya, people have no respect for snakes.

So, +1 for at least they're plastic.

#9 Four

Four

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:47 PM

If we throw dead octopus, it's only fair they throw dead snakes? :P

O.o

#10 Jedi

Jedi

In this town of Halloween...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,818 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:50 PM

I used to breed carpets...

I know you mean Carpet Pythons, but the mental image of breeding actual CARPETS... :blink:

Let them throw all the snakes they want. They won't laugh after they get called for penalty after penalty for delay of game.

y4m8.png
"Come with us and you will see, this our town of Halloween..."

#11 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:52 PM

I used to breed carpets, jungle carpets, green trees and piebald balls.

Now I live in prairie and western diamondback rattlesnake country and lemme tell ya, people have no respect for snakes.

So, +1 for at least they're plastic.

I could use some piebalds! I breed ball pythons but I don't have much in the way of recessives. Pieds always fetch a great price.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#12 robat

robat

PAVELTECHNO

• Bronze Booster
  • 678 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:56 PM

The snake signifies the 1 playoff victory they will have!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:06 PM

All those wannabes in other cities need to realize you can't just make up a tradition because you'er bored, it takes time and has to stand for something.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#14 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:27 PM

All those wannabes in other cities need to realize you can't just make up a tradition because you'er bored, it takes time and has to stand for something.

Why? Just because Detroit is an Original Six franchise with "history" and "tradition" doesn't mean other teams, or new teams, can't have their own deals as well? We have to dump on them for trying to develop their own traditions or ideas? Let them have their fun. If it encourages fan participation and doesn't hurt anybody, let the idea go forward.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan, 12 April 2010 - 08:27 PM.

#15 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,075 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:38 PM

Some Wings fan should toss a snake out there after its already happened and help the Wings get a 2 minute power play :)

#16 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:40 PM

I could use some piebalds! I breed ball pythons but I don't have much in the way of recessives. Pieds always fetch a great price.

I have a ball python named The Mule. I wouldn't mind a piebald as well!

The Yotes are excited and thats a good thing, but what a sorry attempt at tradition.
Posted Image

#17 Four

Four

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:47 PM

Some Wings fan should toss a snake out there after its already happened and help the Wings get a 2 minute power play :)

Win.

O.o

#18 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:48 PM

Why? Just because Detroit is an Original Six franchise with "history" and "tradition" doesn't mean other teams, or new teams, can't have their own deals as well? We have to dump on them for trying to develop their own traditions or ideas? Let them have their fun. If it encourages fan participation and doesn't hurt anybody, let the idea go forward.

I think tradition has to come about naturally, and not just be made up because fans want to throw junk on the ice.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#19 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:51 PM

I think tradition has to come about naturally, and not just be made up because fans want to throw junk on the ice.

Gotcha, that's cool.

They got to start somewhere though, whether in the grand scheme of things or ideas don't work out in the end. When you start from pretty much scratch, there are very rarely any bad ideas. And some of your best money makers or ideas is just simply doing something similar that another person/group does, and just slightly altering it to whom you are trying to promote to. Nothing wrong with that.

I know it's hate Phoenix for the next 2 weeks but I'm all for fan bases trying to have fun and encourage participation as long as they do it without being degrading or hurting people or whatever. Don't see a problem in them doing this.

#20 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:03 PM

Gotcha, that's cool.

They got to start somewhere though, whether in the grand scheme of things or ideas don't work out in the end. When you start from pretty much scratch, there are very rarely any bad ideas. And some of your best money makers or ideas is just simply doing something similar that another person/group does, and just slightly altering it to whom you are trying to promote to. Nothing wrong with that.

I know it's hate Phoenix for the next 2 weeks but I'm all for fan bases trying to have fun and encourage participation as long as they do it without being degrading or hurting people or whatever. Don't see a problem in them doing this.

I don't see a problem with what their doing, and more fan participation will only grow the sport.

I just wish they would think of something a little more original and thats true to their team and fan base.