• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Anyone else missing McCarty?

Rate this topic

As they playoffs near,I can't help but think about playoff heroes from the past such as Darren McCarty.Detroit just doesn't seem the same without him.As long as i can remember,its always been McCarty,Maltby,and Draper being heavily relied upon to provide grit and stellar defense especially come playoff time.Anyone else miss D-Mac?

Yeah, I miss him. And Konstantinov. And Yzerman. The list goes on.

The worst thing is Konstantinov could still be playing. That might be stretching it because he is 43 now but who knows. At least he could have played until the '08 cup maybe? Ugh... :(

The worst thing is Konstantinov could still be playing. That might be stretching it because he is 43 now but who knows. At least he could have played until the '08 cup maybe? Ugh... :(

I often wonder where he would stand compared to Lids had he not been in that accident. They have/had their own strengths but nobody can deny Konstantinov's defensive ability. +60 in a single season is no fluke.

I miss those days in general. He was the hero from my childhood. And it's weird to think that my little cousins are going to grow up in an era where their childhood hockey heroes are Zetterberg, Datsyuk, and Franzen. Not that they aren't hero-worthy or that I don't love these guys too. It's just weird. It just makes me officially old that I can say to them "Man, you should have been alive during the Yzerman/McCarty/Shanahan days" because I sound like my parents now. But that's the way it goes I guess.

Ah, so many memories. It's a bygone era though. :(

That's how I feel, too. Of course I miss all the great Wings of years past - but I'm loving this team.

(with a couple exceptions)

I really can't add anything to what's already been said here, and most of it's been said so well. McCarty and Konstantinov especially will always be alive in my memories of past Wings' glory. And yeah, I too feel older remembering them and their contributions. On the other hand, I was "there", and NObody can ever take those brilliant and shining memories from me. Those two specifically, plus the Russian Five's play will forever be enshrined in my brain cells. :)

Guest mindfly

Imagine if they had a old konstantinov in a reduced role (he was a warrior... 42years old no problem) and fischer never had a hard problem

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Fischer

Stuart-Konstantinov

Hard On... f*** yes... no team would score on detroit...

Edited by mindfly

Too many guys who I miss. I love the team now, but the team of my youth can never be replaced.

D-Mac was my favorite player growing up, and he scored one of, if not THE, greatest goals of all time against Philly.

I miss the D-Mac of old, he played with heart and grit up until the end, I'm really glad that he seemed to salvage his career and was able to finish up in Detroit. I hope his post-hockey career continues to go well, I enjoy seeing him on Versus.