• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
titanium2

Top 20 Plays with Datsyuk & Zetterberg

Rate this topic

I might as well ask the question here instead of starting a new thread.

Everybody's got a suggestion about what the Wings should or should not do. How about reuniting the Euro Twins? They didn't play together all that much this past regular season and the Zetterberg line has been good. However, I think Datsyuk can get a spark from Zetterberg and that Filppula's confidence is good enough for him to play center again. I can't really come up with great reasons for Babs to do this but I just wanted to know what everyone else thought.

Putting them together might get Pavel going, but right now Hank is driving the bus and they're already getting good contributions from his line. They need scoring from another line, so unless they catch lightning in a bottle from somewhere else like last year with Franzen-Flip-Hossa, I don't know that it would help too much.

Putting them together might get Pavel going, but right now Hank is driving the bus and they're already getting good contributions from his line. They need scoring from another line, so unless they catch lightning in a bottle from somewhere else like last year with Franzen-Flip-Hossa, I don't know that it would help too much.

Well if Babs were to put them back together then Z would definitely play center. I think Z is playing with confidence right now that it might rub off on Datsyuk. Fil and Bert are playing pretty confident as well and could help Franzen because he'll certainly get the puck a lot more.

Well if Babs were to put them back together then Z would definitely play center. I think Z is playing with confidence right now that it might rub off on Datsyuk. Fil and Bert are playing pretty confident as well and could help Franzen because he'll certainly get the puck a lot more.

You know, it's worth a shot. I really feel like they should have been able to produce with the lines they have if they played with more intensity, but they are where they are.

Shouldn't Zetterberg be the center though?

Also I'd rather have Franzen on the right side because of his shot.

Pav has been better on faceoffs lately though. And yes I guess Franzen should be on the right side. Whatever, the basic lines are what I want.

Pav has been better on faceoffs lately though. And yes I guess Franzen should be on the right side. Whatever, the basic lines are what I want.

That's true. I forgot about that. Pav should definitely be the one taking faceoffs regardless of whatever line he's on.

You know, it's worth a shot. I really feel like they should have been able to produce with the lines they have if they played with more intensity, but they are where they are.

I think so too. Even though they didn't look all that great this year.

I think a part of that has to do with the coaching. In 07-08, I believe that the Wings started with Pav and Z together did they not? That was when Zetterberg set the record for longest streak of games in which he recorded a point. He also looked like he was going to be in the running for the scoring title back then. In that time they were able to build a foundation of chemistry and they could play on separate lines later on but always go back to one line if necessary. Last year and this year they started on separate lines and when they played on the same line they didn't look all that great and a part of it I think is because they didn't build that same foundation early on. We always think that you could just put them together at any time and they'll produce but I think the chemistry between those two still needs a refresher or sharpening to start the season, not something to be hastily called upon in an emergency.

I know this will be the third thread that involves this goal and I'm sorry if that annoys anyone but I've been waiting a while to add a new goal to this list. Datsyuk's move was so great that it really overshadowed the awesome pass by Zetterberg. Like many on here have already said, "It was like he just knew where he was going to be."

Yeah I definitely want to see:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Franzen-Filppula-Bertuzzi

We finally saw these lines in Game 1. Thoughts, anyone?

I felt like they were fine I suppose. They did what you would expect in a first game together. Except for Filppula. I hope he's doing okay confidence wise.

Just poetry in motion. Way to go on this one sir! :thumbup:

#10 Kopecky had to ruin it by celebrating with them.

#2.... just stop.

Haha, ahh Kopy. Can't wait for his few flashes of being a scorer in the NHL only to be buried within 75+ games of blending in with the ice in more ways than one.

And as far as your view on #2, I have to disagree. I hope they do that all the time. Many things get boring to watch after a while but those two seemingly playing in a rink by themselves is something I'd watch for a while.

Overall it's always great to see this thread. We really have been spoiled as Wings fans to watch these two the past few years.

And as far as your view on #2, I have to disagree. I hope they do that all the time. Many things get boring to watch after a while but those two seemingly playing in a rink by themselves is something I'd watch for a while.

Sorry man I really was being :ph34r: with the "just stop". #2 was just pure filthy. I say that phrase sometimes in regards to Pav and Z when they do something. It is really something I could watch all day everyday from now until they make some more additions to this list next year. We can only hope having them back together and just playing their game that it will be just a beautiful epic large point season for both. In the meantime I have to say best thread LGW has.

/end asskiss

Sorry man I really was being :ph34r: with the "just stop". #2 was just pure filthy. I say that phrase sometimes in regards to Pav and Z when they do something. It is really something I could watch all day everyday from now until they make some more additions to this list next year. We can only hope having them back together and just playing their game that it will be just a beautiful epic large point season for both. In the meantime I have to say best thread LGW has.

/end asskiss

Hehe, much appreciated. I remember in 07-08 they really went on a tear to start the season. Some said that Zetterberg could win the art ross trophy at that time. I thought that occurred for many reasons. For one, they're great players. Two, they were healthy. Three, they were emotionally charged after that debacle of a series against Anaheim. Hopefully those two can find the same mojo to start this season. The Wings will need it.

I'm wondering if they should have some individual goals during the season or something. Like Datsyuk strives for 100+ points and to lead the Wings in points again. And Zetterberg really aims for his 50 goal year.

Hehe, much appreciated. I remember in 07-08 they really went on a tear to start the season. Some said that Zetterberg could win the art ross trophy at that time. I thought that occurred for many reasons. For one, they're great players. Two, they were healthy. Three, they were emotionally charged after that debacle of a series against Anaheim. Hopefully those two can find the same mojo to start this season. The Wings will need it.

I'm wondering if they should have some individual goals during the season or something. Like Datsyuk strives for 100+ points and to lead the Wings in points again. And Zetterberg really aims for his 50 goal year.

Hopefully they just keep the eye on the prize and use last season as nothing but a motivating factor to get their ass back where it belongs. Just keep those 2 together, I couldn't give much of a s*** less if its Ritola on the line with them. It won't matter, the other guy will just be better by being there. Clears can drive that net, Bert same, Homer same, whoever else its just that type of thing with those 2. I am just way too ready for TC to get here and just drop that puck.