• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
titanium2

Top 20 Plays with Datsyuk & Zetterberg

Rate this topic

I'm surprised to find this one ommitted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XAP_MsuTuA

Good call adding this one! Hank Ninjas four dudes on this play...then feeds Dats for the trick!!(priceless)

It's number eight. If your PC doesn't have a certain codec then it won't play. I'm really sorry about that. But for the record, it is on there. No way in hell I forgot about that one.

The thing I love about Dats is how fired up he gets when his teammates make a sick play. Number 1 obviously comes to mind but number 8 is the same type of thing. Typically if a player only has to tap the puck in, someone or multiple players on the other team made a mistake or got burnt. Dats (more so then others) seems to get jacked up when his teammates create a "layup."

As soon as I seen the title of this thread I thought of your number 1 video. I remember watching that when it happened and just being awestruck by the skill level of those two. It felt alot like watching Datsyuk put Turco's jockstrap in the rafters in the shootout. It's almost unfair but man is it ever entertaining.

As soon as I seen the title of this thread I thought of your number 1 video. I remember watching that when it happened and just being awestruck by the skill level of those two. It felt alot like watching Datsyuk put Turco's jockstrap in the rafters in the shootout. It's almost unfair but man is it ever entertaining.

I'm really hoping for Turco to sign with the Hawks :hehe: We light him up every time he steps into the Joe. We could probably create an hour long tribute video of the Wings (Mainly Datsyuk and Zetterberg) kicking Marty Turco's ass :thumbup:

Reunited Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg poised to deliver for Red Wings

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2010/10/reunited_pavel_datsyuk_and_hen.html

Zetterberg:

“Both mine and Pav’s goal is to win the Stanley Cup, but to do that we have to produce on offense and defense,” Zetterberg said. “We get a lot of ice time -- power play and five-on-five -- so we should be up there in scoring. But if we end up top five or top 15, I don’t think that’s anything we care about.”

That's something I wish was just a little different but ah well.

“I know how (Datsyuk) thinks out there, and he knows how I’m thinking,” Zetterberg said. “And Homer is doing his thing, creating space.”

Datsyuk:

“It’s helped us before, I see no reason it not help us this time,” Datsyuk said. “I’m happy that we, for first time, actually played whole training camp together. It’s nice, but we need lots of work, nothing comes easy. Now, there’s going to be lots of attention on us.”

Modano:

“They do things fast and up-tempo, a lot of give-and-go, and they both have the ability to hold onto (the puck) very long, move it well, pass well,” Modano said. “They do a lot of similar things. It causes some headaches. Playing against them, you didn’t know how to defend them. You had to pick one guy or two. It left everybody else available.

“They’re smart and they move well with the puck. That’s kind of a key. Some people lose a little bit of their speed when they get the puck. They do things with it — skating, getting shifty, losing checks, getting separation from guys.”

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2010/11/red_wings_top_line_of_pavel_da.html

Red Wings' top line of Pavel Datsyuk, Henrik Zetterberg and Tomas Holmstrom having plenty of 'fun'

DETROIT -- Henrik Zetterberg is having fun playing on the same line again with Pavel Datsyuk.

The Detroit Red Wings are having fun watching Datsyuk dazzle opponents almost every game with his slick moves. Datsyuk is off to a strong start and surely is having more fun than he did last season.

"This is not my fun, it's our team fun and line fun together,'' Datsyuk said after scoring two goals in a 5-2 win against Nashville on Saturday. "It doesn't matter how much fun I have, I'm happy that I'm on a good team.''

Datsyuk has points in five consecutive games. He and Johan Franzen are tied for the team lead with six goals. He has 11 points, one less than Zetterberg, the team leader.

Datsyuk and Zetterberg each had 70 points last season. Both appear on their way to topping that total.

Red Wings goaltender Chris Osgood, who grew up an Edmonton Oilers fan, wonders how much more impressive Datsyuk and Zetterberg's point totals would have been during the NHL's wide-open offensive era of the 1980s and early '90s.

"I grew up watching (Wayne) Gretzky and (Jari) Kurri, those two can both pass, so I compare Pav and Z to them,'' Osgood said. "Different era, but kind of the same combination. Obviously, (Gretzky and Kurri) are going to get more points. The game was a lot more wide open, not as good defensively back in the '80s.

"But if you handicap that, those two (Datsyuk and Zetterberg) would have just as many points in the '80s as those two (Gretzky and Kurri), for sure.''

Datsyuk and Zetterberg formed the most potent one-two punch in the league in 2007-08, with 97 and 92 points, respectively. Osgood believes there is no better duo in the game.

"You can say (Pittsburgh's Evgeni) Malkin and (Sidney) Crosby, you say a lot of other guys, but (Datsyuk and Zetterberg) are the best combination there is in the league,'' Osgood said.

In order to dress two viable scoring lines last season, when the Red Wings were ravaged by injuries, coach Mike Babcock had to play Datsyuk and Zetterberg on separate lines. Now the team is benefiting from their reunion.

"They play so well together,'' Nicklas Lidstrom said. "It's hard enough to defend one of them, but when you have two of them on the same line, it makes it so much tougher to play against them.

"They're hanging onto the puck so well in the offensive zone that it's hard to get the puck away from them. (Tomas Holmstrom) is doing a good job screening and being in front. The other two are strong in the corners and finding openings.''

Babcock was particularly pleased to see Datsyuk take the puck to the net with authority on the play that resulted in his second goal Saturday.

"He's obviously real strong, he just knows how to play with and without the puck,'' Babcock said. "He's such a good skater, so confident with the puck and so strong and hard to get off of it, you can play him in all situations.''

Datsyuk said his line is happy to be "a little bit rolling.''

"It's a good thing when we have fun,'' he said.

Edited by titanium2

dz.jpg

Five weeks into the season, Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg are where they belong: Tied for the most points among Red Wings and among the top scorers in the NHL.

Zetterberg's overtime goal in Monday's 3-2 victory over Phoenix was his 12th point over the past nine games. Datsyuk likewise is riding a nine-game scoring streak, also with 12 points, after he assisted on Nicklas Lidstrom's tying goal against the Coyotes.

Monday was far from the finest performance of the season from the duo; they looked gassed at times but showed their superstardom in the end when they found a way to deliver. It's exactly what coach Mike Babcock was hoping to see when he decided to put the two on the same line, along with stalwart Tomas Holmstrom, at the start of the season.

Neither Datsyuk nor Zetterberg played like they're capable last season, even when the team was fully healthy. But this year they're off and running, tied with Lidstrom for the team lead with 15 points apiece.

"We expect it," Babcock said. "And I think it's energizing for them and it's energizing for us."

The Wings took Tuesday off, getting a well-deserved rest after playing four games in six nights, including the last two games 48 hours and 2,000 miles apart. Mike Modano was to spend the afternoon at the Mike Modano Ice Arena in Westland, receiving a key to the city from Mayor William R. Wild.

The Wings don't play again until Thursday, when they host the Oilers. After a brief slip in Vancouver, the Wings went back to their winning ways.

Their nine victories in 13 games have much to do with the performances of Datsyuk and Zetterberg.

"You know they're going to produce," Brian Rafalski said. "I mean, you just can't shut those guys down. When you put Tommy in front, it creates so much more room for those guys -- it allows them when they have the puck to get active, and that creates a lot of problems for the defenses."

As good as they are on their own, Datsyuk and Zetterberg always have looked better together, because they help each other thrive.

"It's no secret that we like to play with each other, and we haven't had the chance to do that from the start of the season in I don't know how many years," Zetterberg said. "We play the same kind of hockey, and both like to hang onto the puck and find the other one if he's open. And I think Tommy is doing a great job with us, too."

Read more: Pavel Datsyuk, Henrik Zetterberg have Red Wings energized | freep.com | Detroit Free Press http://www.freep.com/article/20101110/SPORTS05/11100443/1053/Sports05/Dynamic-duo-has-Wings-energized#ixzz14rohMVAk

Serious hockey question that I hope to get some real feedback on: How is it that Pav and Z suck on the power play now?

I mean, what is their deal? They couldn't maintain possession in the zone last night to save their lives.

Is it because they both want to play the same role on the PP or...? I mean, when Franzen was on the unit instead of Z, for some reason, they're at least able to pressure the opponent. Maybe because the units have more defined roles perhaps. I don't know. It's surprising to say the least and disappointing.

Damnit, Dats and his Russian techno.

Anyone else feel a slight letdown when Homer said that Z listens to soft country? I mean, it's probably not the only genre Z listens to but still... I would never imagine Z as a country fan. Maybe one that wears a shirt that says "FU TK" but barely even that.

Anyone else feel a slight letdown when Homer said that Z listens to soft country? I mean, it's probably not the only genre Z listens to but still... I would never imagine Z as a country fan. Maybe one that wears a shirt that says "FU TK" but barely even that.

I imagine maybe it was something folksy. Bob Dylan-ish or this: