• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#41 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 06:43 PM

Pav has been better on faceoffs lately though. And yes I guess Franzen should be on the right side. Whatever, the basic lines are what I want.

That's true. I forgot about that. Pav should definitely be the one taking faceoffs regardless of whatever line he's on.

You know, it's worth a shot. I really feel like they should have been able to produce with the lines they have if they played with more intensity, but they are where they are.

I think so too. Even though they didn't look all that great this year.

I think a part of that has to do with the coaching. In 07-08, I believe that the Wings started with Pav and Z together did they not? That was when Zetterberg set the record for longest streak of games in which he recorded a point. He also looked like he was going to be in the running for the scoring title back then. In that time they were able to build a foundation of chemistry and they could play on separate lines later on but always go back to one line if necessary. Last year and this year they started on separate lines and when they played on the same line they didn't look all that great and a part of it I think is because they didn't build that same foundation early on. We always think that you could just put them together at any time and they'll produce but I think the chemistry between those two still needs a refresher or sharpening to start the season, not something to be hastily called upon in an emergency.

#42 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 01:51 PM

I know this will be the third thread that involves this goal and I'm sorry if that annoys anyone but I've been waiting a while to add a new goal to this list. Datsyuk's move was so great that it really overshadowed the awesome pass by Zetterberg. Like many on here have already said, "It was like he just knew where he was going to be."

#43 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:21 AM

Yeah I definitely want to see:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom
Franzen-Filppula-Bertuzzi

We finally saw these lines in Game 1. Thoughts, anyone?

I felt like they were fine I suppose. They did what you would expect in a first game together. Except for Filppula. I hope he's doing okay confidence wise.

#44 jolly

jolly

Draftee

• 4 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 03:31 AM

I'm surprised to find this one ommitted:

#45 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 11:35 AM

thanks great Vid
Posted Image

#46 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 06:52 PM

Just poetry in motion. Way to go on this one sir! :thumbup:

#10 Kopecky had to ruin it by celebrating with them.

#2.... just stop.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#47 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 07:05 PM

Just poetry in motion. Way to go on this one sir! :thumbup:

#10 Kopecky had to ruin it by celebrating with them.

#2.... just stop.

Haha, ahh Kopy. Can't wait for his few flashes of being a scorer in the NHL only to be buried within 75+ games of blending in with the ice in more ways than one.

And as far as your view on #2, I have to disagree. I hope they do that all the time. Many things get boring to watch after a while but those two seemingly playing in a rink by themselves is something I'd watch for a while.

Overall it's always great to see this thread. We really have been spoiled as Wings fans to watch these two the past few years.

#48 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 07:11 PM

And as far as your view on #2, I have to disagree. I hope they do that all the time. Many things get boring to watch after a while but those two seemingly playing in a rink by themselves is something I'd watch for a while.

Sorry man I really was being :ph34r: with the "just stop". #2 was just pure filthy. I say that phrase sometimes in regards to Pav and Z when they do something. It is really something I could watch all day everyday from now until they make some more additions to this list next year. We can only hope having them back together and just playing their game that it will be just a beautiful epic large point season for both. In the meantime I have to say best thread LGW has.

/end asskiss

#49 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 07:17 PM

Sorry man I really was being :ph34r: with the "just stop". #2 was just pure filthy. I say that phrase sometimes in regards to Pav and Z when they do something. It is really something I could watch all day everyday from now until they make some more additions to this list next year. We can only hope having them back together and just playing their game that it will be just a beautiful epic large point season for both. In the meantime I have to say best thread LGW has.

/end asskiss

Hehe, much appreciated. I remember in 07-08 they really went on a tear to start the season. Some said that Zetterberg could win the art ross trophy at that time. I thought that occurred for many reasons. For one, they're great players. Two, they were healthy. Three, they were emotionally charged after that debacle of a series against Anaheim. Hopefully those two can find the same mojo to start this season. The Wings will need it.

I'm wondering if they should have some individual goals during the season or something. Like Datsyuk strives for 100+ points and to lead the Wings in points again. And Zetterberg really aims for his 50 goal year.

#50 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 07:26 PM

Hehe, much appreciated. I remember in 07-08 they really went on a tear to start the season. Some said that Zetterberg could win the art ross trophy at that time. I thought that occurred for many reasons. For one, they're great players. Two, they were healthy. Three, they were emotionally charged after that debacle of a series against Anaheim. Hopefully those two can find the same mojo to start this season. The Wings will need it.

I'm wondering if they should have some individual goals during the season or something. Like Datsyuk strives for 100+ points and to lead the Wings in points again. And Zetterberg really aims for his 50 goal year.

Hopefully they just keep the eye on the prize and use last season as nothing but a motivating factor to get their ass back where it belongs. Just keep those 2 together, I couldn't give much of a s*** less if its Ritola on the line with them. It won't matter, the other guy will just be better by being there. Clears can drive that net, Bert same, Homer same, whoever else its just that type of thing with those 2. I am just way too ready for TC to get here and just drop that puck.

#51 robb himself

robb himself

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:05 PM

great post man! I enjoyed every minute of it!
:siren: :thumbup: :siren: :thumbup: :siren: :thumbup:
be about it!

#52 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 11:40 PM

<br />I'm surprised to find this one ommitted:<br /><br />http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XAP_MsuTuA<br />

Good call adding this one! Hank Ninjas four dudes on this play...then feeds Dats for the trick!!(priceless)
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#53 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 11:46 PM

I'm surprised to find this one ommitted:

Good call adding this one! Hank Ninjas four dudes on this play...then feeds Dats for the trick!!(priceless)

It's number eight. If your PC doesn't have a certain codec then it won't play. I'm really sorry about that. But for the record, it is on there. No way in hell I forgot about that one.

#54 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 02:38 PM

Still one of my favorite posts. I just think they need to be kept together from camp on this year. Plug Huds at times, Clears here and there and Mule with them. Just roll with it Babs.

#55 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 03:01 PM

The thing I love about Dats is how fired up he gets when his teammates make a sick play. Number 1 obviously comes to mind but number 8 is the same type of thing. Typically if a player only has to tap the puck in, someone or multiple players on the other team made a mistake or got burnt. Dats (more so then others) seems to get jacked up when his teammates create a "layup."
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#56 Kronthewall55

Kronthewall55

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 03:23 PM

1. great job on the top 20 and thanks for this its amazing

2. all of these moments of zet and pav destroying marty turco makes me think if it wasn't for them turco would of been alot more of a sucessful goalie the last few years

#57 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 11:03 PM

As soon as I seen the title of this thread I thought of your number 1 video. I remember watching that when it happened and just being awestruck by the skill level of those two. It felt alot like watching Datsyuk put Turco's jockstrap in the rafters in the shootout. It's almost unfair but man is it ever entertaining.

#58 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 11:16 PM

As soon as I seen the title of this thread I thought of your number 1 video. I remember watching that when it happened and just being awestruck by the skill level of those two. It felt alot like watching Datsyuk put Turco's jockstrap in the rafters in the shootout. It's almost unfair but man is it ever entertaining.

I'm really hoping for Turco to sign with the Hawks :hehe: We light him up every time he steps into the Joe. We could probably create an hour long tribute video of the Wings (Mainly Datsyuk and Zetterberg) kicking Marty Turco's ass :thumbup:
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#59 Booster313

Booster313

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 12:12 AM

I thought 13 should be higher.

What kind of color is red? Red is a warning, a declaration, a color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and driven because red doesn't like second place. So what kind of color is red? Their kind.

#60 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 03:55 PM

I feel like I'm getting too excited about their reunion in my head wayyy too much.