• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#81 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 06:19 PM

They definitely had a pretty game against a depleted back end for SJ. For the most part they did what they had to do. They probably couldn't get away with some of that stuff against guys like Pronger, Chara, Keith or Doughty but it's always fun to watch.

No worries with your avatar. Quincey sure did stop playing good. So keep it up with the curse and what not.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#82 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 06:24 PM

No worries with your avatar. Quincey sure did stop playing good. So keep it up with the curse and what not.

Why... What are you talking about?

I was wondering if anyone would ever figure that out. I couldn't just come right out and say it.

#83 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 06:25 PM

Why... What are you talking about?

I was wondering if anyone would ever figure that out. I couldn't just come right out and say it.

Posted Image I almost responded with Quincey's stats then read the smaller font. LOL your tricks really do work!

Edited by HankthaTank, 02 December 2010 - 06:25 PM.

#84 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 06:39 PM

Posted Image I almost responded with Quincey's stats then read the smaller font. LOL your tricks really do work!

Well, we all have our crazy superstitions. Back when I was a huge NHL 95 or whatever year video game player and wanted to play a full regular season I would choose the team I hated the most and win with them. For the year '97 it finally "worked". I went 82-0 with Colorado. I just didn't feel any good juju if I'm playing the game and the team I love wins all the time.

Tricks? What tricks? I haven't the slightest idea what you're referring to.

This medication may cause some side effects, such as dizziness, insomnia, nausea and anxiety. It can also increase blood pressure, heart rate and body temperature. It should not be taken by anyone with kidney conditions, heart problems, diabetes or stomach ulcers, or in conjunction with antidepressant medications.

#85 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 06:43 PM

This medication may cause some side effects, such as dizziness, insomnia, nausea and anxiety. It can also increase blood pressure, heart rate and body temperature. It should not be taken by anyone with kidney conditions, heart problems, diabetes or stomach ulcers, or in conjunction with antidepressant medications.

Posted Image Damn it! That is the entire problem. I can never read this stuff!

#86 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 04:47 AM

Ken Kal talks to Henrik Zetterberg about his on-ice chemistry with Pavel Datsyuk.
http://video.redwing...tid=-6&id=87556

EDIT: BTW I'm perfectly aware that the links to the videos are broken. I'm currently trying to think of ways to make it better).

Edited by titanium2, 16 December 2010 - 04:48 AM.

#87 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 12:19 AM

I remember this goal quite well from the Fox Sports broadcast. Mickey Redmond got a little excited because he thought it was Robitaille that scored as that year was just one big slump for Lucky Luc. I definitely thought about this one and maybe it should be in the top 20.

#88 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 12:46 AM

I remember this goal quite well from the Fox Sports broadcast. Mickey Redmond got a little excited because he thought it was Robitaille that scored as that year was just one big slump for Lucky Luc. I definitely thought about this one and maybe it should be in the top 20.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wY6CWcCEqA

The announcer was right, I also think Zetterberg will make a fine addition to the Wings.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#89 woodrow40

woodrow40

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 01:21 AM

Damn I just uploaded that only an hour ago haha. Had a feeling it was the reason this thread got brought back up.

I wish I had more clips from the 02/03/04 seasons, then we'd have ourselves a top 30-40 list.

#90 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 06:25 AM

Damn I just uploaded that only an hour ago haha. Had a feeling it was the reason this thread got brought back up.

I wish I had more clips from the 02/03/04 seasons, then we'd have ourselves a top 30-40 list.

Oh it's you that upped those. You're awesome!!! Haha.

I have a tape of that goal/game somewhere. In fact, I have a whole bunch from 02-03 and maybe some from 03-04 but I'm not sure how to convert the VHS to YT. Any recommendations?

I remember those seasons fairly well. As far as highlight reel goals go between the two, I don't recall all that many. They had maybe a handful but many of those were either nice passes by Hull or someone else.

#91 woodrow40

woodrow40

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 01:45 PM

Oh it's you that upped those. You're awesome!!! Haha.

I have a tape of that goal/game somewhere. In fact, I have a whole bunch from 02-03 and maybe some from 03-04 but I'm not sure how to convert the VHS to YT. Any recommendations?

I remember those seasons fairly well. As far as highlight reel goals go between the two, I don't recall all that many. They had maybe a handful but many of those were either nice passes by Hull or someone else.

Well, what I do is I use a dvd recorder and have it setup to record what's playing on the VHS (or in some cases dvd player), and then I use a program called Winx Free DVD Ripper to get the clips onto the computer.

Unfortunately I didn't have centre ice back then so I only have a handful of games recorded from 02-03.

#92 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 03:06 PM

Well, what I do is I use a dvd recorder and have it setup to record what's playing on the VHS (or in some cases dvd player), and then I use a program called Winx Free DVD Ripper to get the clips onto the computer.

Unfortunately I didn't have centre ice back then so I only have a handful of games recorded from 02-03.

Yeah I guess I should get me one of those.

Does "I didn't have centre ice back then so I only have a handful of games recorded from 02-03" mean that you have every game from 03-04?

EDIT: Dang it. I just re-read your post previous to this one where you said you don't have any from that year... Right? I'm hopeful.

Edited by titanium2, 21 December 2010 - 03:08 PM.

#93 woodrow40

woodrow40

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 03:55 PM

Yeah I guess I should get me one of those.

Does "I didn't have centre ice back then so I only have a handful of games recorded from 02-03" mean that you have every game from 03-04?

EDIT: Dang it. I just re-read your post previous to this one where you said you don't have any from that year... Right? I'm hopeful.

I couldn't find anything from 03-04 :thumbdown:. That was the year UPN 50 stopped carrying the games so the only games I saw that year were ones that TSN/CBC/ABC showed, and if IIRC they lost half of them <_<. I was bad luck I guess lol.

I do have this though from the NHL Network.

Edited by woodrow40, 21 December 2010 - 03:57 PM.

#94 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 04:03 PM

I couldn't find anything from 03-04 :thumbdown:. That was the year UPN 50 stopped carrying the games so the only games I saw that year were ones that TSN/CBC/ABC showed, and if IIRC they lost half of them <_<. I was bad luck I guess lol.

I know I have the game where Yzerman scored at the last second against the Kings. But that's already on YT.

And no you're not bad luck. The Wings are something like 1-2-1 on Versus this year. Not fun.

#95 woodrow40

woodrow40

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 04:09 PM

I know I have the game where Yzerman scored at the last second against the Kings. But that's already on YT.

And no you're not bad luck. The Wings are something like 1-2-1 on Versus this year. Not fun.

Oh man I remember listening to that on the radio and going nuts. I kind of wish there was better quality video of it up though.