• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MTU_Huskies963

This sounds like a challenge

Rate this topic

Dan Bickley

Stay Away, Red Wings fans

A WhiteOut shouldn't be stained with pockets of red. The interior of Jobing.com Arena should not resemble Santa Claus with a bloody nose.

In other words: Stay away, Red Wings fans.

With the Coyotes hoping to win the franchise's first playoff series since 1987, this is an appeal to all hockey fans in the Valley.

If you're a Coyotes fan, resist the urge to sell your tickets for profit, even if you're leaving good money on the table. Already in Nashville, the marketplace has been overwhelmed by Chicagoans hoping to cheer their Blackhawks on the road. The Predators see their home-ice advantage slipping away, and they haven't even played a game yet.

If you are a transplant from Michigan, hockey is in your DNA. But you live in Arizona, and chances are, you've grown to love what the Valley has to offer. Well, part of the landscape is a hockey team struggling for survival. So do the right thing. Keep the Red Wings sweater in the closet, and cheer for the home team. Just this once.

Under normal circumstances, a former Coyotes executive said there could be up to 5,000 Red Wings fans in the building for Games 1 and 2. But this year has been anything but normal. And to abandon the Coyotes now would be shirking your civic duty.

For one series, capitalism can wait.

http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/DanBickley/78269

I guess wing's fan could wear away jerseys, but what would be the fun in that. :lol:

Civic duty, eh?

If you are a Red Wings transplant then you should root against your team because our fans won't support our team. Obviously, this is your fault - so it's on you to help us look better.

was the guy that wrote that note to wings fans crying when he wrote it? apparently coyotes fans are trying to be as lame and assholish as pens fans, what with the other topic that had yotes fans saying they don't care if they lose game 1 as long as they murder all the star players on the wings...

f*** the coyotes...wear red guys and girls, and wear it proud around those assholes.

as for the part about the struggling team, they wouldn't be struggling if they weren't still there. end of story.

Haha, that article trips all over itself. First he's telling (native?) Phoenix fans not to sell their tickets to any Red Wings fans to make money. That part I understand. But then he's telling Arizona residents (many of which are transplants) who own Red Wing jerseys in their closet to leave the jersey at home and not root for Detroit. Hey, how about this...if I'm ALREADY a Red Wings fan, I don't think your stupid article is going to root for the Bettman Coyotes, just because it would ruin your color scheme.

The sad truth about that article is that if you removed transplants (many of which happen to root for other NHL teams) from the equation, not only would the Coyotes draw about 2,500 fans a game, but 85% of the "Valley" would be unoccupied desert, since that whole state is built on transplants.

That is the dumbest plea I've ever heard in my life. It's like saying, "Hey, just forget your life-long allegiance to your team and cheer for ours instead...just this once (like that makes it any better)."

How would this guy react if someone requested the same type of treatment *against* his Coyotes? What a dumbass thing to write about.

I agree with everyone, it's obnoxious for him to ask people to cheer against the team they have loyalty to for the local team. It's stupid.

The 'just this once' makes him sound like he doesn't have much faith in his beloved team, though. I'm aware it's the first time they've been in the playoffs in a while, but it sounds to me like he doesn't see the opportunity coming again.

Man this handful of Yotes fans are giving themselves such a bad name already. Do they not see the hypocrisy in calling us douchebags, but then trying to rally as many people as possible to be douchebags to us? (this being directed mainly toward the other article.)

Edited by Nic

Man this handful of Yotes fans are giving themselves such a bad name already. Do they not see the hypocrisy in calling us douchebags, but then trying to rally as many people as possible to be douchebags to us? (this being directed mainly toward the other article.)

have you seen the guy on HFboards in action? He actually thinks WOJTEK WOLSKI is better than franzen.

Dan Bickley

Stay Away, Red Wings fans

A WhiteOut shouldn't be stained with pockets of red. The interior of Jobing.com Arena should not resemble Santa Claus with a bloody nose.

In other words: Stay away, Red Wings fans.

With the Coyotes hoping to win the franchise's first playoff series since 1987, this is an appeal to all hockey fans in the Valley.

If you're a Coyotes fan, resist the urge to sell your tickets for profit, even if you're leaving good money on the table. Already in Nashville, the marketplace has been overwhelmed by Chicagoans hoping to cheer their Blackhawks on the road. The Predators see their home-ice advantage slipping away, and they haven't even played a game yet.

If you are a transplant from Michigan, hockey is in your DNA. But you live in Arizona, and chances are, you've grown to love what the Valley has to offer. Well, part of the landscape is a hockey team struggling for survival. So do the right thing. Keep the Red Wings sweater in the closet, and cheer for the home team. Just this once.

Under normal circumstances, a former Coyotes executive said there could be up to 5,000 Red Wings fans in the building for Games 1 and 2. But this year has been anything but normal. And to abandon the Coyotes now would be shirking your civic duty.

For one series, capitalism can wait.

http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/DanBickley/78269

I guess wing's fan could wear away jerseys, but what would be the fun in that. :lol:

just a heads up to yotes fans, the white-out was started in Winnipeg so that tradition isn't even theirs either. i would know, the last season the jets were here they gave out white shirts before the game. the coyotes know nothing of tradition. they can't even keep their team in the same city in Airzona. if i'm not mistaken, they aren't even in phoenix anymore are they?

just a heads up to yotes fans, the white-out was started in Winnipeg so that tradition isn't even theirs either. i would know, the last season the jets were here they gave out white shirts before the game. the coyotes know nothing of tradition. they can't even keep their team in the same city in Airzona. if i'm not mistaken, they aren't even in phoenix anymore are they?

Lol the yotes are the winnipeg jets :lol:

jollymania, my thoughts exactly, why white out your home arena when your team is Red?

Wouldn't you wear red in support of them, seeing as every teams road jersey is a majority white!

Funny s***!

They should just focus on showing up!

they are still in Phoenix, they switched arenas because their current one is better suited for hockey.