• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MTU_Huskies963

This sounds like a challenge

Rate this topic

they are still in Phoenix, they switched arenas because their current one is better suited for hockey.

Interesting since I just moved from LA and listened to all the whining when the Angels changed their name to whatever. I believe I've read here that as part of the negotiations with Ice Edge or Dorf or whomever ends up with the team, the current arena owner the City of Glendale wants the name changed to either the Glendale or AZ Yotes. So technically, if they stay they will be moving.

I made the point in a comment on the article, but since the capacity at Jobing.com arena is 17,799 and the Yotes average 11,989 in attendance a game, if they sold out even one game this year, they likely had another game where they only managed to get 6,179 people in the door.

I've been to a box lacrosse game here in Washington state that had more people in attendance.

Great fanbase.

I think he knows that. He is probably implying a change of city and team name and everything should possibly render a new tradition.

pretty much what i was getting at. and the only jet on the coyotes is doan...though we would have liked lombardi on the jets all those long years back. i was a wings fan back then anyways, as i have been my whole life, but it was nice having a team to cheer for. the last days with selanne, doan, zhamnov, tkachuk, khabibulin, numminen and so on...not a bad team to watch. they went to phoenix and the whole team fell apart very quickly.

Dan Bickley

Stay Away, Red Wings fans

A WhiteOut shouldn't be stained with pockets of red. The interior of Jobing.com Arena should not resemble Santa Claus with a bloody nose.

In other words: Stay away, Red Wings fans.

With the Coyotes hoping to win the franchise's first playoff series since 1987, this is an appeal to all hockey fans in the Valley.

If you're a Coyotes fan, resist the urge to sell your tickets for profit, even if you're leaving good money on the table. Already in Nashville, the marketplace has been overwhelmed by Chicagoans hoping to cheer their Blackhawks on the road. The Predators see their home-ice advantage slipping away, and they haven't even played a game yet.

If you are a transplant from Michigan, hockey is in your DNA. But you live in Arizona, and chances are, you've grown to love what the Valley has to offer. Well, part of the landscape is a hockey team struggling for survival. So do the right thing. Keep the Red Wings sweater in the closet, and cheer for the home team. Just this once.

Under normal circumstances, a former Coyotes executive said there could be up to 5,000 Red Wings fans in the building for Games 1 and 2. But this year has been anything but normal. And to abandon the Coyotes now would be shirking your civic duty.

For one series, capitalism can wait.

http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/DanBickley/78269

I guess wing's fan could wear away jerseys, but what would be the fun in that. :lol:

It's pretty laughable that he thinks his team doesn't need the Wings fans' money. I'd love to see the official Coyotes rebuttal: "Wings fans-- please buy tickets and concessions! Pay for parking! Enjoy our excellent promotions. Please, we beg you-- bring friends as well"

How many fans are usually in Phoenix repping the Wings? It looks like it's half full of Wings fans on TV. Anyone know if there will, realistically, be more Wings fans than Yotes for games 1 and 2? I remember going to a Wings game in Florida when they played the Panthers, and there was twice as many Wings fans as Panthers. Good stuff.

The white out is stupid when the opposing team wears white.

I'm taking the other side. It does not surprise me at all that the Phoenix officials and big-wigs are begging for a white-out. In fact, it is perfectly appropriate and is the correct course of action for the higher-ups in the Coyote organization to push for a white-out.

You youngsters, with your new-fangled technology, may not know this, but we older folks clearly recall that back in our day there was nothing better than White Out for attempting to cover an embarassing f***-up.

Edited by 55fan