42 replies to this topic

#21 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 01:27 PM

Lol the yotes are the winnipeg jets :lol:

I think he knows that. He is probably implying a change of city and team name and everything should possibly render a new tradition.

#22 Creasemonkey

Creasemonkey

Goaltender for Hire

• HoF Booster
  • 487 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 01:28 PM

Where's this guy sitting tomorrow? I want to talk to him about this after I help him up.

#23 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 01:33 PM

The wings away jersey is white anyways, the whiteout fails when the colored jersey is the home jersey
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#24 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 01:38 PM

jollymania, my thoughts exactly, why white out your home arena when your team is Red?

Wouldn't you wear red in support of them, seeing as every teams road jersey is a majority white!

Funny s***!

They should just focus on showing up!

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#25 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 01:39 PM

just a heads up to yotes fans, the white-out was started in Winnipeg so that tradition isn't even theirs either. i would know, the last season the jets were here they gave out white shirts before the game. the coyotes know nothing of tradition. they can't even keep their team in the same city in Airzona. if i'm not mistaken, they aren't even in phoenix anymore are they?

they are still in Phoenix, they switched arenas because their current one is better suited for hockey.
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#26 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 02:20 PM

His plan is working, though....he's got us talking. just sayin.

How is his plan working? If anything, this ridiculous article is only going to further push Wings fans to wear Red to the games.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#27 Lovin Jiri Fischer

Lovin Jiri Fischer

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 02:48 PM

if you wings fans show up,
something bad is gonna happen.

The arena might get crowded. That's a safety hazard.

#28 TheWestWing

TheWestWing

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 03:20 PM

they are still in Phoenix, they switched arenas because their current one is better suited for hockey.

Interesting since I just moved from LA and listened to all the whining when the Angels changed their name to whatever. I believe I've read here that as part of the negotiations with Ice Edge or Dorf or whomever ends up with the team, the current arena owner the City of Glendale wants the name changed to either the Glendale or AZ Yotes. So technically, if they stay they will be moving.

#29 Theophany

Theophany

Mr. Norris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 03:55 PM

I made the point in a comment on the article, but since the capacity at Jobing.com arena is 17,799 and the Yotes average 11,989 in attendance a game, if they sold out even one game this year, they likely had another game where they only managed to get 6,179 people in the door.

I've been to a box lacrosse game here in Washington state that had more people in attendance.

Great fanbase.

#30 clutchngrab

clutchngrab

clutchngrab

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 04:07 PM

Here's a better idea: get the f*** out of Arizona.
Are you kidding? Block you? And miss watching you stumble around the forum looking for an argument like a dog sniffing butts? It would be like turning off a bad episode of Jerry Springer. You know you shouldn't be watching, but you just... can't... help... it...

#31 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 04:12 PM

It's not our fault your team isn't worth loving. Quit complaining.

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.

#32 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,610 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 04:13 PM

Looks like there might be some traffic chaos; a lot of people will be using this for the first time this season.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#33 NvrFrgtRussian5

NvrFrgtRussian5

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 04:46 PM

i can smell the bandwagon fans from here.....

#34 Third Man In

Third Man In

Ready to rage.

• HoF Booster
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 05:23 PM

I'm sure Wings fans in Phoenix will be sympathetic to this after the Coyotes organization has gouged them for years by jacking up prices for the Detroit games since those were the only games sure to sell out...

"When you're a Detroit Red Wing, you don't want to go anywhere." -Kris Draper
Duty Calls

#35 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 06:07 PM

Hey Dan....

Posted Image

Posted Image

#36 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,196 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 06:38 PM

I think he knows that. He is probably implying a change of city and team name and everything should possibly render a new tradition.

pretty much what i was getting at. and the only jet on the coyotes is doan...though we would have liked lombardi on the jets all those long years back. i was a wings fan back then anyways, as i have been my whole life, but it was nice having a team to cheer for. the last days with selanne, doan, zhamnov, tkachuk, khabibulin, numminen and so on...not a bad team to watch. they went to phoenix and the whole team fell apart very quickly.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#37 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,883 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 06:46 PM

I either want to see the place riddled with Wings jerseys ala regular season, or I want Phoenix to be very successful with their sell-out white out ambitions and redevelop the late 90's fanbase.

#38 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 08:10 PM

Posted Image

#39 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 09:28 PM

Dan Bickley
Stay Away, Red Wings fans

A WhiteOut shouldn't be stained with pockets of red. The interior of Jobing.com Arena should not resemble Santa Claus with a bloody nose.

In other words: Stay away, Red Wings fans.

With the Coyotes hoping to win the franchise's first playoff series since 1987, this is an appeal to all hockey fans in the Valley.

If you're a Coyotes fan, resist the urge to sell your tickets for profit, even if you're leaving good money on the table. Already in Nashville, the marketplace has been overwhelmed by Chicagoans hoping to cheer their Blackhawks on the road. The Predators see their home-ice advantage slipping away, and they haven't even played a game yet.

If you are a transplant from Michigan, hockey is in your DNA. But you live in Arizona, and chances are, you've grown to love what the Valley has to offer. Well, part of the landscape is a hockey team struggling for survival. So do the right thing. Keep the Red Wings sweater in the closet, and cheer for the home team. Just this once.

Under normal circumstances, a former Coyotes executive said there could be up to 5,000 Red Wings fans in the building for Games 1 and 2. But this year has been anything but normal. And to abandon the Coyotes now would be shirking your civic duty.

For one series, capitalism can wait.

http://www.azcentral...anBickley/78269

I guess wing's fan could wear away jerseys, but what would be the fun in that. :lol:

It's pretty laughable that he thinks his team doesn't need the Wings fans' money. I'd love to see the official Coyotes rebuttal: "Wings fans-- please buy tickets and concessions! Pay for parking! Enjoy our excellent promotions. Please, we beg you-- bring friends as well"
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#40 Wings_Dynasty

Wings_Dynasty

The Greatest Ever

• HoF Booster
  • 3,794 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 12:07 AM

Just for that I would paint my face red, bring one of those goal light helmets Posted Image, and wave a Red Wings flag.

"I think a tough team, a team that sticks together, is a lot better than leaving the onus on one guy to take care of business." - Brendan Shanahan

It still would be nice to have that one guy.