• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 NvrFrgtRussian5

NvrFrgtRussian5

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 08:58 PM

so I hardly ever hook up to xbox live. Well tonight I did because I wanted to update the roster in NHL 10.

Well I was due for a software update. Did it. Now all my games freeze. I have NEVER had a game freeze. NHL 10 won't even get to the main menu. THis is really f8king annoying.

Any solutions?

#2 NvrFrgtRussian5

NvrFrgtRussian5

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:19 PM

nevermind. RROD. Pisses me off. I literaly play my xbox maybe twice a month and for maybe an hour a time.

I can't help but think this had something to do with that software update. I have never had any freezing issues or RROD issues before this. Luckily I have a few more months on the 3 year warranty.

#3 UNOmar

UNOmar

Draftee

• 1 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 01:54 PM

nevermind. RROD. Pisses me off. I literaly play my xbox maybe twice a month and for maybe an hour a time.

I can't help but think this had something to do with that software update. I have never had any freezing issues or RROD issues before this. Luckily I have a few more months on the 3 year warranty.

I got the RRoD after the last update as well. I'm sure it's just dumb luck, but it is rather curious.
My 360 was well out of warranty but I got lucky and was able to fix it. :rolleyes:

#4 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 14 April 2010 - 03:49 PM

Just got my x-box back from Red Ring of Death (no warranty but they fixed it for free). You will probably get your x-box back in a little less then a month if you send it in.
hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#5 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 11:43 AM

solution: PS3.

/ end thread

:rolleyes:

Posted Image

#6 Zeowingsfan

Zeowingsfan

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:53 PM

I got the RRoD after the last update as well. I'm sure it's just dumb luck, but it is rather curious.
My 360 was well out of warranty but I got lucky and was able to fix it. :rolleyes:

I got something like RRoD after the last update as well, but it went away after I turned it off than on again.
The logo on the front is always more important than the name on the back

#7 Hossa4Life

Hossa4Life

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 12:53 AM

once this happened to me with nhl 09 there is a combo to put in to repair the memory hold on ill look it up.

alright so go into your memory and just sit on the storage device screen and input this code "Y X X LB RB X X". Here is a picture of where to put it in. It only takes a few seconds too.
Posted Image

But I must be off, I have some jerking off to do. Oh btw I like to consider myself extremely attractive and am proud of myself for being your intellectual superior as I am going to UofM next year, and I am a better hockey player than Crosby.

Posted Image

#8 NvrFrgtRussian5

NvrFrgtRussian5

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 12:36 PM

i sent the xbox in for repair. i wonder if they know their update is screwing up machines. not that they would care anyhow.

#9 Hossa4Life

Hossa4Life

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 05:41 PM

i sent the xbox in for repair. i wonder if they know their update is screwing up machines. not that they would care anyhow.

they dont care. They sent out a entire system that breaks every few months. I am on my 4th xbox. No exageration.

But I must be off, I have some jerking off to do. Oh btw I like to consider myself extremely attractive and am proud of myself for being your intellectual superior as I am going to UofM next year, and I am a better hockey player than Crosby.

Posted Image

#10 VanDer

VanDer

Irish Wing!

• PipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 07:21 PM

Maybe part of the problem is the fact that you play it twice a month. If it's lying around not being played then dust and dirt can get clogged up inside it
Posted Image

#11 Redwings-40-5

Redwings-40-5

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 12:49 AM

they dont care. They sent out a entire system that breaks every few months. I am on my 4th xbox. No exageration.

I understand that. I got a 360 when they first came out, and I went through at least 3 ( I think maybe 4) with another one about to break on me before I switched to PS3 about 7-8 months ago. I haven't had much trouble out of the playstation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users