• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game 1 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Coyotes 3

Rate this topic

no one is going to let may fight doan anyway. if any lineup changes its abby. and if we get whooped in game 2 then id like to see lebda in game 3

ill only be somewhat happy if sharks lose..

Edited by brett

Based on what? One game.

Thus far, yes.

If they keep outworking us, they will definitely score 5 on 5.

We outworked them 5v5, so I'm not worried. They had spurts where we couldn't do anything against them 5v5, but we controlled a lot of the play and even when they had it in our zone they didn't have scoring chances.

Thus far, yes.

We outworked them 5v5, so I'm not worried. They had spurts where we couldn't do anything against them 5v5, but we controlled a lot of the play and even when they had it in our zone they didn't have scoring chances.

Yeah, they control the play every time Helms line is on the ice... it looks like a powerplay

PP goal 1: Eaves and Helm

PP goal 2: Zetterberg and Cleary

PP goal 3: Zetterberg and Helm

Why after going virtually the entire regular season without using Hank on the PK do we suddenly feel the need to change things?? Fil barely played on the PK tonight.

Thus far, yes.

:blink:

Did you watch the third period?

We hardly had any puck possession until the last 30 seconds when we pulled Howard.

They owned us 5 on 5. We scored one even strength goal and that was a softie.

Phoenix showed more energy and determination

Wings threw shots from the perimeter that's why it looks like we outplayed them when really we didn't.

No blame on Howard, he was good, just unlucky.

Wings got raped on special teams, this has to change or we are not going anywhere.

No excuses, be better, play to your potential Wings and you will win.

GO WINGS!

Officiating aside,

This was a horrible effort from the wings, they were completely flat after the first. Babcock and co need to get them fired up before it's too late.

Full credit for the Coyotes, absolutely outworked us, I don't know how but they did.

This series can still be ours. Split on the road, get the 2 wins at home, end it in the desert.

GO WINGS GO.

This about says it all. The Yotes were quicker everywhere on the ice, especially on special teams. They won every important faceoff, and if you are even thinking about blaming Howard, in any way, you haven't a clue! Everyone who thinks the series is done, are the same idiots who thought the wings wouldn't even make the playoffs!

Lots of hockey left!

Edited by Wing-in-avs-town

25% on the penalty kill! I guess that is why they get paid all the big bucks. Detroit had only a couple really big hits out there. They need to bring up Abdelcader and May, and get rid of 2 lawn flamingos. Willams is useless, and Flipper can't stay on his skates. Last year he was the same, and then all of sudden he was better in the playoffs. What's up this year? Sure he has a good shot, plenty of energy, but why keep him around when his face in the ice all the time? Kronner needs to learn to control his stick. 2 dumb penalties. I guess there's always Friday. Hopefully they can be a bit more physical, and connect on the passes.

When is Franzen going to be useful?

Wings got progressively worse there. They could have ran the Coyotes out of the building in the first, let them hang around with some horrible penalty killing, and paid the price. Hopefully they learned their lesson and bring it next time. Just need to win one on the road here.

Sharks getting booed off the ice after one game...

PP goal 1: Eaves and Helm

PP goal 2: Zetterberg and Cleary

PP goal 3: Zetterberg and Helm

Why after going virtually the entire regular season without using Hank on the PK do we suddenly feel the need to change things?? Fil barely played on the PK tonight.

In Helm's defense, that last goal shouldn't have happened.

People need to chill. This is a 7 game series. Phoenix is going to be harder than some people thought, that's all.

Phoenix manhandled Detroit the 2nd and 3d period, but obviously the 1st showed that Detroit can dominate Phoenix, too.

I think only the biggest optimists thought that we would sweep Phoenix.

no one is going to let may fight doan anyway. if any lineup changes its abby. and if we get whooped in game 2 then id like to see lebda in game 3

ill only be somewhat happy if sharks lose..

Sharks lost.

This series is starting out as expected. We'll have to grind out 1-goal wins, and in order to do that our defense, PK and goaltending will have to be sharp at all times. It wasn't tonight.

We're not going to score 5 goals against this team. We're not going to get big leads. They're never completely out of games it seems.

Will be a long, tough series. But fun. It can go either way for sure.

There's no way May sees the ice in this series unless there's rampant injuries. I honestly think Meech would see action as a forward before May at this stage.

While I'd love to see Abdelkader in for Williams, the fact that he mans the point on the 2nd unit probably means he stays... Ugh. I don't think Draper played bad, but I think 'Kader brings more to the table.