• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game 1 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Coyotes 3

Rate this topic

If you need something to make you feel better after the loss, I give to you, the sharks message board:

http://fans.sharks.nhl.com/topic/11573/t/GDT-Sharks-vs-Avalanche-4-14-10-7-30-PDT-CSN-CA-HD-Series-Ti.html?page=31

ah, good times.

jesus. i didn't think anyone threw their own team under the bus more than LGW. :D guess i was wrong.

anyway, my thoughts on the game: had to listen on the radio because i was at work. (btw, i missed the whole first period because of the whitecaps game...i'm fine with the fact that they finished the game, but THREE BREAKS OF POST GAME COVERAGE WHILE PLAYOFF HOCKEY IS GOING ON WTF WBBL FM GRAND RAPIDS f***!!!!)

sounds like we got outworked pretty bad. i will call BS on the high sticking call. i'd love to hear what the explanation for that was. anyone hear/can post postgame comments from babs et. al. on that one? from what they guys on the radio said, the wings had the puck and they blew the play dead...but obviously they didn't call a penalty.

it seems to me that that call was blown. it seems cheap and weak to blame the refs though. i guess we got one "kill" on the yotes' last PP, but basically going 0-3 against a poorly-ranked power play team is totally unacceptable. i think they'll clean it up for the rest of the series. they better, anyway. that was obviously the difference tonight. it PHX even goes a decent 1-4 on the PP we win the game.

losing game one on the road isn't the end of the world. if we win on friday it's a split series and WE have home ice advantage.

also, i can say all i want about the players, but the joe better be mother ******* rocking on sunday. we can't make the players play harder, but fans who go to the games need to go ******* crazy. i'd be there yelling constantly if i could get work off / afford to go / lived closer to detroit. the joe had better be out of control, no matter what the series is at on sunday.

edit: spelling

Edited by stormboy

i will call BS on the high sticking call. i'd love to hear what the explanation for that was. anyone hear/can post postgame comments from babs et. al. on that one? from what they guys

I don't have the exact quote, but Lids says the ref told him he though it was fils stick that hit lidstrom.

Lidstrom then said the ref was better off telling him he just didnt see the call, as flip was no where near him on the play.

edit: Here's the exact quote: http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2010/04/red_wings_nicklas_lidstrom_nee.html

Edited by crotty99

Dear LGW community,

On behalf of myself, the Red Wings Organization and all annoyed fans of this great city of Detroit, let me assure you, I hear your pleas and echoes for the much needed change in roster. JWill has been a good player for the Wings and I hope that he has continued success for himself in the NHL, just not on the Wings.

With that being said, F*CK JWILL!!! It's my turn to shine. I pledge to throw my body around with such reckless adandonment that I'll give Bettman and the rest of the Western Conference a coronary. I solemnly swear to uphold the tradition of Ole Time Hockey, like that of the great Mickey Redmond days and sacrifice myself for the greater good of the team. A wise man once told me, "Ya know JWill is only on the team cuz he's right handed."

JWill's time is up. He sucks...at life. I mean how bad do you have to suck, if you suck at life? I know what you're thinking...alot. JWill only takes ill-advised shots on the Power Play, plays lazy defense, and for some reason got released from the Wings, only to be brought back. Get cut once, shame on JWill...Get brought back, shame on Kenny. And as for an added bonus, I won't allow Doan or any other goon for that matter, to facewash, punch, shove or slash any Wing after the play has been whistled dead. I'd throw down but that ***** of a Commish would probably suspend me, so I'll just deck every motherf*cker who crosses me.

Here's to a better Game 2, because I'll be in it.

Awaiting my call-up patiently,

Justin Abdelkader

go green, go wings.

Guest screwdahawks
:ranting: OUT HIT 43 to 20 what a f***in joke. Babcock should be flogged for icing that ***** lineup.

Guest Hatethedrake!

The good: Wings played like crap yet only lost by 1 goal. Datsyuk is the best player on the ice for both teams and is flying.

The bad: The team did not compete hard at all and it looked like the 2006 playoffs versus the Oilers. All perimiter and no paying the price. Bryzgalov was picking cherries for the 2nd half of the game. He had it too easy. Franzen and Zetterberg did their best Bertuzzi imitations. Invisible. Howard did not lose the game but his team needs him to bail them out when they play like crap. He did not do that. The PK is terrible. The team is playing as individuals and the team play is not there.

Still it's only 1 game and all of us know the Wings will not be this bad again. I expect a complete turnaround in Game 2 and still like the Wings to win this series in 6. Adding Abdelkader would not hurt. This is Franzen's time, he needs to be better. Zetterberg as well. I also expected more from Cleary. Wings will win Game 2 and get the split on the road and then we will win our home games. If the Wings compete hard and take it to Phoenix they will win this series. If they play like they did in Game 1, it will be a 4 game sweep for Phoenix.

Guest Hatethedrake!

ALL ABOARD THE PAIN TRAIN. Seriously though, I have no idea. Abdelkader maybe? Oh wait he's not playing.

Both were solid in their own ends. Ericsson had at least two good defensive plays for every bad one. He made a couple of pokes to get pucks out of the zone during the hairier times in the game. Honestly all 6 D were good 5-on-5. 4-on-5? Now that was a retard rodeo. :ranting:

I'd like to see our grinders out grind their forwards, though. Doan had an almost Drake-like effect out there when he was going hit-crazy...

Yup, and that kind of intensity can win your team a playoff series.

It wasn't about the refs.

It wasn't about who took a shot at who's head.

It's about the small battles lost, what I consider s***ty faceoff work from our side and a pathetic, uninspired PK. Yeh, I'll bet money on any team netting 3 PP goals on us again. Howard was screened on 2 of their 3 goals. Cmon people!!

Playoff time of year means the goofy comments are also back. RE-LAX!!! It's one game. Red Wings wouldn't be panicking even if they lost the first 2 games, yet some of you already bitching about the non-calls. Stay positive or don't come back in here when the Wings tie the series tomorrow ....

I had the pleasure of watching the Red Wings live during their 3 game western Canada swing in late March when they were playing desperate hockey and, in succession, beat Calgary with one minute to go tied Edmonton in the waning seconds of regulation to salvage a point and then with Z's OT buzzer beater against Vancouver. In each of those games, during the warm-up, you could tell they were ready. Not sure how they seemed during last night's pre-game warm up but they did seem to lack the same level of desperation during periods 2 and 3. I believe this team will take it up a few notches for Friday, come back tied 1-1 in the series and then continue with strong games at the Joe for games 3 and 4.

I agree that Willaims needs to get replaced by Abdelkader. Williams's only benefit is when he can use his shot but 1) he is rarely in position to make use of it even on the PP and 2) he never wins a batlle for the puck along the boards. He needs to take a few lessons from Miller who competes like a mad man whenever there is a battle for the puck and usually he comes away with it.

It wasn't about the refs.

It wasn't about who took a shot at who's head.

It's about the small battles lost, what I consider s***ty faceoff work from our side and a pathetic, uninspired PK. Yeh, I'll bet money on any team netting 3 PP goals on us again. Howard was screened on 2 of their 3 goals. Cmon people!!

Playoff time of year means the goofy comments are also back. RE-LAX!!! It's one game. Red Wings wouldn't be panicking even if they lost the first 2 games, yet some of you already bitching about the non-calls. Stay positive or don't come back in here when the Wings tie the series tomorrow ....

Best frickin post in this 60 page thread.

One loss and Wings nation is hitting the panic button. I wonder if San Jose, Pittsburgh, and New Jersey are panicking right now as well? Please. Its a 7 game series. Howard played very well. The team in front of him did not, and we only lost by a goal. They will turn up the heat next game.

Best frickin post in this 60 page thread.

One loss and Wings nation is hitting the panic button. I wonder if San Jose, Pittsburgh, and New Jersey are panicking right now as well? Please. Its a 7 game series. Howard played very well. The team in front of him did not, and we only lost by a goal. They will turn up the heat next game.

San Jose... Definitely, Pittsburgh... maybe, NJ... I doubt they're too calm.

For those three however, they have lost their home-ice advantage. We never had it, so no panic necessary, but when 3 PPGA are scored... there's reason to lose your cool. That's my peeve on the night, but I do feel we still can win this series.

Also a little nerveracking is the "what-if" of losing game 2. Howard has come back from rough starts real well all year, but if he loses his first 2 of the playoffs, his confidence won't be where it was in the season. If anything, the Wings have to win it for him.

Guest mindfly

Just have a bad feeling about this series... it's like 2006 again... weak soft euroes getting owned by North American steel.

I know our guys looked bad in the 2nd and 3rd periods. But first off, I do not believe the Yotes can keep up that kind of physical pressure. They started losing their drive and got out of position near the second half of the 3rd. During that time the Wings had some scoring chances that our guys obviously didn't take advantage of but it was already turning around in that game. Just not enough time left to pull it off. Maybe they were reading too much of their good press. But I cannot believe our boyz won't turn it around and soon.

Meanwhile, I agree Williams was almost non-existant and guys like Bert didn't start really moving till late in the game. On the other hand, Ericsson had some really good shots on net in the 3rd.

Guest mindfly

Coyotes have 12 Soft Euros™ while Red Wings have 11 Soft Euros™.

Doan and Jovanovski makes up for that.... and the wing's euro's are way softer than theirs... bertuzzi never layed a hit on anyone after the moore situation, cleary doesnt do much, draper sucks, williams is softer than Leino ever was that's BAAAD, Helm do hit but he's small so his hits doesnt have the same impact, I'd say more Stuart NA's is what detroit would need... he hits and he's also big.

Edited by mindfly

Just have a bad feeling about this series... it's like 2006 again... weak soft euroes getting owned by North American steel.

Just like the Ducks in 09, right?

It amazes me that people still act like the team is filled with Euro *******. Those "*******" dominated the first period while the Coyotes were running around with their heads cut off. You kill the last two penalties and this game isn't even close.

Well, I didn't get to see the whole game (only the first and part of the second) but I thought the Wings were not looking any better than the Yotes from the off. Holmstrom's goal was pretty lucky, and Lidstrom's shot was lucky to make it through the five guys screening and Bryzgalov without being touched.

Yandle's shot went off Stuart's leg, but not to the degree where Howard shouldn't have been able to stop it.

The Wings were lucky to be up 2-1 at that point and were being outplayed, and while I was expecting them to win I am not stunned that they ended up losing.

I was too tired to stay awake to watch the whole game, needless to say I'm extremely disappointed in how the game ended up. I thought we played really well in the 1st and was hoping they would continue that for the rest of the night.

We better play 100x better than this in Game 2.

Guest mindfly

I was too tired to stay awake to watch the whole game, needless to say I'm extremely disappointed in how the game ended up. I thought we played really well in the 1st and was hoping they would continue that for the rest of the night.

We better play 100x better than this in Game 2.

Your interest and dedication for the red wings continues to amaze me :thumbup:

Edited by mindfly