• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game 1 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Coyotes 3

Rate this topic

Also, it wasn't likely just the refs that blew the game (more like our PK unit), but if a player gets ******* cut open for some unknown reason, shouldn't it be reviewed? Just because it wasn't seen doesn't mean they should just rely on their eyes for everything. Technology was invented for a reason. This is one of those.

Alright, alright, everyone let all the irrational emotion out. Let it ALL out. That's what internet forums are for. That just plain sucked and we deserve to ***** and complain until the next game. We really do.

HAHA you're right. F'n WINGS, way to become the laziest team in the NHL. Ya, I said it, tired, lazy, no effort, keep it going. Throw all the pucks on net from the blue line and have no one go for the rebound the whole game..yep, great. I'm pretty sure Vernon Wells with a hockey stick would have been more effective than Bertuzzi. I won't blame the refs because we fight them every year with calls. This is the year Bettman cheers for the Yotes. WATCH OUT.

Hopefully Mike will realize that dressing Williams over anyone that can hit is a mistake

maybe Holland will stop giving this piece of s*** contracts

The wings commentators need to stop bitching about every ******* call or lack there of.

So here's a lesson from tonight's game... KILL PENALTIES!!

They can't score on us 5-on-5, it's clear, once we start killing penalties we can take it to 'em. We need to take game 2, I don't want to have to watch comeback kids all series. Disappointed by the loss, but the Yotes had a solid game. Refs were great at the beginning, then they started confusing me... the hold against Phoenix giving us our last PP was a weird one.

Guest Crymson

This team is talented and hard-working enough that they almost won that game in spite of the officiating and in spite of playing terribly.

No call on the high-stick and no call on flagrant interference against Helm. Both were vital affairs.

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

What a joke that game was. I usually don't post on here during games, but that was too embaressing not to say something. I mean, do they realize the playoffs started? Pull your heads out of your asses. It's win or go home and you let a team dominate you in every aspect of the game? What happened to this "experience" we've heard so much about? Also, it wasn't the officials fault. Granted the game winning goal should not have counted and they missed a blatant double minor at center, that is no excuse for getting completely out worked. Too many players looked like they weren't into the game. Filppula, Williams (big surprise), Zetterberg, Franzen, Datsyuk.

Time for everybody to step up.

The bright side is:

There is no way the Wings penalty kill can be THAT bad two games in a row.

What a clusterf****.

But we've been here before, just one game, no worries. Despite how well Phoenix smothered the Wings, they still only scored on the powerplay.

Wings now know what players to defend against and they will get their crap together.

Phoenix came out excited and physical, but experience (as we've seen as Wings fans), usually wins out. We just have to be patient, as frustrating as that was.

So here's a lesson from tonight's game... KILL PENALTIES!!

They can't score on us 5-on-5, it's clear, once we start killing penalties we can take it to 'em. We need to take game 2, I don't want to have to watch comeback kids all series. Disappointed by the loss, but the Yotes had a solid game. Refs were great at the beginning, then they started confusing me... the hold against Phoenix giving us our last PP was a weird one.

They had more 5 on 5 chances than us as well. It's not exactly like our even strength play was incredible. They were forechecking the s*** out of our defense all game.

Penalty killing is all about effort, and our lack of effort even strength showed up on the scoreboard once Phoenix got the man advantage.

I can take only few good things in the game:

1. Howard did not look really nervous out there, the 3rd goal he could save it but terrible faceoff and wide open shot lead to a goal

2. Datsyuk and Lidstrom were playing great tonight.

Other than that, I cannot think anything. Get rid of Williams; freaking useless at all.

great 1st, horrible 2nd n 3rd period. Our special teams costed us tonight plain and simple. Yotes PP 3/3 10 shots. Horrible. Our PP looked brutal tonight as well. We were lazy and outplayed big time. Datsyuk Stuart Lids only good players tn. Howard was decent. I'm still itching my head on the 3rd goal, but where was our D??? That missed penalty at the end would have helped us, but we had our chances and didn't capitalize. Lets hope we bounce back next game. As s***ty as we played, remember, Yotes finished 4th and well over a 100 pts for a reason. They have a fast young team. GWG!!!

Edited by wingsfan_54

Thing I'm mostly pissed about is the non call on the ****** that high sticked Lids. Could of made a huge difference. But then again they weren't really doing much on their PP.

The Yotes are extremely fast, Wings gotta find a way to slow them done.

We got the W on Friday. That's my feeling.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

Ugh, if this game is an indication of how the officiating will go, looks like we have the Incompetent Refs suiting up to play along side the Coyotes and Wings. If the Wings wouldn't evacuate their bowels in the bed on the PK and actually take advantage of the PP opportunities they get, this game would have ended differently. Wings fall 3-2 to the Coyotes after a terrible effort from the 2nd period on by everyone.

Wings will get this series, I have no doubt about that. This franchise hasn't seen the 2nd round of the playoff since, what, the 1980s. That's a history that will be very difficult for any team to overcome.

Next game will be much better than this one, I can almost guarantee it.

Wings are 0-1 in the playoff so far.