• Please log in to reply
1224 replies to this topic

#1061 SDavis35

SDavis35

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:45 PM

So here's a lesson from tonight's game... KILL PENALTIES!!

They can't score on us 5-on-5, it's clear, once we start killing penalties we can take it to 'em. We need to take game 2, I don't want to have to watch comeback kids all series. Disappointed by the loss, but the Yotes had a solid game. Refs were great at the beginning, then they started confusing me... the hold against Phoenix giving us our last PP was a weird one.

#1062 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:46 PM

this series has 05-06 edmonton written all over it
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#1063 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

This team is talented and hard-working enough that they almost won that game in spite of the officiating and in spite of playing terribly.

No call on the high-stick and no call on flagrant interference against Helm. Both were vital affairs.

#1064 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

At least it wasn't technically an upset.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#1065 stevieisthebest

stevieisthebest

The Captain

• PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

FUUUUCKING terrible
"15,395 Days since they won the cup...3 seconds left, THE DETROiT RED WINGS ARE THE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!"

"Lemiuex was hammered by Darren McCarty, and he is being helped into the locker room."

Thanks Steve! #19
Thanks Nick! #5

#1066 lookalive07

lookalive07

--19--

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

The good news is there are no minus players on the Wings roster.

Something to be positive about.

But the fact that our PK is 25% isn't that incredible of a stat, however.

Posted Image

#1067 Cheveldae32

Cheveldae32

OFD

• Gold Booster
  • 78 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:47 PM

I think I woke up and just watched us playing in mid December form, that performance was P A Thetic. Hopefully its out of our system and we get it together

#1068 DatsyukianDeke13

DatsyukianDeke13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

What a joke that game was. I usually don't post on here during games, but that was too embaressing not to say something. I mean, do they realize the playoffs started? Pull your heads out of your asses. It's win or go home and you let a team dominate you in every aspect of the game? What happened to this "experience" we've heard so much about? Also, it wasn't the officials fault. Granted the game winning goal should not have counted and they missed a blatant double minor at center, that is no excuse for getting completely out worked. Too many players looked like they weren't into the game. Filppula, Williams (big surprise), Zetterberg, Franzen, Datsyuk.

Time for everybody to step up.
Mixed feelings about this
JERSEY SALE!!!!! PM IF INTERESTED!(I have international and red wings jerseys)
Posted Image

#1069 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

The bright side is:

There is no way the Wings penalty kill can be THAT bad two games in a row.

What a clusterf****.

But we've been here before, just one game, no worries. Despite how well Phoenix smothered the Wings, they still only scored on the powerplay.

Wings now know what players to defend against and they will get their crap together.

Phoenix came out excited and physical, but experience (as we've seen as Wings fans), usually wins out. We just have to be patient, as frustrating as that was.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#1070 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,742 posts

So here's a lesson from tonight's game... KILL PENALTIES!!

They can't score on us 5-on-5, it's clear, once we start killing penalties we can take it to 'em. We need to take game 2, I don't want to have to watch comeback kids all series. Disappointed by the loss, but the Yotes had a solid game. Refs were great at the beginning, then they started confusing me... the hold against Phoenix giving us our last PP was a weird one.

They had more 5 on 5 chances than us as well. It's not exactly like our even strength play was incredible. They were forechecking the s*** out of our defense all game.

Penalty killing is all about effort, and our lack of effort even strength showed up on the scoreboard once Phoenix got the man advantage.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#1071 FedorovMan91

FedorovMan91

Legend

• PipPip
  • 462 posts

I can take only few good things in the game:

1. Howard did not look really nervous out there, the 3rd goal he could save it but terrible faceoff and wide open shot lead to a goal
2. Datsyuk and Lidstrom were playing great tonight.

Other than that, I cannot think anything. Get rid of Williams; freaking useless at all.
Anyone asks about the life? It is very simple. You have all or none. You have a success or failure. There can be only one winner. However, you need a failure to accomplish a success. You never look back. You only look forward. What you are doing right now for even a second or a minute shape your future. It can be deadly gloomy or very bright. Don't be frustrated by the present situation. Think positively. Good thing will happen to you soon

#1072 wingsfan_54

wingsfan_54

Rookie

• Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:48 PM

great 1st, horrible 2nd n 3rd period. Our special teams costed us tonight plain and simple. Yotes PP 3/3 10 shots. Horrible. Our PP looked brutal tonight as well. We were lazy and outplayed big time. Datsyuk Stuart Lids only good players tn. Howard was decent. I'm still itching my head on the 3rd goal, but where was our D??? That missed penalty at the end would have helped us, but we had our chances and didn't capitalize. Lets hope we bounce back next game. As s***ty as we played, remember, Yotes finished 4th and well over a 100 pts for a reason. They have a fast young team. GWG!!!

Edited by wingsfan_54, 14 April 2010 - 11:49 PM.

#1073 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Thing I'm mostly pissed about is the non call on the ****** that high sticked Lids. Could of made a huge difference. But then again they weren't really doing much on their PP.

The Yotes are extremely fast, Wings gotta find a way to slow them done.

We got the W on Friday. That's my feeling.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033, 14 April 2010 - 11:49 PM.

"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#1074 Dave

Dave

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Ok now that the blind rage has died down...

At least Dats looks great.

Z seemed slow

Uh...the pens lost, that was nice.

#1075 commadore183

commadore183

Versus televised America's last nuclear bomb test

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:49 PM

Ugh, if this game is an indication of how the officiating will go, looks like we have the Incompetent Refs suiting up to play along side the Coyotes and Wings. If the Wings wouldn't evacuate their bowels in the bed on the PK and actually take advantage of the PP opportunities they get, this game would have ended differently. Wings fall 3-2 to the Coyotes after a terrible effort from the 2nd period on by everyone.

Wings will get this series, I have no doubt about that. This franchise hasn't seen the 2nd round of the playoff since, what, the 1980s. That's a history that will be very difficult for any team to overcome.

Next game will be much better than this one, I can almost guarantee it.

Wings are 0-1 in the playoff so far.
Mike Illich does not care about Detroit. Boycott 2013 Winter Cla$$ic.
Skilled hockey is, and will forever be, winning hockey. Deal with it.
"A perfect vision, some simple ways to let you know
Free range humans all couped up naked clone is playing lame" Avon by Queens of the Stone Age

#1076 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,077 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:49 PM

Inexcusable that the high-stick -- which was right where the puck was -- was missed. Unbelievable that on the game's highest stage that something as easy to call like that isn't caught by four sets of eyes. That missed call dramatically changed the dynamic of that third period. Instead of a 5-on-3 after a few moments you're back at 5-on-5. That's not even mentioning that Lidstrom missed a shift or two getting patched up in the process.

Detroit's sense of urgency waned quite a bit and there was a complete lack of a forecheck or physical game as the game wore on. After dominating play in the first period the Wings didn't counterpunch Detroit's attack.

As much as I could ***** and moan about Doan's blatant interference on Helm that led to Morris's eventual GWG, that happens and that call gets missed. It didn't help that Helm wilted as soon as he got it (if he was able to battle through Doan's interference by moving his feet.)

Alas... can we please move Williams off the power play? He's absolutely brutal and I don't understand why Babcock doesn't use Stuart more back there -- it's not like he doesn't have a hard shot and he's definitely more responsible.

I'd like Abdelkader in there... it's a push for Williams or Draper.

#1077 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:50 PM

We haven't won a series in 3 years when losing the first game.

It's over. Pittsburgh over Phoenix in 6 games.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#1078 Nero

Nero

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

Well deserved loss. Defense wins. And ours.. was nowhere to be found when it mattered. On the power-play. Where Phoenix scored their goals.

#1079 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,708 posts

umm where was the 4 min pp for the high stick on lids to end the game? why did the refs call phatom calls? why did kronwall get called for intereference, give me a break. the reffing was pretty terrible, and they didnt even do anything about lids bleeding from a high stick, are you blind? even the franzen hook was weak as the coyote player dropped to the ice like an italian soccer player. we need abdelkader to bring some energy and speed to our team in the next game, seriously, we need some mean. howard had an okay game, didnt give up the easiest goals, our pk was obviously poor and passive, but the reffing that provided those pp was s***. whats worse is that bettman was there to see the game, he probably was very pleased. i cant stand the reffing in this league, i mean, i wouldnt complain as hard if it wasnt for lids getting high sticked, that was flagrant on a star player and they called no penalty that would have given a 4 min pp to end the game.... thats weak in my opinion - make the right calls.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#1080 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

They can't score on us 5v5, so I'm not too worried. I guessed we'd win in 6 so I am not going to start pressing the panic button until we lose three games.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".