• Please log in to reply
1224 replies to this topic

#1081 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:51 PM

Talking on the post game about how Abby could very well dress on Friday.

If Shane Doan keeps running people, do we have any chance of seeing Brad May don the wheel to keep him in line?

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#1082 clutchngrab

clutchngrab

clutchngrab

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

I knew I wanted to play Vancouver in the first round.

yup, me too.
Are you kidding? Block you? And miss watching you stumble around the forum looking for an argument like a dog sniffing butts? It would be like turning off a bad episode of Jerry Springer. You know you shouldn't be watching, but you just... can't... help... it...

#1083 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,031 posts

idk that game was pretty scary. they controlled the play 2nd and 3rd period. wings couldnt do a thing about it even on the PP.

better play better

#1084 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Yotes played well but three powerplay goals thats kinda messed.

Okay Iam so confused on why that high stick on lidstrom was not called wtf??? Just saying in my opion that a bit unfair based on the simple s*** that was called on both teams. Some of the penalty calls prob should not have been called. And the lidstrom stick IN THE FACE was not called it would have been a four min powerplay and a 5 on 3. Iam so confused.
Posted Image

#1085 Chelichic

Chelichic

4th Line Grinder

• Gold Booster
  • 300 posts

Game two we are going to kick some butt! GO WINGS!!! :P

#1086 skyphoenix

skyphoenix

JIMMEH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Williams needs to go. Hands down the worst player on the ice EVERY game. He is a waste of space and Abdelkader deserves a spot in the lineup a lot more. I don't even know how to describe Williams' play because it's just like he's never on the ice when he is on the ice. He makes no difference in or out of the lineup.

Edited by skyphoenix, 14 April 2010 - 11:52 PM.

Posted Image

#1087 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:52 PM

PS, for all of those blaming the refs for this loss, just stop. It was our PK.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#1088 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,857 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:53 PM

They can't score on us 5v5, so I'm not too worried. I guessed we'd win in 6 so I am not going to start pressing the panic button until we lose three games.

Based on what? One game.

If they keep outworking us, they will definitely score 5 on 5. Our lack of effort led to the powerplay goals even though we managed to hold them off the scoreboard even strenght.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#1089 Joe_Louis

Joe_Louis

Jr. Prospect

• 17 posts

Okay Iam so confused on why that high stick on lidstrom was not called wtf??? Just saying in my opion that a bit unfair based on the simple s*** that was called on both teams. Some of the penalty calls prob should not have been called. And the lidstrom stick IN THE FACE was not called it would have been a four min powerplay and a 5 on 3. Iam so confused.

No confusion necessary. Missed call. Human error. Let it go.

#1090 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

If Shane Doan keeps running people, do we have any chance of seeing Brad May don the wheel to keep him in line?

No. We need to score goals and play better on the PK. May can't help with that.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#1091 clutchngrab

clutchngrab

clutchngrab

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

This team is talented and hard-working enough that they almost won that game in spite of the officiating and in spite of playing terribly.

No call on the high-stick and no call on flagrant interference against Helm. Both were vital affairs.

true that...hopefully over 7 it evens out.
Are you kidding? Block you? And miss watching you stumble around the forum looking for an argument like a dog sniffing butts? It would be like turning off a bad episode of Jerry Springer. You know you shouldn't be watching, but you just... can't... help... it...

#1092 Jedi

Jedi

In this town of Halloween...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,818 posts

The refs had to have missed it. High stick is an automatic call, so the only explanation is that the 2 refs just didn't see it.

I'm not saying it makes sense, because that clearly should have been a double minor. But that's what happened. Just gotta move on.

y4m8.png
"Come with us and you will see, this our town of Halloween..."

#1093 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,033 posts

No. May won't see ice time with Doan anyway.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#1094 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,857 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:54 PM

At least the Pens lost.

It's like the old days with Colorado, when I felt better about us losing when they lost as well. :hehe:
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#1095 Dave

Dave

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

It's not even the PK's fault (entirely)

It's

Zetterberg
Franzen
Cleary
Helm
Eaves
Miller
Draper
Williams
Stuart
Kronwall
Rafalski
Lilja
Ericsson

^^^ It's their fault we lost

#1096 GordieSid&Ted

GordieSid&Ted

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,384 posts

Well, for long stretches of the game and a few minutes after the game I wanted to be mad. Like really mad. But then I thought about it and all I can do is tip my cap to the Coyotes. Much like The Wings have done to many a team over the years, the Yotes put on an absolute clinic tonight at our expense.

Um...could the Coyotes skate any faster? I swear I saw 10 guys out there that all looked like Mike Gartner. Speed kills and the Yotes have it in spades.

The physical game actually made me laugh. Anybody who's surprised at the way we were physically manhandled has been living in denial for 5 years. Seriously, we were manhandled. There's a reason we looked dog tired, why our passes were all over the place, why were were helter skelter in all 3 zones, why we couldn't sustain any pressure. The Yotes just pounded on us tonight. They used their speed and physicality to pretty much knock the will and the skill out of everyone but Datsyuk.

Any mention of shot counts can just lick my fargin azz. This game wasn't as close as the score says it was. Bryz having a total brain fart on the 1st goal made the game seem closer. We were outchanced, had fewer quality chances, had less sustained pressure and forcheck. Our power play didn't match the effort of the Yotes PK. Our PK was just snake bit tonight. It'll be better.

One thing to notice. WAY TOO MUCH TIME MAKING DECISIONS. I'm not sure if we didn't expect it or what but if you hold onto the puck long enough to think about what you wanted to do, a Yote came up from behind you and fugged up the works.

Yotes were everywhere. Used their assets. Made us look awful at times.

Now we all know what its like to thoroughly get beat. And I don't mean on the scoreboard. We flat out got outworked, outwilled, outhustled and were downright outmatched in this one. Expect more of the same speed and tenacity from a young, excitable Coyote team.

I think i'm changing my prediction from Wings in 5 to Wings in 6 minimum. Maybe even 7. eek
Being a mod doesn't make you special.

#1097 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,980 posts

The wings were terrible, but it still does not excuse that call, which happened in the center of the ice not in a scrum in the corner.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#1098 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,340 posts

Based on what? One game.

If they keep outworking us, they will definitely score 5 on 5. Our lack of effort led to the powerplay goals even though we managed to hold them off the scoreboard even strenght.

If Detroit plays like they did in the first there won't be much of a series for the Yotes.

They let up off the gas, let the Yotes come back in the game and just lost their composure to an intense crowd.

Posted Image

#1099 swedishseven

swedishseven

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 218 posts

Wow heavy forechecking by the yotes!! Wings wre running and chasing too much..didnt like the no call on lids,shoulda been a double minor..instead a no call..p.k.was lousy..not much more to say that hasnt been said...hope they review the tape tomorrow and adjust their game..were better than we played tonight

#1100 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,081 posts

If the Wings wouldn't evacuate their bowels in the bed on the PK and actually take advantage of the PP opportunities they get, this game would have ended differently.

The first Coyote PP goal was unfortunate, but the second one was by far the most egrarious. Cleary gambled on the play at the blueline instead of staying in his zone and that's right where Wolski was for the pass. If he stays home tht puck doesn't get to Wolski. The third PPG, well -- I honestly blame Howard for that. Granted Helm was interfered with but Howard had a clear view of that shot but overplayed his angle to the left side and Morris made him pay.

Wings fall 3-2 to the Coyotes after a terrible effort from the 2nd period on by everyone.

Agreed -- they didn't match the Coyotes' intensity after they dialed it up a notch. As the game wore on the Wings were reaching for more pucks instead of getting "engaged', they were standing arond, trying to do too much individually, making sloppy decision, etc.. Very disappointing.