• Please log in to reply
1224 replies to this topic

#1221 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 03:24 PM

As far as cheering for your team, I'm pretty sure mindfly cheers hard for the Wings. Maybe even harder than any of us, based on how angry he gets over each mistake or loss.

This.
Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#1222 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 11:53 PM

It's been known for some time that the only way you can beat the Red Wings (with any consistency) is to rough them up, and get them outta their puck possession style that we see them play throughout the regular season.

There's alot of hockey left to be played in this series, and last year we beat the Ducks so it's not as though this spring is a lost cause when we face a physical team like this years Coyotes.

I will say though that it's this style of hockey that we see every playoffs, and it's why I was hoping to see guys like Moen, and Malhotra signed instead of guys like Williams.

The 09 Ducks didn't take the series to seven because they played too physical. No team beats Detroit just because they are physical (that sure as hell isn't why they won last night). That has always been a myth.

They took the series to seven because they had a dominant first line and a defensive core that was able to keep Detroit's forwards to the outside and basically pad Hiller's stats with perimeter shots.

Edited by Doc Holliday, 15 April 2010 - 11:53 PM.

Posted Image

#1223 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

Buckeye & Red Wing fanatic

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 11:57 PM

The 09 Ducks didn't take the series to seven because they played too physical. No team beats Detroit just because they are physical (that sure as hell isn't why they won last night). That has always been a myth.

They took the series to seven because they had a dominant first line and a defensive core that was able to keep Detroit's forwards to the outside and basically pad Hiller's stats with perimeter shots.

Exactly. Being physical doesn't affect the Wings as much as the MSM likes to believe. If anything, it gives us a few more powerplays. It's when the Wings cant get to the inside lanes that we're in trouble. Like last night...

"During Robert Langís time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#1224 Icemann778

Icemann778

Jr. Prospect

• 28 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:22 AM

great job dude i liked it

#1225 scottj

scottj

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 10:54 AM

did anybody see the (around 30 years old) guy dancin n throwin popcorn on top of a 40-50 year old lady in a wings jersey in front of him after phoenix won? it was when they were showin the crowd before goin to commercial... what a cocksucker