• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game 1 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Coyotes 3

Rate this topic

Eva, thank you for bringing up the fact Stuart tried to block the puck.

What in the hell was Stuart thinking on that play? If you can't get your entire body in front of the puck for a shot block, don't try to stick something out to knock it away. Not only does it block and distract Howard but there is a good chance you are going to tip the puck where Howard isn't expecting the shot to go.

That's ******* defense 101 right there.

Also, Mindfly and Electrophile have the same number of posts. Had to screencap that.

coolb.jpg

Edited by Doc Holliday

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

hoooray for mindfly and electrophile!

thats quite alotta posts!!! :fro: :carrot: :drunk::pilot:

I think it's funny that mindfly thinks he can criticize me, when he never has anything nice to say about the Wings, even when they win. Guess what, Sparky? I have a life that revolves around more than just sports. I'm not going to stay up late and end up tired all day. I've got too much to do. Other people may be able to manage it well, but I can't. That doesn't make anyone else a better fan than I am.

Edited by Electrophile

I think it's funny that mindfly thinks he can criticize me, when he never has anything nice to say about the Wings, even when they win. Guess what, Sparky? I have a life that revolves around more than just sports. I'm not going to stay up late and end up tired all day. I've got too much to do. Other people may be able to manage it well, but I can't. That doesn't make anyone else a better fan than I am.

uh oh..honeymoons over! :lol:

all feelings aside i think detroit played great in the first period. then all of a sudden..it felt like the tire on their jerseys deflated resulting in lackluster play. then by the 3rd period the tire was just flat. thus resulting in a game 1 defeat.

i really hope they come together in game 2.

Don't be mad at Mindfly he just got home from Australia, he might still suffer from jetlag :blush:

Don't be mad at Mindfly he just got home from Australia, he might still suffer from jetlag :blush:

If only that were the reason. He's always like this. Apparently to him if you don't spend all day glued to your TV/computer watching the game, you're not a real fan. It's really aggravating because I try to watch as many games as my limited financial and time constraints allow me and I think it's really rude to insinuate you're a better fan than someone else over something so stupid and trivial.

I'm sorry, what?

ohhh nothing! im just kidding with you!

but by golly its sucha nice day outside!

:w00t2: :fro:

When the Wings play badly, he jumps off the bandwagon.

When the Wings play well, he jumps back on.

So by my count, this year he jumped on the off the bandwagon about 45 times. I should make a sign and make it part of my signature.

Mindfly is currently "OFF" the bandwagon.

Eva, thank you for bringing up the fact Stuart tried to block the puck.

What in the hell was Stuart thinking on that play? If you can't get your entire body in front of the puck for a shot block, don't try to stick something out to knock it away. Not only does it block and distract Howard but there is a good chance you are going to tip the puck where Howard isn't expecting the shot to go.

That's ******* defense 101 right there.

Stuart was the only one laying the body and not being a ***** last night. Him and Helm to be honest. So i think the last person to criticize would be Stuart.

Phoenix is like a 09' version of Anaheim with more talent...or at least a better team. If we lose the next game the partys over.

Stuart was the only one laying the body and not being a ***** last night. Him and Helm to be honest. So i think the last person to criticize would be Stuart.

Phoenix is like a 09' version of Anaheim with more talent...or at least a better team. If we lose the next game the partys over.

Absolutely not. I will be the first one to say I still believe the Wings will win the series if they lose tomorrow.

'02 Vancouver. We lost those two games at HOME... Different rosters or not these things happen. Don't be a fair weather fan.

Guest screwdahawks

Doan and Jovanovski makes up for that.... and the wing's euro's are way softer than theirs... bertuzzi never layed a hit on anyone after the moore situation, cleary doesnt do much, draper sucks, williams is softer than Leino ever was that's BAAAD, Helm do hit but he's small so his hits doesnt have the same impact, I'd say more Stuart NA's is what detroit would need... he hits and he's also big.

I guess we have some ***** North Americans to go with our soft Euros. Hard hits became a foreign word to Cleary as soon as he got his deal with the NTC. Now with Wussie I mean Willie there ain't enough nasty words in my vocabulary to fully describe my feelings toward that useless piece of s***. If we go out early the one good thing about it is, not having to fight regurgitating every time that ***** takes the ice.

I guess we have some ***** North Americans to go with our soft Euros. Hard hits became a foreign word to Cleary as soon as he got his deal with the NTC. Now with Wussie I mean Willie there ain't enough nasty words in my vocabulary to fully describe my feelings toward that useless piece of s***. If we go out early the one good thing about it is, not having to fight regurgitating every time that ***** takes the ice.

What a nice, classy thing to say about a player on our team.

When the Wings play badly, he jumps off the bandwagon.

When the Wings play well, he jumps back on.

So by my count, this year he jumped on the off the bandwagon about 45 times. I should make a sign and make it part of my signature.

Mindfly is currently "OFF" the bandwagon.

There is no bandwagon.

Unless by bandwagon you're talking about believing whether your team will win or not.

As far as cheering for your team, I'm pretty sure mindfly cheers hard for the Wings. Maybe even harder than any of us, based on how angry he gets over each mistake or loss.

Absolutely not. I will be the first one to say I still believe the Wings will win the series if they lose tomorrow.

'02 Vancouver. We lost those two games at HOME... Different rosters or not these things happen. Don't be a fair weather fan.

Has nothing to do with being a fair weather fan, i hate when people say that. It's being realistic. The Detroit team we saw lats night WILL NOT beat the Phoenix team we saw last night 4 out of 5 times if they lose tomorrow. However, i believe they will win tomorrow.

Guest mindfly

Has nothing to do with being a fair weather fan, i hate when people say that. It's being realistic. The Detroit team we saw lats night WILL NOT beat the Phoenix team we saw last night 4 out of 5 times if they lose tomorrow. However, i believe they will win tomorrow.

They better win, I mean, now they KNOW everything they did wrong, they have it on video.. it's up to the leadership group to fix those errors and play with desperation and they SHOULD be fine, I can accept one brutal embarassing game like the other night IF they bounce back and play awesome the game after, that would be a great sign and proof that they really know what it takes in the playoffs... if they fail again... we all know what will happen... however usually after a brutal effort wings usually play very good and i EXPECT that on friday, too.

It's just one game. One game that we most definitely threw away. I thought Jimmy was pretty solid overall. Could've had the 3rd goal but it seems to be more of a symptom of the PK than the goalkeeping.

I've let my thoughts on Williams be known in another thread. Brad Stuary likely has the most consistently hard shot on the team, and yet Willy gets the point on the powerplay. If it were me, Abdelkader would be in for Game 2, but Babs isn't likely to mess with the forward units and PP after one game.

The Wings played pretty well to start out with, but twoards the end they just settled for shots from the perimeter that weren't getting traffic in front of the net. The Coyotes clogged up the middle and we're just going to have to find a way around that.

We've played the Coyotes twice before, and it's went 6 each times. And no series is over until the home team loses a game, unless it's Game 7 of course.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Doan had an almost Drake-like effect out there when he was going hit-crazy...

Has Drake's 10 good hits in the Cup Run now become so overrated that we think Doan's performance last night was "almost" as good as Drake's? Seriously? Doan was the most dominant player in terms of changing the tempo and controlling the game bar none last night, something Drake NEVER did for an entire game during the cup run.

Phoenix is like a 09' version of Anaheim with more talent...or at least a better team.

Extremely Debatable, though I honestly thought when we drew them that Phoenix would be the hardest team out of the 4 to vs in the first round given how hot their deadline guys were and the way they had been playing.

It's been known for some time that the only way you can beat the Red Wings (with any consistency) is to rough them up, and get them outta their puck possession style that we see them play throughout the regular season.

There's alot of hockey left to be played in this series, and last year we beat the Ducks so it's not as though this spring is a lost cause when we face a physical team like this years Coyotes.

I will say though that it's this style of hockey that we see every playoffs, and it's why I was hoping to see guys like Moen, and Malhotra signed instead of guys like Williams.

The 09 Ducks didn't take the series to seven because they played too physical. No team beats Detroit just because they are physical (that sure as hell isn't why they won last night). That has always been a myth.

They took the series to seven because they had a dominant first line and a defensive core that was able to keep Detroit's forwards to the outside and basically pad Hiller's stats with perimeter shots.

Edited by Doc Holliday

The 09 Ducks didn't take the series to seven because they played too physical. No team beats Detroit just because they are physical (that sure as hell isn't why they won last night). That has always been a myth.

They took the series to seven because they had a dominant first line and a defensive core that was able to keep Detroit's forwards to the outside and basically pad Hiller's stats with perimeter shots.

Exactly. Being physical doesn't affect the Wings as much as the MSM likes to believe. If anything, it gives us a few more powerplays. It's when the Wings cant get to the inside lanes that we're in trouble. Like last night...

Guest scottj

did anybody see the (around 30 years old) guy dancin n throwin popcorn on top of a 40-50 year old lady in a wings jersey in front of him after phoenix won? it was when they were showin the crowd before goin to commercial... what a cocksucker